• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The people of Africa must be pretty busy producing people for that army. :wacko:
Yeah, but at least part of the job is pretty enjoyable :D

Why do you have all those fleets all over the place in NA. I don't play EU, but I wonder, what can they be doing in such small groups. Hunting Pirates?
Not hunting but preventing their appearance by patrolling each sea zone once every 24 days.
In HttT, just having a fleet nearby prevents pirates from spawning, a big plus.

Exactly. If there's no fleet in a coastal sea province pirates will appear.
Thanks for explaining, I guess you sensed, I'd once again take an eternity to post this update ;)

this will be the last epic war :D
At least the numbers involved should be.

Too many Bs!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!

Good going though, you got a field goal. Time to go for a touchdown now.
And from the looks of it, I don't even have to try a two point conversion.

Heh, I don't remember seeing that many soldiers before... Although I do realize why they're of use here.

Despite the Hesse situation you managed to open several fronts on the French. That should be helpful.

Yay for Ashanti America! :D

I guess that, at least now, it is safe to say that the Russians are done.

Looking forward to Chapter 60, epic war and "goodie" (whatever that is :D).
I hope you like it, getting it right took a bit longer than I expected.

That's even better. :cool::rofl:

What of moving one million soldiers on to the borders of France? :cool:
That would require marching troops from all over the place to France. Way too much work ;)
Also, there's two limits on the amount of troops I can bring to bear:
1. The average lifetime of generals and the rate at which I acquire tradition limits me to ~15 generals, so I can't effectively use much more than this many armies.
2. Since WE from attrition doesn't scale with army size, sending 1 million troops would mean gaining about 1.5 WE each month. That's 6 months of peace for every month at war.

God (didn't) save our precious queen!

Now to get the Russians down!
Because of the extended coverage of the Ashanti-French war, the Russians will have to wait until next chapter.

Wu and Ming...sounds like a band and the death of GB. Plus of course the mighty Ashanti now move onto the not so mighty France.
I'm starting to regret liberating Wu. Yes, it makes taking over China a bit faster, but they've really wreaked havoc on my Asian monopolies.

Chapter 60: The two thirds of a Million Spaceman March

Aug 1720: To open the Italian border, we declare war on Corsica, which is guaranteed by the two remaining Italian countries.
01-Dow-Corsica.jpg

Sep 1720: We take the far Genoese province and park an army there for the coming war. Also, Poland is reduced to their final province.
02-Peace-Poland.jpg

Oct 1720: A month later, the Pope is locked into Brescia and we annex Corsica, leading to the election of Johann VI of Münster to the Throne of the HRE.
03-Peace-Papal-State.jpg

Nov 1720: More foreplay, this time we attack Norway, Scandinavia and Hungary.
04-Dow-Norway.jpg

Dec 1720: Remembering that we've got no diplomats, we accept a Norwegian peace offer of 909 ducats.

Feb/Mar 1721: Scandinavia is OPM'd and Hungary loses another four provinces.
05-Peace-Hungary.jpg

Jul 1721: This is the setup to the war. 682'000 soldiers are ready to march into France, many of the armies 44 regiments strong. And while the French have many armies that will compare favourably to ours, no army of theirs will be able to assault our fortresses. And so we declare war on France and Normandy which had warned us a bit earlier. They field a combined 222,000 men.
06-Setup.jpg

So much for the French not being able to to assault our forts. The three French armies in the Low Countries are converging on Brabant. That's a 110,000 men tied up.
07-Brabant.jpg

On the Channel coast our army was able to avoid the French cavalry army, which is now busy camping in the Caux countryside. In the background you might just see the last real naval battle on this planet. Ultimately all 36 French ships will be sunk with no losses.
08-Caux.jpg

Aug 1721: We've racked up 0.88 war exhaustion from attrition in the first month alone, and our armies in Nice, Lombardia and Roussilion have also been locked in battles.

