• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bordic, I hope you do not take this badly, I really appreciate the work you have done on Italy and I look forward to see your modifications about the Provençal intervention.
Don't worry. I have seen it myself that it's impossible to historically represent the HRE. Also because, iirc, the HRE name was adopted later...

Is it intended that there are two event files for Angouleme?
Events_Angoulême_ALE.txt from 09.02.2010 and
Events_Angouleme_ALE.txt from 22.09.2010
Both seem to have the same events and in
events.txt only
"Db\Events\Events_Angouleme_ALE.txt"
is linked.

Edit: Shouldn´t Venice start the 888 scenario still as a vassal of BYZ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Republic_of_Venice#Rise

It´s not possible either to define an election bonus for GER and have no default emperor - the game stops with an error then. So if we want an election bonus we need to define a default emperor or we have to not use both.

Why are all rivers named terra incognita?

Edit: Before 962 came I got a CTD :-(

Last edited:
Code:
event = {
	id = 10054
	random = no
	country = GER
	name = "The Imperial Election"
	desc = "The Pope has elected us Emperor."

date = { day = 1 month = february year = 962 }

action = {
	name = "OK"
	command = { type = elector which = MUS value = 1 }
	command = { type = trigger which = 10055 } #MUS
	command = { type = trigger which = 10057 } #HRE Province specific
	}
}

event = {
	id = 10055
	random = no
	country = MUS
	name = "Renovatio Imperii Pope Elector on"
	desc = "."

action = {
	name = "OK"
	command = { type = relation which = GER value = 400 }
	command = { type = relation which = BYZ value = -50 }
	}
}

event = {
	id = 10056
	random = no
	country = MUS
	name = "Renovatio Imperii Pope Elector off"
	desc = "."

date = { day = 10 month = february year = 962 }

action = {
	name = "OK"
	command = { type = elector which = MUS value = 0 }
	}
}

event = {
	id = 10057
	random = no
	province = 667 #Milan
	name = "The Allegiance to the Emperor"
	desc = "Our province should be part of the HRE"

action_a = {
		name = "This province is imperial fief"
		command = { type = hre which = 667 value = yes }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "We are masters of our land"
		trigger = {
			NOT = { 
				owned = { province = 667 data = GER } 
		}
		command = { type = trigger which = 10059 } #GER: event to give claim CB
	}
}

The last event seems to lack a } closing the trigger for action b. Tried to put them into the papal event file and the game did start with an error about the trigger.

without having HRE provinces in the map.

We can have Rome being a HRE province from 888 on without any problems.

The problem is that until 962 no emperor should be GER apart from a certain period with Arnulf of Carinthia. But if we use BYZ as default and with no elector, after 962 there should be a MUS event a couple of days before the death of each German Emperor. That event is useful to boost relations with GER and decrease relations with BYZ.

And it's not sure GER will always win, according to my tests.

EDIT: It seems that even adding 2018 as HRE province the result doesn't change.

Of course I have anticipated the startdate from 2 to 0 february in order to get these events working!

So if we start with BYZ and use GER as default emperor then after Leo VI dies GER Konrad and all GER monarchs after him will become the next emperor as long as no electors exist.
If we use BYZ as default all BYZ monarchs will be emperor as long as no electors exist.

But the commands to add provinces to the HRE work - it works even if the province is not owned by the state that has the event. I triggered your event manually at the start of the game and Milan became a HRE province while still being owned by ITA and not GER.

And the command to give states an electoral vote work. I modified your events to not give MUS an electoral vote but PAP and the religiious map displayed Rome as HRE province and PAP as elector.

So even if we could find no way to make Otto become emperor we still can add the historical provinces to the HRE in an event for 962 to have something displayed on the religious map.

Perhaps a stupid idea but could we make MUS the starting emperor with a monarch that dies in 962 and GER the "default emperor" so that they become emperor next?

The idea of MUS monarch should be tested. I have tested a MUS monarch around february 962 for the 962 scenario, but it doesn't work. However, seing post # 157 I don't think the HRE issue is still an issue for DOK mod. Actually FTG HRE mechanics don't fit with this time span.

@ Third Angel

I have fixed a couple of bugs in the PAP and MUS events in post #127

Have you read my post #139 ? Before dooing any modification I would like to see your comments about...apart from the HRE thing.

About #140 that's a sort of "dark" flavor event.

About #146 the MUS thing...

About #148 a bug with Guido as ITA monarch.

And more, why Ivrea (IRA) has Ventimiglia and Liguria. They shouldn't. They should only have Secusia (Ivrea) and Novara, imo.

That's also because I am doing some events for Louis of Provence with the help of Tuscany and Ivrea and PRO needs to be ITA neighbour... :p

Last edited:
Don't worry. I have seen it myself that it's impossible to historically represent the HRE. Also because, iirc, the HRE name was adopted later...
Glad that we came to the same conclusion. :)

I have fixed a couple of bugs in the PAP and MUS events in post #127
Ok, I will not transfer your modifications and additions to 0.49 until the last moment, that is sometimes between wednesday and thursday night, so you still have some time if you find some more bugs.

Have you read my post #139 ? Before dooing any modification I would like to see your comments about...apart from the HRE thing.
That was because of second Arnulf's descent in Italy with PAP_305002 firing from january 893. Do you think we could have the first event end in 896 too? In this shouldn't GER_205034 and GER_205019 sleep each other.
No, it is fine this way.

Yes, I haven't thought of this! With this "someof" we could have some mix of controlled provinces. How many of them then? Still 3?
Should the SPL controlled provinces be in the Southern part only, that is 522 Umbria, 528 Ravenna, 521 Pentapolis, or also some of the KoI in the Northwestern part?

