• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finished my Sukhothai game, quite pleased with the result.

1821, Normal difficulty and aggression, Sukhothai, vassals and naval influence highlighted:

Sukhothai1821.gif

As you can see Sukhothai dominates East Asia, controls a considerable part of the North American western coastline, as well as the Pacific islands, Turks & Caicos islands and a modest portion of Italy.

I really like how Cornwall ended up in South Africa.

Last edited:
I've finally finished a game to test the dynamic colonial system in the mod I'm using, and I'm quite pleased with the results. Portugal, 1821. I'll be breaking this down by region to make it simpler.

2d8kqyw.jpg

Europe:
-The blobs of Bohemia, Burgundy-France, and Austria were incredibly quiet once they'd eaten all the minor powers. There was barely any movement in Europe in last few decades.
-I've had Spain in a PU for the past two hundred years without inheriting. Very annoying.
-Wales used to be really powerful, grabbing territory in random places like Arabia and Georgia, but the loss of most of their colonies really hurt them and they focused on peaceful expansion after that.

Africa:
-Morocco has been exiled to the African interior, west of the massive Yemen.
-The Orange in the south is in fact Orange, the only African colonial revolter.
-Not much else to say here, except to mention my mass-settling in North Africa. Once SA was completely colonised I took a break and spent my colonists messing around with that decision. Portuguese North Africa taken quite literally.

mjpf76.jpg

Asia:
-Baluchistan has been one of the strongest powers in this game, controlling basically all of India that wasn't in my sphere.
-The Golden Horde managed to survive by carving an empire towards India even as Russia advanced from the west.
-Japan was doing well in the East Indies, until I showed up there.

North America:
-The USA, Quebec, Texas, Mexico, Jamaica, and Antilles have all appeared thanks to the colonial system.
-USA has been very expansionist, finishing off most of the remaining natives and invading both its Texan and Quebecois neighbours repeatedly. It also allied with France in an amusing RL parallel.
-Mexico stretches all the way to Alaska, another effect of having dynamic colonial revolts.
-Mexican revolts almost overwhelmed my forces in Portuguese Mexico, but I guess the fact I won out shows a player still has a huge advantage in holding onto colonies in this system.

South America:
-Not much happened here after colonisation finished. As I was stable there weren't many colonial revolts, and since the rebellious colonies were all far in the north there was little chance for the rebellions to spread by event.

I didn't create it myself, but I think I have an idea of how it works based on reading the events.

-At a certain point in the 18th Century, the colonial events begin to trigger.
-The Americas start to switch culture from European to colonial cultures and add cores for new nations, all dependent on factors such as the culture or religion that colonised it.
For example:
Code:
# Mazula spreads fast
country_event = {

id = 22171
#	major = yes

title = "EVTNAME22170"
	desc = "EVTDESC22000"

trigger = {
		has_global_flag = colonial_seperatism
		869 = { NOT = { any_core = { is_colonial = yes } } }
		871 = { NOT = { any_core = { is_colonial = yes } } }
		NOT = {
			culture_group = central_american
			culture_group = south_american
			culture_group = carribean
			culture_group = north_american
		}
		is_colonial = no
		religion_group = muslim
		OR = {
			owns = 868	# Chumash
			owns = 869	# Salinan
			owns = 870	# Yorkuts
			owns = 871	# Pomo
			owns = 872	# Kalapuya
			owns = 873	# Chinook
			owns = 874	# Salish
			owns = 972	# Nootka
		}
		OR = {
			868 = { any_neighbor_province = { is_core = MZU } }
			870 = { any_neighbor_province = { is_core = MZU } }
			874 = { any_neighbor_province = { is_core = MZU } }
			972 = { any_neighbor_province = { is_core = MZU } }
		}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 100

modifier = {
			factor = 0.5
			year = 1780
		}
	}

immediate = {
		868 = { culture = mazulan }
		869 = { culture = mazulan }
		870 = { culture = mazulan }
		871 = { culture = mazulan }
		872 = { culture = mazulan }
		873 = { culture = mazulan }
		874 = { culture = mazulan }
		972 = { culture = mazulan }
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA22000"
		MZU = {
			add_core = 868
			add_core = 869
			add_core = 870
			add_core = 871
			add_core = 872
			add_core = 873
			add_core = 874
			add_core = 972
		}
		colonists = -1
	}
}
-Revolts begin, helped by events escalting colonial tensions.
-Once a colonial nation breaks away, it causes a domino effect in neighbouring regions that cause more revolts that are typically too much for the AI to handle. More nations start breaking away, causing more revolts.
-If the chain reaction of revolts can be stopped (as I did in Mexico in this game) then you've got a chance to hold on to your territory, but it could start all over again.

My Japanese Empire, 1485. I had some slight trouble getting into China, but invading Korea turned out to be the least costly and most effective way.
2vdp92c.jpg

2ailh7r.jpg

Europe
- Ferrara has replaced Naples as the prime Italian power.
- France collapsed sometime before 1475.
- Morocco has settled down in Wales, and they seem to be enjoying themselves.

Asia
- Ming has collapsed twice now, gotten vassalized by Wu, and broke free.
- The Mongol Khanate broke free of the Ming rule, but later decided to ally themselves to them.
- In one of my very first invasions of China, I vassalized Oirat Horde. Though they don't provide much backup, they seem perfect for drawing away the bulk of Ming/Wu's forces.
- Korea has moved to Okinawa after I ordered their release in a peace deal.
- Taiwan was colonized by the Ottomans(I forgot to clear my cache, I believe)

So far it's looking bright. Before taking on Ming and Wu, I'll annex the Mongol Khanate and the Oirat Horde.

I've finally finished a game to test the dynamic colonial system in the mod I'm using, and I'm quite pleased with the results. Portugal, 1821. I'll be breaking this down by region to make it simpler.

2d8kqyw.jpg

Europe:
-The blobs of Bohemia, Burgundy-France, and Austria were incredibly quiet once they'd eaten all the minor powers. There was barely any movement in Europe in last few decades.
-I've had Spain in a PU for the past two hundred years without inheriting. Very annoying.
-Wales used to be really powerful, grabbing territory in random places like Arabia and Georgia, but the loss of most of their colonies really hurt them and they focused on peaceful expansion after that.

Africa:
-Morocco has been exiled to the African interior, west of the massive Yemen.
-The Orange in the south is in fact Orange, the only African colonial revolter.
-Not much else to say here, except to mention my mass-settling in North Africa. Once SA was completely colonised I took a break and spent my colonists messing around with that decision. Portuguese North Africa taken quite literally.

mjpf76.jpg

Asia:
-Baluchistan has been one of the strongest powers in this game, controlling basically all of India that wasn't in my sphere.
-The Golden Horde managed to survive by carving an empire towards India even as Russia advanced from the west.
-Japan was doing well in the East Indies, until I showed up there.

North America:
-The USA, Quebec, Texas, Mexico, Jamaica, and Antilles have all appeared thanks to the colonial system.
-USA has been very expansionist, finishing off most of the remaining natives and invading both its Texan and Quebecois neighbours repeatedly. It also allied with France in an amusing RL parallel.
-Mexico stretches all the way to Alaska, another effect of having dynamic colonial revolts.
-Mexican revolts almost overwhelmed my forces in Portuguese Mexico, but I guess the fact I won out shows a player still has a huge advantage in holding onto colonies in this system.

South America:
-Not much happened here after colonisation finished. As I was stable there weren't many colonial revolts, and since the rebellious colonies were all far in the north there was little chance for the rebellions to spread by event.

Oh. My. God. Bohemia!!!!!

