• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((As far as i know, there weren't that many armies during the 19th century that acctually had a repeater (or lever action if you will) as an official infantry rifle. Though i don't know about the US, with the wild west and all.))

((Right about now historically you would see single-shot Bolt-Actions becoming standard. The Ottoman Empire operated the Peabody-Martini Breech loader in combination with Winchesters from about this period to the 1880's so maybe something like that. Single Shot breech loaders supplemented by repeaters.))

As I have seen that no New Democrats shall rise to defend our beliefs, I will once again put my hat into the national election. The layout of each party's policies created by the Supreme Court ((BBB)) shall be the basic level for my administration, as well as what has already been made by myself.

((Curse you guys!! I really wanted to do some Libertarian and Republican bashing without the back-lash from being a President :p))

Common tactics of a New Democrat coward!

(Thanks BBB for the defines, provides some needed structure!)

((Holy crap you don't look at a freaking post for two days and before you know it the President has resigned and your party has practically disbanded, I'll run King if you want... I'd probably just follow your policies except I'd probably pull back from foreign contact for a bit my character is kinda diametrically opposed to the Foreign policy as described by BBB.))

The resurgence of Republican lies is a threat to our Union, New Democrats have delivered peace and above all prosperity and yet they are met by callousness as typied by my former New Democrat colleague who would bring our name into disrepute before cowardly changing parties. Those who call to arrest citizens for freedom of speech, and they hide behind the same fundamental truths to hurl insults and slander! For shame!
America believe you are part of the silent majority who want exactly what the New Democrats want: stable and fair economic growth, freedom to express oneself and join lawful movements so long as they do not infringe on the same rights as others, and a pragmatic peaceful United States abroad!

I stand by president Jamous in whatever action he chooses to take...
Edward Wilkinson,proud New Democrat and even prouder Governor of the fine State of Indiana

At this point in time, I feel the Elipious 1 meets the Army's needs for a service rifle for the infantry; however I feel technology is moving at such a pace that it may be obsolete within a decade, which makes it a questionable investment. What I would recommend is to purchase the Elipious-1 in such numbers as to arm only some of our front-line infantry units while weapons and ammunition of Civil War vintage be moved into a training role or sold off to other nations.

As a former gunsmith, I am working on a design in my spare time named the Mandrake rifle that utilizes a self-contained cartridge and a hand-operated bolt system that provides a simple to use, reliable, and accurate weapon system with a low enough cost and ease of use that will make it acceptable for general issue. However, this would have to manufactured either by the Elipious armory or government armories since I do not own an arms company. It should be ready for trials within the next year or two. Of course, I welcome other gunsmiths to improve upon designs so that the best weapons are provided to our soldiers.

And lastly, if I may comment on the current atmosphere in our nation: We have just fought a ruinous war that shattered this nation and her peoples unlike any other event in our history. This war was fought to reunify our country, and give it a new sense of purpose and reaffirm our faith in Democracy and the Union laid forth by the Founding Fathers. The principles that this nation holds so dear have been laid bare, and we have an opportunity now, that we may never have again, to stride forward on this idealistic path. However, in the forums of our politics, I see nothing but strife, discontent, threats, and hostility. Has the spirit of cooperation and reconciliation we hoped for died such a vain and early death that we can no longer join hands to do the work of rebuilding our nation and making it mighty? I ask that all parties reaffirm their faith in our system and work together, under the law, to seek the prosperity that our people DESERVE.

Yours in Service,
General Maximilian Mandrake
Commanding, United States Army

(Primaries havent started yet, I think.)

Jamous: "Me...very...stupid" heard it from the President himself. Guy cant even speak good! Would expect nothing less from a New Democrat!

(King: For the record, just joking around.)

(To be honest, I have no clue what party most of the members of this AAR are anymore. These primaries will be very interesting. I might just lay low until the primaries officially begin.)

((I saw your post this morning King (I'm on Vancouver time, two hours behind you) but was out all day and put off changing my birthdate and announcing my candidacy until I got back.))

I would like to announce my full fleged support for Mr. Callahan. He certainly has my vote and may I ask if you have a possible running mate in mind?