I have also seen a bug there: Aque is in two conditions. The one in the someof is then to be cancelled.
I think you can leave it this way, just add that the same provinces can also be controlled by SPL in the someof, and then maybe the number could be raised to five. We will see how to finetune the someof number and the revoltrisk level to make it easy enough for an AI SPL, while still playable for a Human ITA. Hopefully we will get some feedback.

Also, yes the second condition for Aquae in the someof should be removed.

Yes, than a "ITA not exists" needs to be put in the command "type country which ITA" instead.
Yes.

Well, I didn't comment this event, sorry. It has nothing to do with bad coding. I have considered, for game purpose, do we need a human playing ITA being in a perpetual belligerence state with GER? If yes, I'll remove it.
Ok, I see why it is different from the SPL and FRL events. If a Human ITA has been vassalized in GER_205019 B then we do not want the GER AI to get the cores in GER_205020 B. Still, my concern is that if a ITA does not exist at this point, in the case it is run by AI and has been inherited in GER_205019 A, then GER_205020 B will not be displayed at all as I think that an ai = yes/no will be false if the country does not exist.

So, I think that a "ITA not exists" is enough again here, because if ITA exists after GER_205019 has fired, it has be Human.

One event for the struggle with the Spoletans and another for the struggle with Louis of Provence with a longer offset (902-922) to pease all RR provinces over.
Ok.

You didn't tell me about the choice: country RR or province specific RR. About country RR, it cannot be perennial but it could be negative (that is if the 60 months' 20 RR has past, another 60 or 48 months' -20 RR would be more than the neutralized effect we meant).
I think the way you did it is fine, it gives an impression of a global mess with some localized hotbeds, quite realistic I think.

About #140 that's a sort of "dark" favor event.
I will add it, though did you not consider some other effects when you first mentioned it? Were there really riots on this occasion?

About #146 the MUS thing...
Ok, I will try to implement this for 0.49. But why province 2018, was this something from the vanilla map, will it work with the Old World Map ???

About #148 a bug with Guido as ITA monarch.
Will fix.

And more, why Ivrea (IRA) has Ventimiglia and Liguria. They shouldn't. They should only have Secusia (Ivrea) and Novara, imo.

That's also because I am doing some events for Louis of Provence with the help of Tuscany and Ivrea and PRO needs to be ITA neighbour... :p
Because I read somewhere that in the early times of the March it included Liguria and Piedmont. It was later divided, but I cannot recall when, I will try to find it back.

Why do ITA and PRO need to be neighbours? If IRA is to be allied with PRO, it will grant them military access during the war. We can grant military access through event now too.

Last edited:
Ok, I will not transfer your modifications and additions to 0.49 until the last moment, that is sometimes between wednesday and thursday night, so you still have some time if you find some more bugs.
Ok, but i don't know if I can test it as much as wanted...
I will add it, though did you not consider some other effects when you first mentioned it? Were there really riots on this occasion?
You mean post #104. Yes, I have re-read it but I haven't used relational commands between PAP and SPL, so I think that we don't need to add any in this event.
There was a riot in which the Pope was imprisoned and then put to death. Maybe just one revolt instead of the coded two.
Ok, I will try to implement this for 0.49. But why province 2018, was this something from the vanilla map, will it work with the Old World Map ???
Yes and yes. Countries seem to need to know this province, which is MUS capital city in order to have the MUS events working.
Because I read somewhere that in the early times of the March it included Liguria and Piedmont. It was later divided, but I cannot recall when, I will try to find it back.

Why do ITA and PRO need to be neighbours? If IRA is to be allied with PRO, it will grant them military access during the war. We can also grant military access through event now too.
Is Piedmont considered as Ventimiglia? And you are right I have already provided a IRA event to give that MA to Provence. :happy:

I'll update past post from #124 to #127.

EDIT: Ok, did it! But there are some inconsistencies to be fixed. Such as move capital to Aquae even if ITA doesn't exist. I need to fix it too.

Last edited:
I would advise this as it's hard to keep track of all subjects in just one thread.
That would be great but I think I recall reading that no further subforums would be opened here, because of the general lack of activity. Also, I fear that after the short HRE fever, this thread will revert back to a much quieter pace.

Is it intended that there are two event files for Angouleme?
Events_Angoulême_ALE.txt from 09.02.2010 and
Events_Angouleme_ALE.txt from 22.09.2010
Both seem to have the same events and in
events.txt only
"Db\Events\Events_Angouleme_ALE.txt"
is linked.
Because it was reported to me that the French ^ caused an error message with non-French versions of Windows, so I renamed the file but patches do not allow to delete unwanted files. This will be fixed when I release 0.5 as a whole new download package.

Edit: Shouldn´t Venice start the 888 scenario still as a vassal of BYZ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Republic_of_Venice#Rise
At some point, I came to the conclusion that the bond was very formal and had no practical effect on Venice's inner politics or foreign policy. The same goes, in my opinion, for Gaeta, Naples, Amalfi and Sardinia. Also, no offense meant, but I do not usually rely on Wikipedia.

Why are all rivers named terra incognita?
Because all rivers are the same province #104, and for almost all countries I forgot to add it to the known provinces.

Edit: Before 962 came I got a CTD :-(
Do you remember if it came because of an event?

Well, in the meanwhile I have scripted the sequence about the Provencal intervention.

