• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
SOMEONE WHO CAN MOD . . . HEEEELP MEEEEE!!!:eek:

I was adding Vax's Deseret ministers, leaders and techteams that he PM'd me when I got to the last part of that equation.

WHAT NUMBER DO I REPRESENT DESERET (U01) WITH????:confused:

Please help!:(

sounds good. yeah i wasted like 60 bucks or something close to it on empire total war awhile back, but neve got it to work on my computer. so now im stuck with a useless game.

did the british landlock a province of china in theri peace deal then? because hong kong is expanded, china is totally surrounded, and owns a province in the middle of pink. plus korea is british not japanese or chinese. maybe an event giving it to japan as an ally strenthening another? it would make sense that with such a great empire, a small cessation like that, maybe some pcific islands as well, would be a small price to pay for keeping an ally happy.

SOMEONE WHO CAN MOD . . . HEEEELP MEEEEE!!!:eek:

I was adding Vax's Deseret ministers, leaders and techteams that he PM'd me when I got to the last part of that equation.

WHAT NUMBER DO I REPRESENT DESERET (U01) WITH????:confused:

Please help!:(

You mean IDs? For my added nations I use 100yyxx, where yy is the tag (Uyy), and xx the ID per se.

Alright readers - I've had one hell of a morning.:(

Sorry Vax - your ministers/leaders broke my save game:eek: dunno why.:(

The good new is that I got it working again:), and Deseret got all your techteams and some IC out of this whole mess. The bad news is that it still has no leaders or ministers. I have no idea what happened, but I'm not pushing my luck at this stage.:rolleyes:

Anyway - second update soon. Head on over to Yes we have no bananas in the meantime for some laughs. Or if you haven't yet, check out The League of Mutual Co-Prosperity for awesome gameplay action (And a story element that withered and died somewhere along the line:D)

Sorry Vax - your ministers/leaders broke my save game:eek: dunno why.:(

The good new is that I got it working again:), and Deseret got all your techteams and some IC out of this whole mess. The bad news is that it still has no leaders or ministers. I have no idea what happened, but I'm not pushing my luck at this stage.:rolleyes:

Let me push my luck:) please send it to me and I'll try to do something:)

Let me push my luck:) please send it to me and I'll try to do something:)

OK. There are five files to send . . . two for the save, the revolt.txt, the worldnames.csv and the text document where I put all the coding I wrote up for your ministers/leaders and such just in case I figured this out.

What do I do to send them? Megaupload? Email?:confused:

And you'll get ambushed by about a bazilllion "Id already used" messages as soon as you boot up the save. Just keep pressing ignore until they stop coming. It helps to just hold down the enter key. That's what I do and the damn thing does work without a hitch:D

OK. There are five files to send . . . two for the save, the revolt.txt, the worldnames.csv and the text document where I put all the coding I wrote up for your ministers/leaders and such just in case I figured this out.

And you'll get ambushed by about a bazilllion "Id already used" messages as soon as you boot up the save. Just keep pressing ignore until they stop coming. It helps to just hold down the enter key. That's what I do and the damn thing does work without a hitch:D

Just pack them in a RAR archive and send them to my e-mail:) I'll PM it to you.

I can throw them on my server...

For Lighthearter:

It seems to happen because startdate is only 1940 and the game starts in 1936?

Last edited:
Well, now it works but gives a hell of errors of db mismatch. It (I mean save-editing) seems somehow to screw up the whole system of ID-giving.

And the ministers are in, I hope the leaders are too.
Techteams are in, but totally screwed up - there're some "ghostly" teams with NO name, NO skills but with all the specs the real teams have, i.e. teams are doubled, and the dublicates are unnamed and unskilled.

Shall I send my version to you?

Well, now it works but gives a hell of errors of db mismatch. It (I mean save-editing) seems somehow to screw up the whole system of ID-giving.

And the ministers are in, I hope the leaders are too.
Techteams are in, but totally screwed up - there're some "ghostly" teams with NO name, NO skills but with all the specs the real teams have, i.e. teams are doubled, and the dublicates are unnamed and unskilled.

