• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Zenith, can I please get a screen of your sliders page? Thanks.

I just formed Germany as Brandenburg, finally! Really, HRE makes forming Germany really tough - I have never seen the AI doing it. I am the Emperor now, but I want to dismantle HRE as soon as possible. Also, check out the East. I guess I'm having a massive showdown against the Ottomans at some point. Hope I'll get that Greater Finland on my side. :)

That's got to me one of the more messed up europe's i've seen for a while. Trebezoid in crimea. Portugal in spain... with its capital occupied by france. England in spain. "lithuanian Asia"... scandinavia inplace of sweden?

Nice work! I've yet to have a successful Ethiopia game, I always get rather bored waiting for tech and avoiding the Mameluks. One day maybe.

That's got to me one of the more messed up europe's i've seen for a while. Trebezoid in crimea. Portugal in spain... with its capital occupied by france. England in spain. "lithuanian Asia"... scandinavia inplace of sweden?
Europe in this game just keeps getting messier. I have already posted in the strange screenshots thread how a Japanese daimyo seized a portion of Morocco and no one can get it back as no one can declare war on daimyos.

Also witness Russia collapsing and being followed by... Muslim Smolensk for some reason.

I have noticed Syria and Iraq appearing on a number of maps. How come these more recent states evolve so often in DW?

Because the Mameluks, who are a Tribal government, start out strong and owning Syria and generally expand into Iraq(owned by the Jayalarids(sp)) and then the stars aline and they get themselves into a particularly long or hard war, often with the Iberian powers, and their leader kicks it and a succession crisis that happens at every leads death in a tribal government adds to that bad situation and they fall and Syria and Iraq spring to life. Often the Jayalarids weren't totally consumed so they can't revolt, plus they're mongol and their provinces(unless they change them) are Iraqi Arab so arab patriots dont generally go back to them.

Why didn't this happen in real life? It's my understanding that the Ottomans were strong enough at the time to swoop in during the succession crisis and basically seize the whole kit and caboodle. The Ottomans generally don't play that role as they tend to under perform.

Because the Mameluks, who are a Tribal government, start out strong and owning Syria and generally expand into Iraq(owned by the Jayalarids(sp)) and then the stars aline and they get themselves into a particularly long or hard war, often with the Iberian powers, and their leader kicks it and a succession crisis that happens at every leads death in a tribal government adds to that bad situation and they fall and Syria and Iraq spring to life. Often the Jayalarids weren't totally consumed so they can't revolt, plus they're mongol and their provinces(unless they change them) are Iraqi Arab so arab patriots dont generally go back to them.

Why didn't this happen in real life? It's my understanding that the Ottomans were strong enough at the time to swoop in during the succession crisis and basically seize the whole kit and caboodle. The Ottomans generally don't play that role as they tend to under perform.

A friend of mine told me that the Ottomans just moved into the Mamluks land and killed their leader, then claimed all the land for themselves.

A friend of mine told me that the Ottomans just moved into the Mamluks land and killed their leader, then claimed all the land for themselves.

Indeed. You could say they precipitated said crisis. But what your friend said is correct, though they never ruled it directly, they kept the Mameluks inplace to rule for them as vassals. I guess the proper EUIII thing to do would to place them in a PU.

eu3mapgbr18207181.jpg
Here's my first playthrough of this game, at the end. Started as Scotland, became Great Britain. Not completely sure who I'll do next, but I'm thinking I'll try Byzantium. I'll also log into the Paradox Connect thing at the beginning rather than in 1819.

Took the earlier posted advice about byzantium.

eu311.png

As you can see, doing quite well. Russia and Spain have also formed, from Muscowy and Castille respectively. Have an alliance with russia and austria, and royal marriages with both. Bohemia is getting kicked around a bit. All I need to do now is modernize my military, and i should be able to sweep into Europe like a tide.

End of my Byz game.

EU3_MAP_BYZ_182112_1.jpg

Funnily enough I'm the HRE w/o even trying. I toyed w/ the idea of dismantling it like in my Scandinavian game but to be honest Austria alone was to much of a head ache let alone the remaining electors. But while I was still toying with the idea I vassalized two electors, Pskov(relocated in Ruthenia) and Mainz(still in Mainz). Alone those two weren't enough to get me elected but then Austria under Maria Theresa I had a little ole revolution and lost her head and Austria became a Revolutionary Republic vacating the HRE and then my two pocket electors some how got me elected! I laughed when that happened. If I ever do another Byz game I think I'll endeavor to get elected and go thru the Imperial restoration rather then but heads w/ the HRE for three centuries!