ITALY IN YEAR 900 - THE PROVENCAL INTERVENTION

NEW events for TOS and IRA
Code:
event = {
	id = 371000
	trigger = {
		exists = PRO
		exists = ITA
		ITA = {
			OR = {
				monarch = 064500 #ahistorical, in case he ahistorically kept the crown of Italy
				monarch = 064505 #historical, when succeding the Spoletan Kings
				monarch = 064563 #ahistorical, in case he reconquered Italy as Margrave of Friuli
			}
		}
		NOT = { 
			alliance = { country = ITA country = PRO } 
			war = { country = TOS country = PRO }
		}
		NOT = {	event = 226000 } #IRA: Berengar's ineptitude	
	}
	country = TOS

name = "Berengar's ineptitude"
	desc = "In 900, several Italian magnates including Adalberto of Tuscany, dissatisfied with the renewed rule of Berengar, called unto Louis, the young king of Lower Burgundy, to come and take the crown of Italy."

date = { day = 19 month = august year = 900 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 19 month = september year = 900 }

action = {
		name = "Send ambassadors to Viennes"
		command = { 
			trigger = { 
				vassal = { country = ITA country = TOS }
			}
			type = breakvassal which = ITA
		}
		command = { type = diplomats which = -1 }
		command = { type = relation which = PRO value = 100 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 322009 } #PRO: The Kingdom of the Lombards
		command = {
			trigger = { 
				NOT = { event = 322000 } #PRO: The Kingdom of the Lombards
			}
			type = trigger which = 322000  #PRO: The Kingdom of the Lombards
		}
	}
	action = {
		name = "Show allegiance to Berengar"
		command = { type = ADM which = -2 value = 12 }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 24 value = 10 }
		command = { type = relation which = ITA value = 50 }
	}
}
Code:
event = {
	id = 226000
	trigger = {
		exists = PRO
		exists = ITA
		ITA = {
			OR = {
				monarch = 064563 #ahistorical, in case he reconquered Italy as Margrave of Friuli
			}
		}
		NOT = { 
			war = { country = IRA country = PRO }
		}
	}
	country = IRA

name = "Berengar's ineptitude"
	desc = "In 900, several Italian magnates including the Margraves of Ivrea, dissatisfied with the renewed rule of Berengar, called unto Louis, the young king of Lower Burgundy, to come and take the crown of Italy."

date = { day = 19 month = august year = 900 }
	offset = 12
	deathdate = { day = 19 month = september year = 900 }

action = {
		name = "Send ambassadors to Viennes"
		command = { 
			trigger = { 
				vassal = { country = ITA country = IRA }
			}
		}
		command = { type = diplomats which = -1 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 322009 } #PRO: The Kingdom of the Lombards
		command = {
			trigger = { 
				NOT = { event = 322000 } #PRO: The Kingdom of the Lombards
			}
			type = trigger which = 322000  #PRO: The Kingdom of the Lombards
		}
	}
	action = {
		name = "Show allegiance to Berengar"
		command = { type = ADM which = -2 value = 12 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 24 value = 10 }
		command = { type = relation which = ITA value = 50 }
	}
}

a tweak in this PRO event:

Secusia, Liguria and Novara are IRA cores, IRA (Ivrea) should be PRO ally together with TOS:
Code:
event = {
	id = 322000 [COLOR=Yellow]#triggered by TOS_371000 A or IRA_226000 A (900)[/COLOR] 
	[COLOR=Red]trigger = {
		ITA = {
			OR = {
				monarch = 064500 #Berengario I del Friuli
				monarch = 064505 #Berengario I del Friuli, restored
			}
		}
		NOT = { alliance = { country = ITA country = PRO } }
	}[/COLOR] 
	random = no
	country = PRO

name = "The Kingdom of the Lombards"
	desc = "In 900, Italian magnates including the lords of Tuscany and Ivrea, dissatisfied with the renewed rule of Berengar, called unto the young king of Lower Burgundy to come and take the crown of Italy."

[COLOR=Red]date = { day = 0 month = september year = 900 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = september year = 900 }[/COLOR]

action = {
		name = "Seize the opportunity"
		[COLOR=Red]command = { type = relation which = TOS value = 100 }[/COLOR]
		command = { type = relation which = ITA value = -200 }
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 521 } #Pentapolis
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 522 } #Umbria
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 527 } #Parma
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 528 } #Ravenna
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 529 } #Ferrara
		[COLOR=Red]command = { type = addcore_claim which = 662 } #Secusia
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 663 } #Ventimiglia
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 664 } #Liguria[/COLOR]
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 665 } #Aquae
		[COLOR=Red]command = { type = addcore_claim which = 666 } #Novara[/COLOR]
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 667 } #Milan
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 668 } #Placentia
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 669 } #Brescia
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 670 } #Mantua
		command = { 
			trigger = { 
				ITA = { ai = yes }
			}
			type = war which = ITA
		}
		command = {
			trigger = {
				ITA = { ai = no }
			}
			type = trigger which = 228008 #ITA: Ludovico di Provenza
		}
	}
	action = {
		name = "This is too dangerous"
		command = { type = relation which = TOS value = -50 }
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = DIP which = -2 value = 12 }
		command = { type = MIL which = -2 value = 6 }[/COLOR]
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 322001 } #PRO: The taking of Pavia
	}
}

a NEW PRO event
Code:
event = {
	id = 322009 #incase PRO_323000 didn't fire because neither TOS nor IRA exist
	trigger = {
		ITA = {
			OR = {
			}
		}
		NOT = { 
			exists = TOS
			exists = ITA
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = PRO

desc = "In 900, Italian magnates including the lords of Tuscany and Ivrea, dissatisfied with the renewed rule of Berengar, called unto the young king of Lower Burgundy to come and take the crown of Italy."

