• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Behold the glorious Holy Roman Empire, ruled from Danzig by the Prussian House of Askanier! Many wars of religion and conquest were waged to control Europe. The Protestants were exiled to the New World and Catholicism reigns supreme. It is the richest, most powerful, and most advanced nation in the world and can certainly into space!
What nation did you start as?

Dvandyke and Arakhor, those are really cool maps. I like how the area around Russia looks in your's, Arakhor.
I aim to please. I even spent a not-inconsiderable amount of time editing the map to remove the first M of Ming because it was spoiling the look of the map. :)

Behold the glorious Holy Roman Empire, ruled from Danzig by the Prussian House of Askanier! Many wars of religion and conquest were waged to control Europe. The Protestants were exiled to the New World and Catholicism reigns supreme. It is the richest, most powerful, and most advanced nation in the world and can certainly into space!
I'm very impressed. That's an empire of which anyone can be proud. :D

The Polish and Aragonese games are very impressive as well!

Still have quite a ways to go on this game, so I hadn't planned on posting yet. But as a fellow Holy Roman Emperor of the Glorious House Askanier, who is also planning on getting into space as soon as our long term genetic modification team produces the rocket horses I asked for for my cavalry, I felt I should go ahead and share.

Hah, very nice. It seems as if the Askaniers can't be stopped. Hopefully you're empire turns out just as glorious.

What nation did you start as?

Bohemia. I culture shifted to Prussian so I'd get the cultural union bonus. I think I formed the HRE in ~1560.

This really 1580.
No lies.
0 infamy.
GEEZUS

Honestly, been at 0 infamy for most of the game -- haven't done much that gave me any. Probably 90% of my land gains have been either colonized horde lands, inheriting Lithuania (Inherited naturally rather then integrating -- I was working on becoming emperor at the time and the infamy from doing integrating would have killed me with the electors, then my king dies and hey, lookie there, got it anyways :)), and the imperial ban CB (0.4 bb per province and a core, very nice). Only big hit was 10 from a war against the Ottomans with the Holy War CB, worked off by that point.

EU3_MAP_FRA_161811_1.jpg

Decided to play France from the beginning for the silly achievements. Went colonial just this one time so I could get 'No Pirates in my Caribbean.' :rofl: I'll probably blow up India to knock that one out too. Rebel whack-a-mole er, I mean, WC can wait for another day.

1618 in this pic.

eu3_map_pru_1539.1.1_1pson.jpg

eu3_map_pru_1539.1.1_2qsk6.jpg

Started in 1408 as Teutonic Order. Didn't get Poland to ally me so I had to rely on merchants and minting to get some money. I annexed a bit of Brandenburg and Bohemia when they were busy in France. Took Pskov in the east.

At some point Lithunia had some pretty revolts and fell into Ukraine and Polotosk (or what ever it is called - they started out as a christian Tribal Federation :D).

When the Reformation kicked in i formed Prussia, claimed title of defender of faith. Easy conquests in eastern europe and the non reformed christians.

Well, at some point I took half of "Old-Lithuania'. Now I am at 20 BB and am getting some pretty revolts. It's the year 1540.

(Note how well Castille, Ottomans, France, Sweden and Austria are doing. England couldve went for GB but then some irish revolts happened. Sweden is waiting for some cores for Scandinavia)

eu33w.jpg

Jihad is starting to get some momentum thanks to those gold mines in Africa but honestly I don't think I'm going to make it. There's still 350 years left but just seeing that monstrous Ming and the amount of provinces I have yet to conquer and convert is just depressing. Then there's the constant rebellions ofcourse.

Still, it's the biggest non-colonized empire I've ever created so that's nice.

That's actually pretty good progress. While "Jihad" is a hell of a achievement, you might be able to get it if you get the Imperialism CB as soon as possible, and pull off some key PU's. Europe is really where you'll be facing the pain, since it's got a ton of OPM's and powerful blobs. Should make for a fun challenge though.

I don't have any screens but Ill tell you what I did:
1: I allied the Ottomans
2: When Castille declared war the Ottomans came to help
3: Ottomans took over Portugal
4: By luck Aragon declared war on Castille as well
5: Milan, Aragon, and Naples (I think) invaded Castille and split him in two.
6: I DID in fact Invade Provence, and Naples
7: I gave them back their provinces after I used the manpower to invade the now Split Castille
8: I annexed Portugal
9: I annex Castille and for Aragon to release Gallica
10: I invade Mainland Aragon and Gallica
11: I move on to the nearest Islands and then Invade Mexico
12: I have yet to Spain
13: ???
14: Profit!

I don't have any screens but Ill tell you what I did:
1: I allied the Ottomans
2: When Castille declared war the Ottomans came to help
3: Ottomans took over Portugal
4: By luck Aragon declared war on Castille as well
5: Milan, Aragon, and Naples (I think) invaded Castille and split him in two.
6: I DID in fact Invade Provence, and Naples
7: I gave them back their provinces after I used the manpower to invade the now Split Castille
8: I annexed Portugal
9: I annex Castille and for Aragon to release Gallica
10: I invade Mainland Aragon and Gallica
11: I move on to the nearest Islands and then Invade Mexico
12: I have yet to Spain
13: ???
14: Profit!

This is very similar to what i did.