• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am creating am colonial empire with none other than Frankfurt. I had to wait 50 years for Morocco to take control of Provence. Then I sent my army of 2,000 men (I'm a OPM) to capture Provence from Morocco. I get a core on it from the Holy Roman Emperor since I took it from Muslims. Then I move my capital to Provence and create the Frankfurtian Overseas Empire.

Probably the most unique thing I've done in EU3 yet.

Awesome. Any chance of becoming emperor and parlaying your colonial power into european power?

Awesome. Any chance of becoming emperor and parlaying your colonial power into european power?
I could possibly try for fun. I have been an Administrative Republic all game, so I would have to change to a Monarchy first. I think I'll try that as soon as I've colonized all the decent areas.

EDIT: Crap. I just looked and I can't be HRE because I'm Reformed. Forgot about that.

Just convert or vassalize the electors? Unam sanctum if you want the direct approach, violated sphere CB can be sufficient excuse to go to war to convert though.

update of my Netherlands game.
EU3_1-3.jpg

ended up getting a little more than the Caribbean islands. Just got done with a huge war against Portugal, GB, Bohemia and several other smaller states. It was an epic global war taking place on 6 continents. I think it took 5 years before they offered white peace, I never had the upper hand in war capacity the entire war, less ships and less men overall, but my ships and men were much better than theirs (6 steps ahead in land tech + military reforms). GB previously owned Manhattan and I had the rest of the east coast, it looked so ugly there I had to take it along with several other colonial holdings, but they still have much, poor France every time they get something going, somebody pounces on them. I've hardly did any real colonizing though, mostly conquest with my 1.2 colonist per year filling in the empty provinces.

EU3_2-2.jpg

here I dropped off 14k troops and the rest is history. Thats Portugal and England there competing with me. The last war we had I made them release some Indian nations. It was really an epic global war.

EU3_3-1.jpg

All my allies are reformed, and I've been helping Sweden to retake its lands from England. Hesse, Navarra, and Switzerland are also my allies, and doing quite well. I think Navarra is like 3rd in income, but still only about 1/5 of mine. At one point it shot up to over 8k but with my infamy it is lower now. I'm burning it off at 1.5 a year though so its not a big deal. Also manufactories built in every province in Europe, almost have level 1 stuff in every single province now. I need more magistrates! Also admin republic to really cash in on my ridiculous trading efficiency.

Last edited:
Yea, churning out enough magistrates to actually develop a colonial empire is...daunting. Dutch USA go go, defeat your nefarious european overlords with their oppressive...administrative republic? hmmm :(

YFktq.jpg

Here's my Germany at the end of the game. Yes, Netherlands is also a player. Started as Bavaria and Brabant with an alliance where we would defend each other against major powers bullying us.

Players are GB, Burgundy, Portugal, Hindusthan, Norway, Castille, Austria, Manchu(Maybe,) Italy, looks like an Aragon that moved his capital to the new world, Bradenburg and what looks to be Hesse. I can't make out any other players from here. Maybe Holland.

Nah, the new world is Holland. Aragon formed Spain. Burgundy is going to be forming France soonish. Norway isn't a player. I like keeping people guessing, though.

Yea, churning out enough magistrates to actually develop a colonial empire is...daunting. Dutch USA go go, defeat your nefarious european overlords with their oppressive...administrative republic? hmmm :(

yea, now I'm just spamming universities everywhere, hoping that if I have more of them, I can get more of those events that give me a magristrate.

A sort of roman empire labelled 'netherlands' seem so wrong ...
seeing 'France' , 'Italy' or 'Byzantium' would look better! :D