date = { day = 20 month = september year = 900 }
	offset = 5
	deathdate = { day = 10 month = october year = 900 }

action = {
		command = { 
			trigger = { 
				ITA = { ai = yes }
			}
			type = war which = ITA
		}
		command = {
			trigger = {
				ITA = { ai = no }
			}
			type = trigger which = 228008 #ITA: Ludovico di Provenza
		}
	}
	action = {
		command = { type = relation which = TOS value = -50 }
		command = { type = DIP which = -2 value = 12 }
		command = { type = MIL which = -2 value = 6 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 322001 } #PRO: The taking of Pavia
	}
}

still tweaks:
Code:
event = {
	id = 228008 #triggered by [COLOR=Red]PRO_111500 A[/COLOR] [COLOR=Yellow]PRO_322000 A [/COLOR](900)
	random = no
	country = ITA

name = "Ludovico di Provenza"
	desc = "In 900, several Italian magnates including Adalberto of Tuscany and the Margraves of Ivrea, dissatisfied with the renewed rule of Berengar, called unto Louis, the young king of Lower Burgundy, to come and take the crown of Italy."

action = {
		name = "Fight him"
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = setflag which = [Provencal_Claim] }[/COLOR]
		command = { type = relation which = PRO value = -400 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = PRO value = 1 }
		command = { type = war which = PRO }
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { 
			trigger = { 
				NOT = { exists = TOS }
				owned = { province = 527 data = -1 } #Lucca 
			}
			type = independence which = TOS
		}
		command = { 
			trigger = { 
				NOT = { exists = IRA }
				owned = { province = 662 data = -1 } #secusia 
			}
			type = independence which = IRA
		}[/COLOR]
	}
	action = {
		name = "Welcome him"
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064506 } #Ludovico di Provenza
		command = {
			trigger = { 
				PRO = { ai = yes }
			}
			type = inherit which = PRO
		}
		command = {
			trigger = { 
				PRO = { ai = no }
			}
			type = vassal which = PRO
		}
		command = { type = add_countryculture which = burgundian }
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 195 } #Provence
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 196 } #Diois
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 197 } #Viennois
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 661 } #Embrunnais
		command = { type = independence which = FRL }
		command = { type = trigger which = 390001 } #FRL: Ludovico di Provenza
		command = { type = sleepevent which = [COLOR=Red]111501[/COLOR] [COLOR=Yellow]322001[/COLOR] } #PRO: The taking of Pavia
	}
}

NEW Events for TOS and IRA:

Code:
event = {
	id = 371001
	trigger = {
		ITA = { flag = [Provencal_Claim] }
		exists = ITA
		exists = PRO
		NOT = {  
			war = { country = TOS country = PRO }
		}
	}
	country = TOS

name = "The allegiance to the Provencal king"
	desc = "Invited by most of the Magnates, Louis crossed the Alps aiming at the crown of Italy."

date = { day = 0 month = september year = 900 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = september year = 900 }

action = {
		name = "Ludovico shall be our King"
		command = { type = giveaccess which = PRO }
		command = { 
			trigger = { 
				access = ITA
			}
			type = revokeaccess which = ITA 
		}
		command = { 
			trigger = { 
				vassal = { country = ITA country = TOS }
			}
		}
}
Code:
event = {
	id = 226001
	trigger = {
		ITA = { flag = [Provencal_Claim] }
		exists = ITA
		exists = PRO
		NOT = {  
			war = { country = IRA country = PRO }
		}
	}
	country = IRA

name = "The allegiance to the Provencal king"
	desc = "Invited by most of the Magnates, Louis crossed the Alps aiming at the crown of Italy."

date = { day = 0 month = september year = 900 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = september year = 900 }

action = {
		name = "Ludovico shall be our King"
		command = { type = giveaccess which = PRO }
		command = { 
			trigger = { 
				access = ITA
			}
			type = revokeaccess which = ITA 
		}
		command = { 
			trigger = { 
				vassal = { country = ITA country = IRA }
			}
		}
}

#################################################

a tweak in current PRO, ITA and FRL events:

Code:
event = {
	id = 322001
	trigger = {
		event = 322000 #The Kingdom of the Lombards
		control = { province = 665 data = -1 } #Aquae
	}
	random = no
	country = PRO

name = "The taking of Pavia"
	desc = "[COLOR=Yellow]Invited by most of the Magnates, Louis crossed the Alps aiming at the crown of Italy.[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Louis III of Provence was crowned king of Italy in Pavia on October 12 900.[/COLOR]"

date = { day = 11 month = october year = 900 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 10 month = july year = 905 }

action = {
		name = "We ousted the usurpator"
		[COLOR=Yellow]trigger = { 
			ITA = { ai = yes } 
		}[/COLOR]
		command = { type = inherit which = ITA }
	}
	[COLOR=Yellow]action = {
		trigger = { 
			ITA = { ai = no }
			NOT = {
				vassal = { country = ITA country = PRO }
			} 
		} 
		command = { type = vassal which = ITA }[/COLOR]
#		command = { type =  which =  value =  }
	}
}
Code:
event = {
	id = 322002
	trigger = {
		event = 322001 #PRO: The taking of Pavia
	}
	random = no
	country = PRO

desc = "[COLOR=Yellow]Louis III of Provence was crowned king of Italy in Pavia on October 12 900.[/COLOR]"

offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 20 month = july year = 905 }

action = {
		name = "We are King of Italy"
			NOT = { exists = ITA } 
		}[/COLOR]
		command = { type = flagname which = "" }
		command = { type = country which = ITA }
		command = { type = capital which = 665 } #Aquae
		command = { type = add_countryculture which = lombard }
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 521 } #Pentapolis
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 522 } #Umbria
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 527 } #Parma
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 528 } #Ravenna
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 529 } #Ferrara
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 662 } #Secusia
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 663 } #Ventimiglia
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 664 } #Liguria
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 665 } #Aquae
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 666 } #Novara
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 667 } #Milan
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 668 } #Placentia
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 669 } #Brescia
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 670 } #Mantua
		command = { type = trigger which = 228005 } #ITA: Ludovico di Provenza
	}
	[COLOR=Yellow]action = {
		trigger = { 
			ITA = { ai = no } 
		}
		command = { type = trigger which = 228005 } #ITA: Ludovico di Provenza