So i just played my first game in dw to the end. After becoming the richest most and most powerful in the world the game got kind of booring so i just decided to try and fix at leasts some parts of the map cause it looked horrible.
Second most powerful and richest is of course my vassal good old germany.

Then i decided to beat great brittain up and create Great wales,in the process i also created irland.

Then rev france formed and as they seemde reluctant to conquer anything i conquered some for them and sold them a few provinces :p.

Then i decided that bohemia was a big ugly blob and cut them in half creating and giving provinces to krakow over the cause of 3 wars.
Ukrain which is huge is actually a tribal federation that rebelled and then chewed up russia that got formed by ryazan. Ukrain somehow managed to hold of bohemia and other countries pretty well for over 200 years.

My own pretty little country of aachen is a constitutional republic and my trusted enforcer germany is a republican dictatorship :D.
I have also left the hre alone,but its pretty stripped of countries,and i have made a big scar of provinces that doesnt belong to the empire any more. All mine,all germanys,all krakows provinces are none imperial.

I have also forced Portugal,Burgundy and Brittany and Pommerania out of europe. Brittany now has its capital on the west coast of north america. Portugal has its captial in the middle of north america in the green blob,burgundy recides in south america and pommerania is in middle america :p. Pommerania and Portugal still retains a few provinces in europe though.

Think il start a game on low aggressivenes next time,i want less blobbing. Theres been a huge ammount of blobbing and countries breaking in this game.

fualtx.jpg

oaygpi.jpg

Last edited:
The Empire of Hispano Burgundy in 1643, Im a administrative monarchy, soon to be a constitutional monarchy.

Im beating everyone on land government and production tech and am joint 1st on trade, naval is quite a long way behind. I converted to protestant and I got a PU on Spain who I have just inherited, unfotunatley they were Catholic so I now have a small problem of around 75% of my lands being catholic, but luckily I have a positive tolerance on them. My next goal is to become HRE and annex the German states into my realm as well as secure the new world and generally annoy the english.

EU3_MAP_HBC_1643129_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_HBC_1643129_2.jpg

The messy borders are caused by my inheritance of Spain, before I only had west africa, france, the netherlands and the Italian territories.

End of my Byz game.

EU3_MAP_BYZ_182112_1.jpg

Funnily enough I'm the HRE w/o even trying. I toyed w/ the idea of dismantling it like in my Scandinavian game but to be honest Austria alone was to much of a head ache let alone the remaining electors. But while I was still toying with the idea I vassalized two electors, Pskov(relocated in Ruthenia) and Mainz(still in Mainz). Alone those two weren't enough to get me elected but then Austria under Maria Theresa I had a little ole revolution and lost her head and Austria became a Revolutionary Republic vacating the HRE and then my two pocket electors some how got me elected! I laughed when that happened. If I ever do another Byz game I think I'll endeavor to get elected and go thru the Imperial restoration rather then but heads w/ the HRE for three centuries!

Looks like the true revival of the Roman Empire, its just too... Purple. Needs some red. lol.

My first game with DAOv0.46

I began with Austria in 1399. I left from the HRE in 1399 and DoW Venice. Treviso was taken and Slazburg was annexed. Then I attacked the emperor; Bohemia, with my allies, Milan and Poland. Burgundy and Savoy were allies of Bohemia. We won and I gained Moravia and Sudety. After that Hungary suffered a lot of pain; it lost five good provinces to me. When Hungary war ended, Bohemia gave me border friction cb, so I attacked without well enough manpower. But I had allies; Poland and France. Bohemia had a lot of allies too;

oyunici121.jpg

This battle was hard. Poland, Switzerland and a lot of kingdom DoW me because of high infamy and the excommunication. One year passed like 5 year to me. After these hard times, I succed to make peace everyone.

oyunici122.jpg

Soon-to-be finished Hansa game, changed my mind about colonizing after my two colonies in Africa and decided to vassalize all of Europe in the 1580's. All my provinces except Paris and Poiutouuiuiouiu (which I can't get rid of :() are Hanoverian, protestant cores. Forcelimits at 450 something :p

As you can see Europe is a mess thanks to my boredom and the excitement in killing blobs like BBB Austria and Bohemia:)

I'm also using CanOmer's mod