• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Buildings are destroyed even if another nation simply controls it during a war, right?

As far as I know that is only true in the case of hordes as one building gets destroyed a month(or was it year?) i haven't been keeping up with betas but I'm fairly sure your buildings shouldnt get destroyed in a normal war against lets say france... well that is until france annexes you, then they're destroyed :p

What is the best way to conquer provinces you have cores on that are owned by horde vassals?

(I figured declaring war while at war with horde is option, are there others?)

Buildings are destroyed even if another nation simply controls it during a war, right?

Buildings are destroyed either by hordes, 3 months occupation per building, or upon capture by a country that doesn't have a core on the province.

Just occupying a country for a few years won't destroy any buildings, posibly a flaw in the 'realistic' interpretation of the the conquest mechanic.

question 1:
can you form more than one nations with one country? im playing Brandenburg, if I choose to form Prussia first, can I form Germany later?

question 2:
if you get a new ally, you automatically get an Alliance CB against the countries they are at war with. I just became a PU leader with Sweden, that means we became allies. they are at war with Norway, but I didnt get the Alliance CB. bug?

Is there any way of mitigating the 'Distance Overseas' tax modifier?
IIRC, Before In Nomine the Viceroy NI reduced the tax penalty for oversees provinces. Since then the tariff system is used for oversees provinces instead, in which most of the province's taxes are turned into tariffs, leaving only 10% of taxes to be rendered into tax income. This AFAIK cannot be changed.

question 1:
can you form more than one nations with one country? im playing Brandenburg, if I choose to form Prussia first, can I form Germany later?
Certainly possibe: I've done a Brandenburg -> Prussia -> Germany game once. As long as you fulfill the condition, you can form the nation.

IIRC, Before In Nomine the Viceroy NI reduced the tax penalty for oversees provinces. Since then the tariff system is used for oversees provinces instead, in which most of the province's taxes are turned into tariffs, leaving only 10% of taxes to be rendered into tax income. This AFAIK cannot be changed.

In which case, how exactly do tariffs work? I thought tariffs was just a replacement for production income?

Is Cyprus considered on the Asian continent, or European? I took Alexandria from the Mams, and it is distant overseas. Whichever landmass my island is a part of really doesn't matter (I need to build carracks either way) but it does make me curious.

question 2:
if you get a new ally, you automatically get an Alliance CB against the countries they are at war with. I just became a PU leader with Sweden, that means we became allies. they are at war with Norway, but I didnt get the Alliance CB. bug?

If you just became PU leader, you´re not ad hoc allied, but you can get allied with them just as easy/ "very likely" as with a vassal (vassals after peace negotiations are also not ad hoc allied with you.. ) And the other possible reason could simply be that the ally-CB will appear on the next 1st (of the next month.. )

yeah, it sorted itself out since then.
I waited for the new month, cause thats when you always get the CB, but nothing, so I saved and came here. turns out I got automatically involved in a war in the 3rd day of that month for some reason...
btw I WAS automatically allied with them, I guess because they were already at war, dunno.
thanks for the answer though.

I formed Hindustan. There's now only a few nations left with Hindu religion. I took Defender of the Faith for the nice military modifiers, but now I noticed a religious decision "Introduce Din'i Illahi" which would allow me to increasy my tech by 6%, but I can't be the Defender of the Hindu Faith for that :-(

Any idea on how I can get rid of the Defender, seeing how there's little chance anyone would take it from me?

You could lose a war on purpose, according to the tooltip losing a war is another way of getting rid of DotF.

Yup, declare war, pummel someone, concede defeat.

How do I lift an Excomunication on myself. England keeps excomunicating me. (I have an alliance with the Papal States)

Usually in my Europe games I have quite a few vassals whom I usually, over the course of a few years, all ask into my big friendly alliance. However sometimes suddenly all my alliances are broken, I've been meaning to check out why this happens the moment it happens, but I keep forgetting and then don't remember exactly what happened. My theory, though, is that it's probably tied to my ruler dying... is that correct? If not, what is going on? I don't get any notices of the vassals breaking my alliances.

How do I lift an Excomunication on myself. England keeps excomunicating me. (I have an alliance with the Papal States)

I'm not sure if you can lift it yourself if you become papal controller, but if a friend of yours (high relations, alliance etc.) become papal controller they may lift it from you. If you have 100+ relation or papal influence of 50+, you're unable to be excommunicated in the future.

Usually in my Europe games I have quite a few vassals whom I usually, over the course of a few years, all ask into my big friendly alliance. However sometimes suddenly all my alliances are broken, I've been meaning to check out why this happens the moment it happens, but I keep forgetting and then don't remember exactly what happened. My theory, though, is that it's probably tied to my ruler dying... is that correct? If not, what is going on? I don't get any notices of the vassals breaking my alliances.

I think I noticed this too in v3.2. When an allied vassal breaks his alliance with you there is no notification in some or all cases. If you're in Europe are you declaring war on countries in the HRE? If your allied vassals are also in the HRE your relationship will drop when you do this - eventually they will break with you (with no notification).