}[/COLOR]
}

Code:
event = {
	id = 228005 #triggered by [COLOR=Red]PRO_111502[/COLOR] [COLOR=Yellow]PRO_322002 [/COLOR](900-905)
	random = no
	country = ITA

desc = "[COLOR=Yellow]Louis III of Provence was crowned king of Italy in Pavia on October 12 900.[/COLOR]"

action = {
		name = "Ok"
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064506 } #Ludovico di Provenza
		command = { type = independence which = FRL }
		command = { type = independence which = PAP }
		command = { type = independence which = SPL }
		command = { type = independence which = TOS }
		command = { type = trigger which = 390001 } #FRL: Ludovico di Provenza
	}
}

Code:
event = {
	id = 390001 #triggered by ITA_228005 / ITA_228008 B (900-905)
	random = no
	country = FRL

desc = "[COLOR=Yellow]In 900, several Italian magnates including Adalberto of Tuscany and the Margraves of Ivrea, dissatisfied with the renewed rule of Berengar, called unto Louis, the young king of Lower Burgundy, to come and take the crown of Italy.[/COLOR]"

action = {
		name = "We'll have our revenge"
		command = { type = breakvassal which = ITA }
		command = { type = relation which = ITA value = -400 }
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 662 } #Secusia
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 664 } #Liguria
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 666 } #Novara
		command = { type = war which = ITA }
		command = { type = inf which = 676 value = 8000 } #Friuli
		command = { type = cav which = 676 value = 4000 } #Friuli
	}
}
Code:
event = {
	id = 390002
	trigger = {
		event = 390001 #Ludovico di Provenza
		control = { province = 665 data = -1 } #Aquae
	}
	random = no
	country = FRL

name = "The taking of Pavia"
	desc = "Berengar took Pavia again in July 902 and Louis III had to flee back to Vienne."

offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 25 month = march year = 924 }

action = {
			ITA = { ai = yes } 
		}[/COLOR]
		command = { type = inherit which = ITA }
	}
	[COLOR=Yellow]action = {
		trigger = { 
			ITA = { ai = no }
			NOT = {
				vassal = { country = ITA country = PRO }
			} 
		} 
		command = { type = vassal which = ITA }
	}[/COLOR]
}
Code:
event = {
	id = 390003
	trigger = {
		event = 390002 #PRO: The taking of Pavia
	}
	random = no
	country = FRL

desc = "[COLOR=Yellow]Berengar retook the Kingdom also trying to strengthen his position giving concessions and privileges to churches and monasteries[/COLOR]"

offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 5 month = april year = 924 }

action = {
				NOT = { exists = ITA } 
		}[/COLOR]
		command = { type = flagname which = "" }
		command = { type = country which = ITA }
		command = { type = capital which = 665 } #Aquae
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 521 } #Pentapolis
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 522 } #Umbria
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 527 } #Parma
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 528 } #Ravenna
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 529 } #Ferrara
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 662 } #Secusia
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 663 } #Ventimiglia
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 664 } #Liguria
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 665 } #Aquae
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 666 } #Novara
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 667 } #Milan
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 668 } #Placentia
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 669 } #Brescia
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 670 } #Mantua
		command = { type = trigger which = 228006 } #ITA: Berengario del Friuli
	}
	[COLOR=Yellow]action = {
		trigger = { 
			ITA = { ai = no } 
		}
		command = { type = trigger which = 228006 } #ITA: Berengario del Friuli	

}[/COLOR]
}

Code:
event = {
	id = 228006 #triggered by FRL_390003 (900-924)
	random = no
	country = ITA

name = "Berengario del Friuli"
	desc = "[COLOR=Yellow]Under his rule, Berengario had fortresses built against the still frequent Hungarian raids[/COLOR]"

action = {
		name = "Ok"
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064507 } #Berengario del Friuli
		command = { type = independence which = PRO }
		command = { type = independence which = PAP }
		command = { type = independence which = SPL }
		command = { type = independence which = TOS }
	}
}

##########################################################################

A NEW event for ITA as to avoid perennial RR given by event in the Feudal Anarchy sequence.

The trigger should be probably improved. As for now, there is this "atwar = no" that should mean Provence failed to conquer Italy...

I have added some benefits to Berengario's renewed rule in Italy.

Code:
event = {
	id = 228030 
	trigger = { 
	trigger = { 
		OR = {
			flag = [Feudal_Anarchy]
			flag = [Provencal_Claim]
		}
		OR = { #all of them are Berengario I
			monarch = 064507 #historical, restored after Louis' descent to Italy
		}
		atwar = no
	}
	random = no
	country = ITA

name = "The End of Feudal Anarchy"
	desc = "Earlier the Spoletan Kings, then the King of Germany, lately the King of Provence, it seemed that anyone would aim at the crown of Italy. However Berengario found himself as the only legitimated King of Italy. All his vassals paid him feudal hommage and even the Pope had to acknowledge him as Emperor. He restored order over Northern Italy by strengthening his position with concessions and privileges to churches and monasteries. Under his rule fortresses were built to defend the cities of the kingdom from frequent Hungarian raids."

