• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm playing as Milan and I am getting gold income from occupying Aquileia. Since I am not looking to annex more provinces (+0.75 infamy from 3 non-core HRE provinces), is there any point to work out a peace deal or can I keep occupying for decades? All her allies who joined the war were defeated. Do I get tax from occupied territories too, and how much?

I also want to get Urbino from Aquileia but it's occupied by friendly rebels whom I created before the war started. Is there any way to get Urbino now or do I have settle for peace now and take it in another war?

I haven't seen such information so far. The game tells you only how long it takes to the neighbouring province.
Ok, thanks for answering. I thought distance and time needed to travel would be basic info for warfare... Guess I will need to remember some of the time and distances between neighbouring provinces to get a general idea.

Last edited:
I'm playing as Milan and I am getting gold income from occupying Aquileia. Since I am not looking to annex more provinces (+0.75 infamy from 3 non-core HRE provinces), is there any point to work out a peace deal or can I keep occupying for decades? All her allies who joined the war were defeated. Do I get tax from occupied territories too, and how much?

I also want to get Urbino from Aquileia but it's occupied by friendly rebels whom I created before the war started. Is there any way to get Urbino now or do I have settle for peace now and take it in another war?

Ok, thanks for answering. I thought distance and time needed to travel would be basic info for warfare... Guess I will need to remember some of the time and distances between neighbouring provinces to get a general idea.

You'll auto white peace in three years if you've completely occupied the enemy territories. If the rebels are friendly (have your flag), just sit tight and they might defect. However, the AI won't negotiate with rebels if they're at war.

You get no tax from occupied territories.

You'll auto white peace in three years if you've completely occupied the enemy territories. If the rebels are friendly (have your flag), just sit tight and they might defect. However, the AI won't negotiate with rebels if they're at war.

You get no tax from occupied territories.

Thanks for clarifying. I actually made peace and saw the gold income disappeared before I came to ask questions. Aquileia collapsed soon after peace deal (I took all of their money) and rebel-occupied Urbino (that was part of Aquileia) actually became part of Papal State after the collapse. Not sure how that worked. The rebels are Umbrian patriots, I think. They stayed in Romagna that they occupied after taking down Urbino.

Should I become Sunni as Oman (and how do I do that?)

[...]

you may want to conquer a Sunni province and place a missionary there with zero missionary maintenance... eventually Sunni religious rebels will spawn there and when they win the siege you can negotiate with them on the Religion tab and give in to their demands - thus become Sunni. however you will have to take a serious prestige AND legitimacy hit IIRC.

I have just started a game (grand campaign) as france (DW 5.1) and have a question about my vassals.

Will the cores I have in my vassals expire in 50 years, and if yes, how to I annex them before that happens?

Thanks in advance

Will the cores I have in my vassals expire in 50 years, and if yes, how to I annex them before that happens?
Cores you have on provinces of your own culture group (French, in other words) will never expire. You don't have to worry about those. However, any cores on non-culture provinces will indeed vanish after 50 years. You can check by going to the province view and looking at the tool tip of the shields; it will say if the core will expire or not. France starts with cores on some Flemish provinces, including Antwerpen, and you do need to us these before 1449 or you'll lose them.

As far as your vassals go, there's no rush to annex them and their troops will come in handy meanwhile. You get missions for annexing some of them too, which give extra rewards for doing so - so best to wait for those missions to appear. Otherwise you have two options:

1. Warlike. Insult them down to below 100 relations, break your alliance, then break vassalage, then declare war. The only danger here is that in the obligatory 1-month gap between you breaking their vassalage and declaring war, they might have allied with someone powerful.

2. Peaceful. Get their relations up to over 190 and the option to annex them should appear. Your chance is improved if you have a high DIP king, a lot of countries in your Sphere of Influence, high prestige and low infamy. I think there's also a bonus for how long you've had them as vassals, which becomes significant after 30 years. You'll lose a point of stability when you annex them. Also, you can only annex one country every 10 years; but there's a slightly gamey way around that if you pause the game, then send out annex requests to up to five countries simultaneously.

Why cant I annex my vassal? our relationship is over 200, same religion, at peace, and I've had them for more than 10 years, but the demand annexation option is grayed out. When I scroll over the button, it just says "demand they become annexed by you" but does not tell me I'm missing any conditions :/

Why cant I annex my vassal? our relationship is over 200, same religion, at peace, and I've had them for more than 10 years, but the demand annexation option is grayed out. When I scroll over the button, it just says "demand they become annexed by you" but does not tell me I'm missing any conditions :/
Have you annexed another vassal in the last 10 years?

The only other condition I can think of is that you have to be at peace.

Hi,

I'm playing my very first game of EU3: DW as France, so far so good.....except for my prestige, which keeps going down, and I don't understand why

prestigeinthetoilet.png

calaisisminelol.jpg

what am I doing wrong?

you have 7 cores on provinces you dont own, each one gives -0.3, if you will get them or declare war on owner the penalty will go.

i loved the color of tirol, how can i change my favorite nations color to that?

you have 7 cores on provinces you dont own, each one gives -0.3, if you will get them or declare war on owner the penalty will go.
I see, thanks

thing is, I have cores on some regions that belong to my vassals, who I have royal ties with...our relations are now bad (-50 ish) because of my last attempt at a peaceful annexation, but declaring war to them would still provoke a huge stability drop

any advice on what I should do now? should I attack Burgundy while I improve my relations with my vassals until I can try to demand annexation again?