Thank you for your valued -if premature- support. I will probably go with the time tested formula of picking the runner up in this primary. Though I do have plans for a broad, multi-party cabinet.

((On the topic of Party philosophies, I like to think of it in terms of Liberty, Equality and Order(/Unity, for those who think that sounds too authoritarian).
The Republicans place Liberty highest, for they believe the equality and unity of a nation follows freedom.
The New Democrats place Unity highest, because men cannot be free or equal unless they live in a united and ordered society.
The Libertarians place Equality highest, believing that a society that is unequal is inherently unfree and divided.))

((BBB, your inbox is full))

Last edited:
Inbox cleared. Nice summary Komisha.

I'll be getting the primaries started as soon as I can.

Primary of 1868
Republican Candidates(s):

Benjamin Bachmann (b. 1825), Senator for New York ((zagoroth)). Bachmann promises to protect current social reforms, but not to enact new ones that would strain an ever more fragile budget. He supports the aid given to Germany.

Ignacio Vallejo (b. 1821), Secretary of State ((Gloa)). Vallejo, deeply disturbed with the direction being taken by the New Democrats under Jamous, runs for the Republican nomination seeking to rekindle the spirit of the Whig Party that liberated his state from Santa Anna. He seeks to do so with interventionist economic policies and a foreign policy that follows the Monroe Doctrine.

Sam Hensdale (b. 1822), Senator for Maryland ((Frymonmon)). Hensdale has become disgusted with the direction the New Democrats have taken under Jamous, and transferred to the Republican Party. His platform is based on an extremely abrasive denouncement of European entanglements and on complete withdrawal from a “powerless” South.

New Democrat Candidates(s):

Michael Jamous (b. 1818), Incumbent President of the Republic ((King50000)). Jamous runs on what is essentially the continuation of policies that have seen such rapid economic growth and unparalleled prosperity during his term.

Libertarian Candidate(s):

Christopher R. Bryan
(b. 1829), Founder of National Vinogradism ((Projekt919)). Bryan, now eligible to run for the first time since he created National Vinogradism, is running on a platform that advocates continuing support for Prussia, and a less extreme version of the stock reform called for in his writings.

Jonathan Nightmore
(b. 1812), Senator for Massachusetts ((yourworstnightm)). Nightmore is running on a platform of further reform and complete disentanglement from the affairs of Europe.

Eamon Callahan
(b. 1825), Railroad Union Chairman ((komisha)). Callahan has become slowly radicalized over the years, and is running with big promises. He believes in tighter control of economic “excesses” and hard action against monopolies and cartels. His rhetoric gives the reason for this as the “worker’s benefit”.

-----------------------

Exceptional Situation(s):

None really.
I’d like you guys to make some changes to the 2nd Bill of Rights before I put it to a vote though (essentially make it less modern and progressive. Imagine yourself in 1869. Would you guarantee safety from sex-based discrimination?)

Also, the GCDA passes 9/3/0.

At this point in time, I feel the Elipious 1 meets the Army's needs for a service rifle for the infantry; however I feel technology is moving at such a pace that it may be obsolete within a decade, which makes it a questionable investment. What I would recommend is to purchase the Elipious-1 in such numbers as to arm only some of our front-line infantry units while weapons and ammunition of Civil War vintage be moved into a training role or sold off to other nations.

As a former gunsmith, I am working on a design in my spare time named the Mandrake rifle that utilizes a self-contained cartridge and a hand-operated bolt system that provides a simple to use, reliable, and accurate weapon system with a low enough cost and ease of use that will make it acceptable for general issue. However, this would have to manufactured either by the Elipious armory or government armories since I do not own an arms company. It should be ready for trials within the next year or two. Of course, I welcome other gunsmiths to improve upon designs so that the best weapons are provided to our soldiers.

Yours in Service,
General Maximilian Mandrake
Commanding, United States Army

I would be happy with that. The Elipious repeater is basically a big improvement over the old Henery repeater.

Elipious arms would also be more than happy to put your new weapon into production. If you send your designs to Elipious when there done they will produce the weapon and give you a percentage of the profit.

I Vote forJamous of the New Democrats.