Shall I send my version to you?

I know that about the techteams - I just don't worry with them.

I would appreciate that version - but I just played a few months ahead and have an epic update in the wings. Sorry:(

But if you figured out a way I can put your stuff in, I can take care of that on this end:)

I know that about the techteams - I just don't worry with them.

I would appreciate that version - but I just played a few months ahead and have an epic update in the wings. Sorry:(

But if you figured out a way I can put your stuff in, I can take care of that on this end:)

I'll send it anyway so it's up to you what to do with it:)

Personally - if I were you - I'd do all this stuff in minister/leader/techteams .csv files, and before releasing as a puppet. But in this case, when you weren't able to release it in-game, you're fully right;)

Deseret will be swallowed by the Federals anyway:rofl:

Washington D.C. - slightly after midnight, March 25th, 1936

President Roosevelt rolled his wheelchair swiftly down the hallways of the White House. On every side, there were people yelling. For his attention, for the officers they worked for - for anyone, actually.

Uproar. And sheer madness. Was this how a pen full of chickens felt after the farmer came in with his hatchet?

Suddenly the president was face-to-face with General Richardson, commander of the Federal DC Garrison. The officer was about the only man other then Roosevelt who looked like he had the faintest inkling of what was going on.

Roosevelt looked up from in his wheelchair. "What the hell is going on, General?" He demanded. "Where's MacArthur? Where's Craig?"

Richardson said: "Mr. President, the cabinet is gathered in the Situation Room to meet with you. Other then General Craig and Field Marshal MacArthur. They are on trains for their commands in Arizona and Pennsylvania, respectively. That means I'm the closest thing there is to a Head of the Army in DC, so if you'll just follow me, sir . . . ."

Roosevelt followed. He needed to know what was happening. Richardson led him quickly to the Situation Room, where the cabinet was indeed waiting.

Roosevelt - "Alright - what exactly happened?"

Hull - "I'll tell you what happened - the Reds happened."

Roosevelt - "Oh dear God . . . ."

warfm.png

Swanson - "I can't believe I'm saying this, Mr. President, but I suggest we cancel the production of the destroyers and carriers for the Navy in order to dedicate more of our industry to producing modernized weaponry for our troops."

Roosevelt - "Henry! See to it."

Morgenthau - "Yes, Mr. President."

Richardson (Acting Head of Army/ Chief of Staff) - "Mr. President, we may be forced out of DC. I would suggest you take your family and make for Boston, just like President Wilson in the Freedom War. Even if the city doesn't fall, it will be bombarded and fought-for, and we can't risk losing you in the chaos."

Roosevelt - "Alright, General. I bow to your military wisdom. What do we have to counter the Rebs?"

Swanson - "The Navy is in no condition to fight without those destroyers - we'll be sitting this one out."

Richardson - "General Craig reformed the Ocean Guards Brigade quite extensively over the past three months. We have garrisons protecting the entire borderline - but the Rebs outnumber us. I suggest that we cancel production of the support brigades - if not all of them, then most - and begin conscripting new divisions to counter the threat. Patton in West Virginia has orders to push into the Shenandoah Valley at the first opportunity he sees. Most of our divisions further east have orders to stand their ground, however. In the west we enjoy a significant advantage in numbers, so we ought to be able to make gains there. However -"

Roosevelt - "Everything important is in the east. Cordell! I want the Canadian Army down here to assist us on the double. Maybe the Quebecois too. I don't care who you have to kill to do it, just get it done!"

Hull - "With pleasure, Mr. President."

Roosevelt - "I'll leave for Boston immediately. May God have mercy on our souls - and let Him allow us to finally bring the Rebs back under our flag."

<End of transcript>

So they did that... What do you actually have to oppose the Reds and will that be enough for making 'em quiet for ever?

So they did that... What do you actually have to oppose the Reds and will that be enough for making 'em quiet for ever?

