• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So what's the general strategy to inherit foreign titles ? Is it even possible ?
Say for example i manage to marry "my son" to a foreign daughter who will inherit titles, then they'll have children of their own. Once the wife dies, the titles should pass to my grandchildren who are the same dynasty as mine. Does anyone know if you will actually be able to control grandchildren ? Does inviting to court help ?

Belamoor, it depends. If the grandchild who inherits the foreign title ends up ultimately being your heir, then yes, you'll gain control of their lands when they become your character. It might be wise to make sure they inherit the foreign land before they inherit your lands, since otherwise the foreign crown authority might prevent them from receiving the titles.

If the grandchildren are not your heirs, then no, you won't have control of them. They'll be vassals of whoever their mother was a vassal of. You will, however, have an alliance with them, and their holdings will affect the prestige of your dynasty, which is immensely helpful in arranging good marriages.

How can I tell how someone died? My heir just keeled over dead at the age of 22, and I can't find out why. He had no ill type traits, and whilst I was in the middle of a battle when he died, it's not clear if that was the cause of it (Especially given that I won the battle)

How do I install an antipope?

Go to the religion tab. There's a button next to each bishop allowing you to create an Antipope if you have Free Investiture. Once you've appointed your Antipope, declare war on the Papal States to install him in Rome. Be aware that he'll take his bishopric with him when he takes over the Papal States.

How do I call an ally to war?

... sorry if this has already been answered. I'm just playing the Demo... it looks like a fascinating game.

How do I call an ally to war?

... sorry if this has already been answered. I'm just playing the Demo... it looks like a fascinating game.

IIRC when you can call an ally to war (you can't always call anyone - under the ally tab of your character you can see which you can and which you can't call to war) you get a notification after you are already in the war(one of the big ones on the top of the screen) - and even than they might refuse (it all depends how much they like you and how much they like the guy you are at war with)

Is there some law that lets you use females on your council, or is it permanently locked out?

The Bella Gerant Alii mod in the mod forum allows for female councilors, but you take a slight reputation hit. It is a balance mod, so it includes other changes too, but if you ask on the forum, I'm sure someone would explain how to mod just that in.

What do I have to do to create a Kingdom? Ive got 6 or 8 provinces in Ireland. How to I become King of Ireland?

Click on any province, under the shield for the province you'll see the Shield for Ireland. Click on that, and in the upper right of the Ireland box there will be a "Claim Title" button. The tooltip will explain what you need, but since it's 7/13 you want, 8 is plenty. You'll need 375g but the hard part for some rulers is 200 Piety (buy indulgences for +25 Piety a pop from His Holiness, under Intrigue-Decisions).

How can I tell how someone died? My heir just keeled over dead at the age of 22, and I can't find out why. He had no ill type traits, and whilst I was in the middle of a battle when he died, it's not clear if that was the cause of it (Especially given that I won the battle)

Only through the SECRET FILES! Which don't exist yet. Join me in pestering the Devs for this, I think it would greatly add to ganmeplay. OTOH what I'm talking about is historical information, not immediate, in-game, 21st Century Autopsy data, so in-game we'd still be wondering.

How Do I Change Where Save Games are Stored?

I recall a Dev saying I could change them back to the CK2 folder by creating a file containing ".", but I do not recall the file name or any other details.

I recall a Dev saying I could change them back to the CK2 folder by creating a file containing ".", but I do not recall the file name or any other details.

I vaguely remember a file called "userdir.txt" in the main folder.

Click on any province, under the shield for the province you'll see the Shield for Ireland. Click on that, and in the upper right of the Ireland box there will be a "Claim Title" button. The tooltip will explain what you need, but since it's 7/13 you want, 8 is plenty. You'll need 375g but the hard part for some rulers is 200 Piety (buy indulgences for +25 Piety a pop from His Holiness, under Intrigue-Decisions).

Thanks InnocentIII. Conveniently Ive just won a crusade and accomplished the life goal of becoming holy so im swimming in piety. The money will take a while though. Will becoming King do anything besides allowing me to take the rest of Ireland?

While looking abroad for someone capable of running my treasury, I ran across this huge bonus on the diplomacy screen:

"[The liege of the person I am negotiating with] is unable to press my claims +++"

What does this mean and why would it encourage them to come to my court? Keep in mind, I'm in Ireland and this courtier is in the HRE.

Hello, I've got a question. I'm playing as Poland and I can now create the Kingdom of Lithuania as a title. Is it worth doing? What will happen if I do create it? Will I rule both kingdoms and will my heir inherit it under gravelkind succession? I really have no idea how this stuff works :L

Thanks for help!

While looking abroad for someone capable of running my treasury, I ran across this huge bonus on the diplomacy screen:

"[The liege of the person I am negotiating with] is unable to press my claims +++"

What does this mean and why would it encourage them to come to my court? Keep in mind, I'm in Ireland and this courtier is in the HRE.

There's a person called Heinz. He has a claim on County Heinzland, which is held by Earl Heinzhate. Earl Heinzhate is the vassal of Duke Overbossian, as is Heinz.

Heinz's liege, Duke Overbossian, cannot press Hein'z claim because Earl Heinzhate is Duke Overbossian's vassal.