My Austrian Empire:

1419: The Papal states declared war on Urbino, a nation I swore to protect. the war ended with me annexing Romagna and vassalizing the Papal state. Sometime in the 1400s, I was elected Holy Roman Emperor. Each of my succeeding kings were also elected Holy Roman Emperor. One of the things I have learned thus far from 4 attempt at playing Austria, is that it is absolutely essential to become the HRE emperor if you are part of the HRE (especially early on in the game). You get huge force limit and tax bonuses that will help immensely.
Aus141941_1.jpg

1456: After the vassalization of the papal state, I was pulled into two more wars. This time it was against Naples and Sicily. I vassalized both, with plans to annex them at a later date. In addition, I managed to annex various portions of Northern Italy through defensive and offensive wars. Burgundy to the east, which toppled France, and Bohemia to the west, were two emerging rivals which I had planned to invade and dismantle at later dates.
Aus1456.jpg

1512: This was the end result of toppling both the emerging Burgundy and Bohemian empires. I had annexed various portions of their empire (the Bohemian King inherited the throne of Switzerland, which I chose to annex), and forced them to release previous nations which were part of the Holy Roman Empire. Burgundy was never to expand again. I also invaded Hungary and annexed land in a border dispute. Later, I would subjugate Hungary with plans of eventual annexation. In the aftermath of east and west invasions, the Ottoman empire invaded northern lands to the east. This was a cause for concern and I too, would eventually plan to split up the Ottoman empire.
Aus1512b.jpg

1566: This was after the invasion of the Ottoman empire. As you can see, the Austrian Borders were extended to include northern Mediterranean provinces that were once part of the Greek empire. Ironically, Bohemia emerged again as it took advantage of the weakened Ottoman provinces. However, their new power was insignificant. England was seen as the new rival, as it began to colonize northern Africa the new world at an exponential rate. Initially, I had planed for a western invasion into English held territories, however I quickly forgot about English expansion and focused on the Islamic nations with declarations of "holy" war. Expansion into the European provinces was painful and slow. I had the ambition to expand quickly and easily, and the southern Mediterranean and middle eastern provinces were easy targets.

Aus1566.jpg

1613 (current date): This was after several holy wars. By this time, I managed to dominate most of the Mediterranean. I had continued attacking the Ottomans, who made several attempts to revive their once great empire. However, because I refused to focus on English provinces in the West, the bloody wankers continued to expand as the second greatest empire, secondary to the Austrian Empire of course. I will continue to ignore this expansion and offset it with further expansion of my own. I have already accumulated enough resources to field around 400,000 soldiers and 60 ships. My next plan, after accumulating enough wealth and resources to field a million man army, will be to take on the entire world.
Aus1613.jpg

Last edited:
Italy (unified by Naples) 1642
Protestant Administrative Monarchy

eu3mapita1642.jpg

Nice Serbia, interesting Delhi (it's them in Anatolia!), good Iraq, usual annoying France (I'm playing 4.0c).

eu3mapita1642a.jpg

My Wallachia in 1433, not an Empire, but pretty big...
EU3_MAP_WAL_1433822_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_WAL_1433822_2.jpg

I have Austria, Bohemia, The Papal State (lol), and Croatia under vassalage.

The Pskovian Republic as of 1525.

-Low aggressiveness
-Very hard difficulty

This is my first game with no reloads at all, and it has really shown me how hard I fail in this game. I've made some extremely bad decisions, which have led my goals changing numerous times.
The worst of all is that Poland has spanked me so hard during the course of the game. In the beginning the 16th centyry, however, the combined offensive of Bohemian, Austrian and Pskovian armies led to a partition of Poland in tree pieces.
With Poland taken care of, I can finally focus on absorting the other Russian principalities and forming Russia.

EU3_MAP_PSK_15251114_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_PSK_15251114_2.jpg

little update :)
i finally reached tech production 9 in 1474 which means ... workshops-> massive force limits !
i felt strong enough to dow the ottomans :D (100k army against my 150k but inferior tech)

eu3mapgol14921021.png

eu3mapgol14921022.png

notes :
-Castille annexed Portugal , so colonization isn't quick
-Savoy revolted and annexed France
-mega Morocco rules northern africa , but they haven't that much military might
-with all that coasts i've only 2 ships limit :/
-I can reform the government but i don't want to do that :D
-4 slider moves from westernizing , but stab cost is insanely high with such a mighty khanate :D , i think i'll grab church attendance duty (an heresy?) as 3rd idea before
-with my newly recruited 50k troops , the couple Austria+Bohemia will pay ... they will give back my rightful claimed land!
-Denmark survived! and they even expanded in northern germany ^^
-Muscowy is once again the Khan's vassal! but i think i'll annex them soon :D