Thomas Howard
Senator of Massachusetts & CEO of Howard industries
Defender of Eqality and the freedom of choice.

From a campaign speech in Massachussets:

Fellow Americans! Fellow members of the Libertarian Party! Today we must stand united as a group. Wether we are Trade Unionists, National Vinogradists, Marxist Vinogradists or moderate Libertarians we must stay together. Nothing would make the enemies of prosperity happier than the dissolution of our party. We are the ones fighting for the rights of the workers, of the small holders, of the little man in his struggle for equality in a society dominated by big business and their agents in the White House. As president I would introduce minimum wage, I would limit working hours, and I would make sure the rich factory owners won't be able to send our boys to die on a foreign battlefield. Neither will I stand silent if they come with their guns to force trade unions to close due to "inconvenient opinions".

I would in my Cabinet include members from all subgroups of our party to really make a United Front government for the working man. For I am no Marxist Vinogradist, no National Vinogradist, no Trade Unionist, but I AM A LIBERTARIAN, and I would make sutre all the voices of our movement will have a say in government. Because we are all the same and no one is stronger than us if we stay united. For the Libertarian Party! For a fair and equal America!!!

Bryan for Libertarian.

((The Henry-Repeater was mostly bought individually by soldiers, i don't think it was ever an offical army weapon.))

As for the Elipious question ((how do you pronounce that BTW?)), I suggest that the majority of the ones we might be willing to buy be sent to the west, to help protect settlers from the native population, and other dangers. Also we could store some in case our nation would need to do a full mobilization of the population.

draft_lens11297861module106193811photo_1276637010abe_lincoln_flag.jpg

Republicans! Rally!
People of the United States of America, I come before you today to pledge a solemn vow for the United States. I, along with many of you out there, are tired of this constant war propaganda produced by the current Government and its specter of war produced by another party. I, for one, believe we should no longer keep war hanging our ourselves. All it does is keep people frightened. They would want you to think the South can Rise Again! This, is absurd. We have already reintegrated them into the Union and simply, they as American as New York or California. We need to stop spending all this money on this undeclared war!

A vote for Sam Hensdale in this primary will ensure that the Republican ideals we hold so dear are preserved. I support the government getting out of Business, we should only let business flourish in this nation - I will achieve this by lowering tariffs, allowing businesses to gain access to goods at a lower price, meaning a more productive industrial sector, and more jobs being employed, along with a higher minimum wage being passed by the Federal Government when the time becomes right, and businesses flourish.

On the International Scale, I am a firm believer that American Democracy is good for America. I would follow a policy of strengthening ties with American nation, such as Mexico and Brazil. But, unlike most of the other candidates, I feel that we as the Unite States should not get involved with Europe. I propose a complete stop on relations with European Nations, but keeping the United Kingdom in check by keeping ties with them open, simply only because British North America is to our North.

Finally, on the domestic scale, with my policy of withdrawal from the South, there is, of course, the one or two people who go against the crowd and still advocate for Secession. I will simply lay it down, under a Hensdale Administration, anyone who is fostering treason and speech to overthrow the Government will be arrested and given a fair trial. Anyone who is actively leading an armed rebellion against the Government will be arrested on sight and a trial given eventually.

(Oh my god, I got a vote. Its on!)
(Kind of upstaged me there, eh Senator Hensdale?)

Thank you Senator Brookes for your vote.

Vote Bachmann to continue the industrial growth of this nation, to focus on American affairs and American Liberty without entanglement from the Old World, to call upon the disaffected masses towards our shores, and to continue to bring the constitution to all corners of the United States (Westward expansion, reconstruction, etc...)

If I get into office I will do my utmost to protect American liberties. I will ensure the Constitution of our nation be the word of law and protection for all peoples under the Stars and Stripes. I will make sure minorities in the South can live by the rights of the Constitution. Liberty for all.

If I get into office I will let business be to expand on its own. Business knows business, and business without restraint will surge our economy forward.

If I get into office, expect America will be the domain of the United States. We will expand our wings across the New World through diplomatic means, opening up markets for goods, and protection of the American nations. Europe can handle Europe, we can handle ourselves.

Together, we can make a better America!

Vote Bachmann

Last edited: