• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Started England 1-1-1420. Am I supposed to be aiming for an event to end the HYW or just annexing France?
There's no event that just ends the war; the game doesn't work like that. England does get four missions related to attacking France, which gives bonuses if you fulfil certain critria... the 'Occupy Paris' one is naturally the best. Check your current mission; if it's not related to the 100YW, either fulfil it quickly and hope the next one is, or cancel it. Or just ignore missions and do it the hard way.

You can either whittle France down, annexing provinces until you can annex them all; or try to vassalise them; or try to claim their throne and get a Personal Union (which would technically be the historical war goal of England, rather than full annexation.)

You can either whittle France down, annexing provinces until you can annex them all; or try to vassalise them; or try to claim their throne and get a Personal Union (which would technically be the historical war goal of England, rather than full annexation.)

I have a mission now to "Vassalize France", but I've also managed to beat them hard enough they would now accept a Personal Union. If the latter is more historical, I'll go with that.

"There's no event that just ends the war; the game doesn't work like that."

Yeah, I keep thinking in EU2 terms. Thanks!

What determines the required warscore for force-vassalization?

*keeps running to countries that need over 100% warscore for vassalization...*

The cost of its provinces, so size and wealth.

To get the 'occupy paris' mission you need to be at war with france. Change your mission while at war. It gives you cores on the entire region of Gallia.

My first mission as Austria was to get the Milan capital and some other OPM. Was crazy, was fun, involved a couple wars but i got it done. However this shot my infamy way up (23 points!). I didn't have any unlawful territory so it would go down slowly. Thats fine.
However, i guess as a side effect of this high infamy I got excommunicated. My relations with the papal states was above 150. Heck I was even allied with them.

The popup said Hungry was in charge of the Pope, so I am guessing Political relations with the Papal States doesn't matter?
Also, is there a way to remove this excommunication from your leader besides waiting for him to die?

Last edited:
Marketplace in CoT's and high tax provinces?
Courthouse in high tax provinces ?
Shipyard in high production provinces ?

Since we now use magistrates to build them ... i would like to know which one helps more so i can prioritize ..

I'm playing England and my production income is better then my trade income ..

thanks
Grig

I asked this question in another thread but it was never answered, so I figured I'd try it here. I have been focusing on getting the "No Pirates in My Caribbean" achievement and I did everything possible as France to own every province in the "Caribbean" region by 1500, way before the 1600 deadline. My question is why it hasn't been unlocked and what do I have to do to make it happen?

My first mission as Austria was to get the Milan capital and some other OPM. Was crazy, was fun, involved a couple wars but i got it done. However this shot my infamy way up (23 points!). I didn't have any unlawful territory so it would go down slowly. Thats fine.
However, i guess as a side effect of this high infamy I got excommunicated. My relations with the papal states was above 150. Heck I was even allied with them.

The popup said Hungry was in charge of the Pope, so I am guessing Political relations with the Papal States doesn't matter?
Also, is there a way to remove this excommunication from your leader besides waiting for him to die?

How did Bohemia react to that? (assuming they run the HRE). I got steamrolled by them when I took that mission, then to make things worse my allies took the province my mission was about. I wish I never declared war, lol.

I asked this question in another thread but it was never answered, so I figured I'd try it here. I have been focusing on getting the "No Pirates in My Caribbean" achievement and I did everything possible as France to own every province in the "Caribbean" region by 1500, way before the 1600 deadline. My question is why it hasn't been unlocked and what do I have to do to make it happen?

Have a look at the region map mode, you are clearly missing one, Curaco is often hidden by the way the map works, i often think that sea zone is actually part of the penisula. Either that or you have managed to disable achievments on that save game, if so it will tell you on the load game screen.

Does changing the options (lucky nation, leaders, colonist etc..) have any impact on achievements? (ex. change 1 option and you wont earn achievements that game.

None of those options affect them. You can play on v easy with no inflation or spy costs and still get them.

I have two really simple questions (I just got the game). How do you move and command your army and navy and is it possible to play as Finland?

Left click select right click move, play the tutorials read the manuals, ask a lot more questions.

You can play finland by releasing it as Sweden.

No, it's not a bug. Countries in the Holy Roman Empire get automatic military access through other HRE countries when they're at war, without having to ask for it. This applies to to you as well, of course. You lose the access once you're at peace, though, which can sometimes lead to armies getting trapped. Be careful.

(You also get access through a country you've been at war with for five years after peace is made, though that might be a new feature in DW rather than being an HttT one.)

I have just had Hungaries army walk freely through my lands and they are not part of the HRE. If a non member is at war with a member (aquillia and bohemia here), does that non member get the right to walk through my lands like the member? Hungary hadn't just lost a battle either.