date = { day = 5 month = august year = 905 }
	offset = 60
	deathdate = { day = 5 month = april year = 924 }

action = {
		name = "Good"
		command = { type = clrflag which = [Feudal_Anarchy] }
		command = { type = clrflag which = [Provencal_Claim] } #all flags removed
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 662 value = -30 } #Secusia
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 666 value = -30 } #Novara
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 665 value = -30 } #Aquae
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 667 value = -30 } #Milan
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 668 value = -30 } #Placentia
		command = { type = fortress which = 671 value = 2 } #Verona (Berengar's residence)
		command = { type = fortress which = 669 value = 2 } #Brescia (the church of Bergamo)
		command = { type = provincetax which = 527 value = 4 } #Parma (the church of Reggio)
		command = { type = provincetax which = 668 value = 5 } #Placentia (the monastery of Bobbio)
		command = { type = relation which = IRA value = 150 }
		command = { type = relation which = FRL value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = TOS value = 150 }
		command = { type = relation which = SPL value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 50 }
		command = { 
			trigger = { 
				vassal = { country = GER country = ITA }
				}
			}
			type = breakvassal which = GER 
		}
		command = { type = stability value = 6 }
		command = { type = relation which = GER value = 100 }
		command = { 
			trigger = { 
				FRL = { ai = no }
				NOT = {
					vassal = { country = FRL country = ITA }
				}
			}
			type = vassal which = FRL
		}
		command = { 
			trigger = { 
				FRL = { ai = yes } 
			}
			type = inherit which = FRL 
		}
		command = { 
			trigger = { 
				NOT = {
					vassal = { country = IRA country = ITA }
				}
			}
			type = vassal which = IRA 
		}
		command = { 
			trigger = { 
				NOT = {
					vassal = { country = TOS country = ITA }
				}
			}
			type = vassal which = TOS 
		}
	}
}

here a tweak in the trigger checking all possible monarchs:
Code:
event = {
	id = 153000
	trigger = {
		ITA = {
			[COLOR=Red]OR = {
				monarch = 064507 #Berengario I del Friuli, restored again
			}[/COLOR]
			[COLOR=Yellow]OR = { 	#all of them are Berengario I
			}[/COLOR]
		}
		NOT = { alliance = { country = ITA country = BUR } }
	}
	random = no
	country = BUR

desc = ""

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 922 }
	offset = 360
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 922 }

action = {
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 671 } #Verona
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 672 } #Trent
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 674 } #Padua
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 676 } #Friuli
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 677 } #Istria
		command = { 
			trigger = { 
				ITA = { ai = yes }
			}
			type = war which = ITA
		}
		command = {
			trigger = {
				ITA = { ai = no }
			}
			type = trigger which = 228009 #ITA: Rodolfo di Borgogna
		}
	}
	action = {
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 153003 } #BUR: The taking of Pavia
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 228017 } #ITA: The death of Berengario
	}
}

EDIT: amended as per post #195 and #199 and merged with post #174.

EDIT2: bugfix -> IRA instead of MUS in event 226000!

EDIT3: modified description in ITA_228030.

Last edited:
Ok, but i don't know if I can test it as much as wanted...
Do not worry, we have all the time to test it even after 0.49, right now SPL never takes Pavia so it cannot be worse with your modifications.

You mean post #104. Yes, I have re-read it but I haven't used relational commands between PAP and SPL, so I think that we don't need to add any in this event.
There was a riot in which the Pope was imprisoned and then put to death. Maybe just one revolt instead of the coded two.
Ok, and yes I think one revolt would be enough, the FTG rebels are tougher than the EU2 ones used to be.

Yes and yes. Countries seem to need to know this province, which is MUS capital city in order to have the MUS events working.
So 2018 has to be known by all countries? That sounds like a long tedious work to add it for all three scenarios plus the 1102 files I have already done. I am not sure it will be done for 0.49.

Is Piedmont considered as Ventimiglia? And you are right I have already provided a IRA event to give that MA to Provence. :happy:
No, Piedmont is Secusia I think. I do not know what Ventimiglia stands for, Western Liguria, Southern Piedmont, you tell me, you are the Italian guy. :p

I'll update past post from #124 to #127.

EDIT: Ok, did it! But there are some inconsistencies to be fixed. Such as move capital to Aquae even if ITA doesn't exist. I need to fix it too.
Good. The deadline for things to be included in 0.49 is before Wednesday evening.

I have not had time yet to look at the Provençal sequence as there are still a couple of things I would like to finish for 0.49.

Ok, and yes I think one revolt would be enough, the FTG rebels are tougher than the EU2 ones used to be.
Ok, updated post.

So 2018 has to be known by all countries? That sounds like a long tedious work to add it for all three scenarios plus the 1102 files I have already done. I am not sure it will be done for 0.49.
For the Christian ones, I seem to remember. You can check agceep scenario folders.

Good. The deadline for things to be included in 0.49 is before Wednesday evening.
Posts should be now updated. Probably there could be some coding errors due to that "yellow/red" copy and paste.

I have not had time yet to look at the Provençal sequence as there are still a couple of things I would like to finish for 0.49.
Ok.
I have given some descriptions to FRL_390003 and ITA_228006 as there weren't other to be used.

FRL: Berengar retook the Kingdom also trying to strengthen his position giving concessions and privileges to churches and monasteries.

ITA: Under his rule, Berengario had fortresses built against the still frequent Hungarian raids.

These descriptions could be used to add more commands, such as fortresses and I don't know how to simulate those concessions and monasteries. Less centralization? But it should already be at 0.

Those two descriptions could be added to the one in ITA_228030. A human player won't see FRL_390003 and ITA_228006 unless they save and reload with FRL once it appears.

EDIT: Please note that the MUS.inc file I am talking about is the RNGC.inc used for Reformation events in agceep and the province no. 2018 is the "dummy province" no. 1614 used by agceep.

I have just taken the last province of the file which isn't used by the game as it is for agceep.

