• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
December 1957 Part I

Yamamoto intercepts American's off the coast of Hollandia

34h7s.jpg

2j0hxlv.jpg

The Battle of Neufchateau

atooi8.jpg

The Battle of Saint Mihiel

168ip6x.jpg

The Battle of Saint Dizier

24q7cd3.jpg

Japanese troops march into an undefended Paris

2v9ptz5.jpg

Luxembourg Army puts up a stiff defence

2evxdgg.jpg

Western Europe:16th December

By mid-December,several Japanese divisions were roaming freely around around France.In the Alps,the Imperial Army was still trying to push back the forces of the Italian SR.The narrow front and mountainous terrain was a hazardous combination though and it is believed that casualties have been extremely high.

346419k.jpg

Now things are looking pretty good. And once you break through the alps you'll be able to flood through Italy too. I'm interested to see how you'll go about your sea lion though. Keep updating haha!

Wow, Luxembourg must have enlisted all able-bodied men and their mothers-in-law. That stack of troops should outnumber their total population several times.

Mid-December 1957-February 1958

The Battle of Montmedy

dcqa1t.jpg

Japanese tanks reach Caen

29qjsib.jpg

Japanese troops capture Brussels

iqlis7.jpg

The Battle of Luxembourg

On Christmas Day,Japan finally captured Luxembourg after heavy fighting in which 10,000 soldiers from the Luxembourg Defence Force were killed.90,000 were taken prisoner.

4pwd3t.jpg

Western Europe:27th December

2re7in6.jpg

The Battle of Pfunds

At the end of December Japanese troops finally managed to push back the Italian SR forces from Pfunds and now had control of the mountain passes that led into northern Italy.It had come at a high price though.Tojo's insistence to keep on fighting no matter what the losses were had led to the death of 50,000 Japanese soldiers.The Italians had suffered horrendously too with 43,000 of its men lost in the fight for freedom.The beautiful Alpine scenery had been immeasurably scarred and the winter snow was crimson red.

v67kh5.jpg

The Battle of Berck

2qnrrwp.jpg

The Battle of Vernon

10pd7v4.jpg

The Battle of Storo

There was more heavy fighting in the Italian Alps,this time in the province of Storo as Japanese forces pushed south.

b9ay39.jpg

Norwegian troops rampage through neutral Finland

Throughout December and January,Norwegian forces had attacked and took control over much of Finland.Unconcerned,Tojo had yet to decide about intervening.

ehjgps.jpg

The Battle of Sarreguemines

286zqfl.jpg

The Battle of Metz

The Japanese lost over 10,000 men in dislodging remnants of enemy forces from fortified positions in Metz.

5wawcz.jpg

Western Europe:15th January

30iysrm.jpg

Imperial Army attacks the Brazilians defending Faaborg

In mid-January Tojo gave the order to attack the Brazilians in Faaborg.A tough fight was expected.Additional troops were enroute and airborne landings in Odense or Svendborg were being organised if required.

fac7t4.jpg

161b4va.jpg

Japanese advance into norther Italy slows at Salo

The Japanese troops advancing into northern Italy came up against another unexpected obastacle:160,000 Italian SR troops defending Salo.

kf15s5.jpg

UK/US troops guarding Dover

29vz7v5.jpg

Japanese submarines patrolling south of Los Angeles and west of San Diego

2622hw7.jpg

Western Europe:31st January

a0uivq.jpg

Japanese Carrier Task Forces head towards the west coast of the USA

On the 1st February,two large navy task forces led by Yamamoto and Mizawa were north east of Hawaii, steaming towards the the west coast of the USA.Two additional task forces were also in the region.One of them,led by Ozawa,was apparently heading east from Midway.

3535jjp.jpg

Last edited:
Is Portugal still in the Axis? Wonder how they did manage to survive there so long. And whose side is Finland / Norway on, wondering why they're fighting each other.
And be quick with the next update. Can't wait to see what those Carriers are going to do! :D

Holy s- I have never seen such a painful battle as that. But congrats on effectively subduing France

February 1958 Part I

The Invasion of the USA Begins

On the 4th February,Japanese marines began to land on the coast at Los Angeles and San Diego.

acy1py.jpg

2gvvdpv.jpg

Japanese marines capture Los Angeles

x59toh.jpg

On the 9th February,with fighting continuing in the battle for San Diego,the Japanese marines that had landed at Los Angeles began to push out around the city.

2vt63xz.jpg

2ef2t6x.jpg

Marines take control of San Diego

156e41u.jpg

US tanks sighted north west of Los Angeles

xerh90.jpg

Japanese armored divisions begin to come ashore in Los Angeles

23kahok.jpg

More American tanks arrive north of Los Angeles

2me47yt.jpg

Reinforcements head towards San Diego

30sdeeg.jpg

Japanese marines launch amphibious assault south of San Francisco

2ypkn4o.jpg

Bombing weakens US forces around Los Angeles

24o2646.jpg

Imperial Army attacks American positions

24gu8tf.jpg

Europe

The Battle of Salo continues

x21mz4.jpg

The Battle of Faaborg rages on

258sbro.jpg

Additional airborne divisions dropped at Svendborg

f1yyoo.jpg

2evztxu.jpg

Ok...someone please explain to me how the US, UK and the Soviet Union troops seem to be crushed under the might of Imperial Japan but when it comes to dealing with the Italians and Brazillians of all people the fighting lasts months for one place!

Invading the US whilst heavily engaged in Europe? Wonderful!

I must have said this before but It is now official! YOU ARE VERY GOOD!!!

I mean, I think we've all had games that have lasted for ages and been amazed by how much we managed to achieve, but this has got to be the first time I have ever seen an AAR where someone has not only beaten the SU, most of Europe, the whole pacific and a good chunk of Africa and then successfully land troops in the US... Just awe inspiring. I look forward to seeing this AAR to the end, but as that gets closer, I'm starting to feel a little sad. Any ideas Ian, on what your going to do next?

February 1958 Part II

The Battle of Lompoc

wup7nn.jpg

The Battle of Boron

28cej4h.jpg

The Battle of Desert Hot Springs

35iaexx.jpg

Western USA:22nd February

11hfmfd.jpg

Japanese troops enter Mexican territory

2q3ysz4.jpg

Japanese marines secure Sunnyvale

vwy9ub.jpg

Strong American defence in San Francisco

2ljrjnl.jpg

Japanese aircraft attack American positions north east of Los Angeles

69khur.jpg

The Battle of Yermo

1562yc0.jpg

Western USA:22nd February

With a reasonable beachhead secured in the south,Japanese armoured divisions were racing northwards to assist in the fight for San Francisco,a vital objective with its port facilities.Additional port areas,south of San Francisco and LA, had already been assembled by the Imperial Army.With additional ports up and running(and more planned),and hopefully with the capture of San Francisco,large amounts of reinforcements could be brought ashore.

2mgwlk.jpg

The Battle of Twentynine Palms

xfnj13.jpg

Europe

Fighting continues at Salo

2ur3yw3.jpg

The fight for Faarborg goes on

sxm7er.jpg