• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Qymaen

Makassar Can Into Yurop
84 Badges
Jul 23, 2010
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities in Motion
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • For The Glory
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
If you could create a new Europa Unversalis game, what would it be called and what would it be: Grand Strategy, RTS, RPG MMO, etc.
Me: I would have the date go from the Roman Republic to the end of the Cold War.

Tbh, I'd like it to stay (roughly) the same, but with major overhauls to the rest of the world, and so on..

Going from roman times to the could war, is (IMO) far too much... I'd much rather have them focus on the rest of the world..

Whats all the fuss about EU 4 ? what could an EU 4 even include more ? the current game is pretty satisfying and divinde wind graphical changes will make this game alot better

If you could create a new Europa Unversalis game, what would it be called and what would it be: Grand Strategy, RTS, RPG MMO, etc.
Me: I would have the date go from the Roman Republic to the end of the Cold War.

EU4 - Grand Strategy - Renaissance
And you fail to answer your own questions and instead answer with the time line.

EUIV will come and it will most likely be the flagship title for the next generation P'dox engine. Which is a bit daunting and it will interesting to see how they can top EUIII. The new game will almost certainly have less features but we can hope that it will build on previous lessons (such as auto merchants or missionaries). I suspect that there's still plenty of life in the Clausewitz engine still though, as, with the exception of multicore, there's no real pressure to upgrade (akin to the step up to 3D)

Except that most of the rest of the world is not properly portrayed?
And its going to be in EUIV? The fact that P'dox have waited for the fourth expansion to address the ROTW should give some indication as to how important this is in the EU scheme of thing

You do realise you're taking it out of context right?
I made an reply to someone who said EU3 is nearly as good as it can get, which i disagree with. I hope they focus more on ROTW if they make a 4th title. I'll probably not buy it until it's gotten expansions and such, unless they do something new...

CKs character system is too focused on individual dynasties, etc. Rome's is just great, great fun. Plus disloyal generals or governors start civil wars. I've even had a disloyal character with high popularity jump into an ungoverned province on her own and start a civil war that way.

More provinces. Enough to make the whole HRE real sized. Enough to make Iberia, France, UK, Italy, Russia, North Africa, Turkey, Balkans, Scandinavia, etc. Its own world and try to unite the lands way before going for others.

This would make colonizing take longer and more expensive and also less majors annexing each other early on in the game.

Also make politics really deep and add a family tree and a government branch for democratic nations.

Perhaps complex army types and units unique to each nation, culture, region.

Way more of the world able to be colonized.

Counties, Duchies, Grand Duchies, Archduchies, Kingdoms, Empires, Bishoprics, Archbishoprics, Merchant Republics, Grand Merchant Republics, etc...

And be able to show your rulers several titles put together.

ex. King of X, Duke of Y, Count of Z..... and so on....

Maybe more deep into economy and maybe the use of resources for building things like armies, navies, and buildings... Also for trade.. Maybe this would make trade more realistic and more skilled gamed feature.

Who want to play some Europa Polandball ? :D

europecp.jpg