Last edited:
The idea of MUS monarch should be tested. I have tested a MUS monarch around february 962 for the 962 scenario, but it doesn't work.

There would not only need to be 1 monarch who dies in 962 but another monarch that takes over because without the 2nd the first monarch will never die and the first would stay emperor.

However, seing post # 157 I don't think the HRE issue is still an issue for DOK mod. Actually FTG HRE mechanics don't fit with this time span.

Well even if we don´t simply say that they sytem was different but the result ( having an emperor and HRE displayed in the religious map, victory points manpower bonus and tribute for the emperor ) desirable I´m still curious why exactly the game does not want to do what we would like it to do ^^

Because it was reported to me that the French ^ caused an error message with non-French versions of Windows, so I renamed the file but patches do not allow to delete unwanted files. This will be fixed when I release 0.5 as a whole new download package.

Then I delete the one with the ^ to avoid myself getting confused.

At some point, I came to the conclusion that the bond was very formal and had no practical effect on Venice's inner politics or foreign policy. The same goes, in my opinion, for Gaeta, Naples, Amalfi and Sardinia. Also, no offense meant, but I do not usually rely on Wikipedia.

WIKI is nice to have as long as no better source is available.
Should the pope have claimcores on pippins gift in addition to Latium?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Karte_kirchenstaat.jpg

I noticed in several test games that always Napoli annexes Benevento.
Shouldn´t Capua conquer Benevent and not Napoli?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atenulf_I_of_Capua

Last edited:
About the first 40 years of Anarchy in the Kingdom of Italy (888-922) I seem to have covered most of the happened facts. There is still something to be done for Southern Italy and Arab Sicily though...

As for now, I have to fix a current event with the new Berengario monarch which I suggested at page 7. This event concerns the Burgundian intervention in Italy in 922-924. Later I'll see if the chain of events needs some improvement or that other countries can be involved.

Code:
event = {
	id = 153000
	trigger = {
		ITA = {
			[COLOR=Red]OR = {
				monarch = 064507 #Berengario I del Friuli, restored again
			}[/COLOR]
			[COLOR=Yellow]OR = { 	#all of them are Berengario I
			}[/COLOR]
		}
		NOT = { alliance = { country = ITA country = BUR } }
	}
	random = no
	country = BUR

desc = ""

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 922 }
	offset = 360
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 922 }

action = {
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 671 } #Verona
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 672 } #Trent
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 674 } #Padua
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 676 } #Friuli
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 677 } #Istria
		command = { 
			trigger = { 
				ITA = { ai = yes }
			}
			type = war which = ITA
		}
		command = {
			trigger = {
				ITA = { ai = no }
			}
			type = trigger which = 228009 #ITA: Rodolfo di Borgogna
		}
	}
	action = {
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 153003 } #BUR: The taking of Pavia
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 228017 } #ITA: The death of Berengario
	}
}

EDIT:
This event was added in post #169 for simplicity.

Last edited:
Suggested HRE for the start of the 962 scenario:

Code:
province = { id = 233 hre = yes }
province = { id = 234 hre = yes }
province = { id = 235 hre = yes }
province = { id = 236 hre = yes }
province = { id = 237 hre = yes }
province = { id = 518 hre = yes } #Rome
province = { id = 519 hre = yes }
province = { id = 520 hre = yes }
province = { id = 521 hre = yes }
province = { id = 522 hre = yes }
province = { id = 523 hre = yes }
province = { id = 524 hre = yes } 
province = { id = 525 hre = yes }
province = { id = 526 hre = yes }
province = { id = 527 hre = yes }
province = { id = 528 hre = yes }
province = { id = 529 hre = yes }
province = { id = 650 hre = yes } 
province = { id = 652 hre = yes }
province = { id = 653 hre = yes }
province = { id = 655 hre = yes }
province = { id = 662 hre = yes }
province = { id = 663 hre = yes }
province = { id = 665 hre = yes } 
province = { id = 666 hre = yes }
province = { id = 667 hre = yes } #Milan
province = { id = 668 hre = yes }
province = { id = 669 hre = yes }
province = { id = 670 hre = yes }
province = { id = 671 hre = yes }
province = { id = 672 hre = yes }
province = { id = 674 hre = yes }
province = { id = 676 hre = yes }
province = { id = 677 hre = yes }
province = { id = 678 hre = yes }
province = { id = 680 hre = yes } 
province = { id = 681 hre = yes }
province = { id = 682 hre = yes }
province = { id = 683 hre = yes }
province = { id = 684 hre = yes }
province = { id = 685 hre = yes }
province = { id = 686 hre = yes } 
province = { id = 687 hre = yes }
province = { id = 688 hre = yes }
province = { id = 690 hre = yes }
province = { id = 691 hre = yes }
province = { id = 695 hre = yes }
province = { id = 719 hre = yes } 
province = { id = 720 hre = yes }
province = { id = 721 hre = yes }
province = { id = 722 hre = yes }
province = { id = 728 hre = yes }
province = { id = 729 hre = yes }
province = { id = 730 hre = yes }
province = { id = 731 hre = yes }
province = { id = 732 hre = yes }
province = { id = 733 hre = yes }
province = { id = 734 hre = yes }
province = { id = 735 hre = yes } 
province = { id = 738 hre = yes }
province = { id = 739 hre = yes }
province = { id = 740 hre = yes }
province = { id = 741 hre = yes }
province = { id = 742 hre = yes }
province = { id = 743 hre = yes } 
province = { id = 744 hre = yes }
province = { id = 745 hre = yes }
province = { id = 746 hre = yes }
province = { id = 748 hre = yes }
province = { id = 749 hre = yes }
province = { id = 750 hre = yes } 
province = { id = 751 hre = yes }
province = { id = 752 hre = yes }
province = { id = 753 hre = yes }
province = { id = 754 hre = yes }
province = { id = 755 hre = yes } 
province = { id = 756 hre = yes }
province = { id = 757 hre = yes }
province = { id = 758 hre = yes }
province = { id = 759 hre = yes }
province = { id = 760 hre = yes }
province = { id = 762 hre = yes } 
province = { id = 763 hre = yes }
province = { id = 764 hre = yes }
province = { id = 765 hre = yes }
province = { id = 766 hre = yes }
province = { id = 767 hre = yes }
province = { id = 768 hre = yes } 
province = { id = 983 hre = yes }
province = { id = 692 hre = yes } #Bohemia
province = { id = 693 hre = yes } #
province = { id = 694 hre = yes } #
province = { id = 696 hre = yes } #
province = { id = 697 hre = yes } #
province = { id = 698 hre = yes } #
province = { id = 699 hre = yes } #