Well - I have 4 division garrisons from DC to Illinois, and 2 divs all elsewhere. Once you hit Arizona-Colorado, though, the numbers start to waver. The command in Aspen is the bi 9-divisioner I mentioned in update 1, now led by Craig. The unit in Harrisburg is MacArthur's 9-division unit - a flying reserve.

The USN will be sitting this one out though, unless I can get the Canadian Army to France. The Frenchies are gonna catch hell from the People's Republic of Germany. Yes, their involved.

BTW - the CSA evidently has only 4 VP territories. I'm not going to use gamey tactics in this AAR, so I'll fight them until I consider it reasonably likely that a real leader would give in. I think I'll leave at least part of that decision to the readers:D

And even in the worst-case scenario the CSA cannot annex me. At worst they can surge up through most of New England and the Midwest, maybe touch the Pacific out west, but with Canadian and Quebecois reinforcements I'll be able to exploit weaknesses and otherwise ensure that they overstretch themselves. But the Rebs might do a hell of a lotta damage during that time. I'm resigned to losing Washington DC and possible West Virginia and Maryland, perhaps even some bits of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, but nothing more dangerous then that. Boston should be a safe hole for the president to hide in:D

wait how much do the reds have??? you say you have 4 divs in each province in the east and a 9 div reserve-but the reds are still likely to break through???position macarthur in dc and coun terattack anything that comes close to it. dont cancel your navy, just use that new AoD feature i heard about to stop their progress and allow for divs to be conscripted. send the quebec army to help in west virginia and have 2 canadian corps sent to the same area. then send the rest to france to hold a line on the german border. if they break through let them and encircle them. mil control france as well. try and ally italy right now. they would be more help than russia since it would just weaken russia to fight on 2 fronts and probably lose both.

blitz through the west with craig and whatever garrisons you have there. try and reach the misissipi at least then that will relieve pressure off of the dc front. hold washington at all costs.

btw i hope you mean by garrison an infantry division thats on the border. if its a real garrison division you are so screwed in round 2 of the american civil war

I'm not sure how much the Rebels have - I just notice like 3-5 divisions on most border territories.

Thank you for the strategic advice! I'll do my best to win this time.

(And yes, I meant infantry divisions.

I don't build garrisons.:D)

i assume you have the west coast garrisoned by the looks of seattle. bring thos over in time to cross the misissipi and try to take florida. after that try to focus on retaking virginia. once they are reduced in size you shoulkd have no problem continuing the assault. especially since new divisions will arrive by that time.

theredwar.jpg

The United States were not ready for the Red War. Or at least, that's what they thought. They actually were ready enough. The Confederate declaration of war caught President Roosevelt completely off-guard, but he held fast and issued command to General Craig and Field Marshal MacArthur. Together with General Richardson, those two are commonly credited with America's early successes.

screensave97.png

This is the deployment of US soldiers in the Eastern Theater, late March 1936.

screensave98.png

This map shows American positions in the Central Theater.

screensave100.png

This shows the Western Theater.

screensave104.png

This displays the French opening moves to hold against Germany. They knew that the United States would send aid as soon as they were able in order to help make up the numerical deficit.

The United States were quick to assume control over Canadian and Quebecois military forces, quickly moving them south of the border to organize in New England and the Midwest. However, President Roosevelt followed the advice of General Richardson and did not wait for the fight to come to him.

planred.png

screensave112.png

Roosevelt's authorization of MacArthur's "Plan Red" is still hotly debated today. Many believe that it was the only way to wrest the initiative of the war away from the CSA, while other say that Roosevelt should have stood on the defensive and let the Confederates wear out their own momentum. Nonetheless, Plan Red was a smashing success by any military standard.

planredresults.png

A little after Plan Red was executed, MacArthur launched a massive, all-out attack on Virginia. The state was well defended, but the Confederate Army turned out to be understrength and demoralized. The United States of America pushed hard through the Shenandoah and the Roanoke, breaking Confederate lines in vicious battles. General Patton and General Marshall were not gentle in shattering Confederate armies.

screensave115.png

However, shortly afterward, Deseret joined the war on the same side as the CSA, leaving Mexico the only North American nation uninvolved in the Red War.

deseretnutso.png