Burgundy not included as it´s no vassal of GER at the start of the 962 scenario and should join the HRE as the third kingdom after Germany and Italy only around 1033.

Vanilla FtG did put those entries into e.g. a 1700.inc file but they work if put in any of the .inc files of the 962 scenario. I tried and put them into the 962_Rome_PAP.inc file and it worked.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...the_Holy_Roman_Empire_in_the_10th_century.png

Last edited:
I just noticed that Moravia (after annexing Bohemia) quickly tries to colonize the unowned area that was the former german federal republic - and that it establishes colonies on the coast that are not connected to Moravia.

Normally one can only create new colonies if you border them or you have a port and the province borders the sea.

Germany after moving it´s capital to Mainz and becoming landlocked can do the same.

Did you change something in the settings to enable that?

Edit: Any idea why in all games a new center of trade opens in Marchfeld in southeast GER which never grows to more than 1 province?

Edit:
All monarchs who never should be even considered to become emperor should be prevented from that by the command, like in AGCEEP the "Anarchy" of Bohemia, e.g.:

from monarchs.ger:

Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 053009 }
	name = "Interregnum"
	startdate = {
		day = 23
		month = september
		year = 911
	}
	enddate = {
		day = 9
		month = november
		year = 911
	}
	DIP = 3
	ADM = 3
	MIL = 3
	dormant = no
        [color=yellow]emperor = no[/color]
}

Same for Germany: GER 053010, GER 053030, Francia: FRA 049500, FRA 049526, Lotharingia: LAT 075504

Is it intentional that the culture in spain is "andalusi" and not andalusian?

Last edited:

simly called the Roman Empire (that of Otto I not the old roman empire),
Holy Roman Empire starting 1157 with Barbarossa,
Holy Roman Empire of german nation as the official name from 1512 onward,
according to the medieval idea of Translatio Imperii were all the same empire.

Moravia quickly becomes a blob in most of the games I run on the fastest setting.

I suggest the following changes:

In the events in which Moravia gains Bohemia we should use the annex command instead of the inherit command. That means that Moravia gains 1 BB instead of 0,25 BB for each province and the military units of Bohemia will not be inherited by Moravia. This should slow the expansion of Moravia somewhat.

Code:
event = {
	id = 281002
	trigger = {
		event = 281001 #BOH: The death of Borivoj I
		control = { province = 696 data = -1 } #Bohemia
	}
	random = no
	country = MOR

name = "The conquest of Bohemia"
	desc = ""

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 889 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 893 }

action = {
		name = "Good"
		command = { type = [color=red]inherit[/color][color=yellow]annex[/color]which = BOH }
	}
}

After the death of Moravias king Sventopluk we should have an event around 895 in which Moravia gives independance to Bohemia as historically BOH ceded from Moravia and became vassals of Arnulf of Kärnten instead.

Something like this:
Code:
event = {
	id = 281003
	trigger = {
		  control = { province = 696 data = -1 } #Bohemia
	}
	random = no
	country = MOR

name = "The loss of Bohemia"
	desc = ""

date = { year = 894 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { year = 896 }

action = {
		name = "Let them go"
		command = { type = independence which = BOH }
		}
	action = {
		name = "NO"
		command = { type = revolt which = 696 } #Bohemia
                command = { type = badboy value = 1 }
		}
	}

Edit: In a testgame as Moravia I noticed that the armies I inherited from Bohemia had cannons. Should BOH be able to recruit artillery with land tech 0?

Last edited:
Cannons were still to be invented. They are probably intended as trebuchets, but they have to come later in the mod.

Cannons were still to be invented. They are probably intended as trebuchets, but they have to come later in the mod.

\For the Glory\Mods\DoK\Db\Technologies
Land.txt

Code:
technology = {
	id = 0
	average_years = 0 #888
	infantry_fire = 0
	cavalry_fire = 0
	artillery_fire = 1000
	infantry_shock = 50
	cavalry_shock = 400
	artillery_shock = 250
	land_attrition = 1.50
	land_morale = 1.50
	sprite_level = 0
	era = 0
	#Effects
	cavalry = yes
	artillery = yes
	fort1 = yes
}

In AGCEEP like in vanilla FtG "artillery = yes" comes with land tech 7 not 1 and the "fire" value of artillery is 0 in 1419:

Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

technology = {
	id = 0
	average_years = 0 #1419
	infantry_fire = 0
	cavalry_fire = 0
	artillery_fire = 0
	infantry_shock = 50
	cavalry_shock = 400
	artillery_shock = 440
	land_attrition = 1.50
	land_morale = 1.50
	sprite_level = 0
	era = 0
	#Effects
	cavalry = yes
	fort1 = yes
}

Or is "artillery" meant to represent something else and only the name not changed?