This is a nice effect of the differing troop types. Our superior general and terrain allows us to keep casualties almost even. But since generals don't influence morale loss, while about 50,000 of our troops have run out of morale, most of the original French troops are still standing in the frontline, badly battered and incapable of inflicting many further casualties.
09-Brabant-2.jpg

Paris falls after a four day assault.
10-Paris.jpg

This is the situation one month after declaring war. We've fought two complete battles and three more are still ongoing. In all three the French have slowly run out of men in the front troops.
11-1-Month.jpg

Sep 1721: Another month later, we've run out of troops to run out of morale. Still, this army won't assault the fort anytime soon. In the end they'll have lost almost 38,000 troops while we lose 31,000.
12-Brabant-3.jpg

Oct 1721: Normandy parts with another province.
13-Peace-Normandy.jpg

2 months and 22 days after the war started, we've got enough warscore for what we aimed for...
14-Final-Situation.jpg

... which is to slice apart France.
15-Peace-France.jpg

And this is the war in motion. Red dots are battles we won, yellow are French victories.
16-Animation.gif

Eight days after the peace agreement, electoral reality takes a hold of the country again and Yanza Sadami loses in a tight race against Dimani Offei.
17-Election.jpg

Sep 1722: Now that we probably don't need spies to infiltrate administrations anymore, we can use them to incite nationalist rebels in isolated pockets.
18-Rebels.jpg

Coming Up: The big cleanup, part 1 of x

If the Foixians go to Armagnac, you will need one more war!

But fantastic work there. You might make what PrawnStar didn't.

Lets all go tell him that!

Well done.
I wonder how they really could have won Napoleon who controlled a France larger than that in 1814-15... :p
Probably has something to do with large WE, low manpower, and attackers being simply too many. :p

Very well done. That sure seems like a decisive war - as it's France, she will continue to have troops, but the slicing should make future wars easier to manage.

Nice to see that your advantage in generals allowed you to inflict such high casualties on the French.

Excellent work, I'm sure you've more than enough time and diplomats to complete the WC :D

Thanks

As you'll see, the Foixians have indeed gone to Armagnac, and I did need another war. Though I'm not sure it happened the way you meant ;)

Well done.
I wonder how they really could have won Napoleon who controlled a France larger than that in 1814-15... :p
Probably has something to do with large WE, low manpower, and attackers being simply too many. :p
... and only one side having a plan :D

Slicing and dicing across France with the Ashanti. Excellent work Starfury.
Yes, I was surprised I could take enough provinces to cut France in three.

Very well done. That sure seems like a decisive war - as it's France, she will continue to have troops, but the slicing should make future wars easier to manage.

Nice to see that your advantage in generals allowed you to inflict such high casualties on the French.

Excellent work, I'm sure you've more than enough time and diplomats to complete the WC :D
Yes, I think 96 provinces in 95 years should be possible :D

Don't worry. You'll always have a special place in our hearts. :D
Indeed, he's the inspiration for many pagan fool's errands :rofl:

nationalists won't join another nation with another name :D
They still can get on my nerves :D

Chapter 61: Postbellum boredom

Mar 1723: We start the big clean-up with Russia, Hesse and Aragon which is quickly annexed.
01-Dow-Russia.jpg

This time we want to win the Battle for St. Petersburg to get rid of the big Russian force in our back.
02-St-Petersburg.jpg

Apr 1723: One and a half months into the war, most of our armies are close to their second assault. And another week later, we win the Battle of St. Petersburg, after bringing 4 armies to bear.
03-Warscore.jpg

Jun 1723: Ultimately we create another pocket in French space. And since we couldn't find a good combination of Russian provinces with St. Petersburg, we focussed on encroaching on the big patch of Russian territory in the North.
04-Peace.jpg

Aug 1723: As usual, Rebels rarely fail to bite you in your rear end...
05-Armagnac.jpg

Nov 1723: Time for another war in China to finally get rid of the Wu traders and Manchu. The rebels in the Southwest are just peasants and so there's no hope of Ming falling apart further.
06-Dow-Manchu.jpg

Jan/Feb 1724: Manchu and Wu are annexed and Ming is cut a bit more. With our newest conquests, we've passed the 1 million manpower mark.
07-Peace-China.jpg

Mar 1724: We decide that we've hurt Ming enough and vow to never attack them again. (Translation: Ming has transformed into Manchu) Also, someone says that Reputation isn't everything. No kidding.
08-Reputation.jpg

May 1724: We've finished the colonization of the Pacific islands and Castille declares war. But since Armagnac's still under siege by friendly Rebels, there's nothing we can do about besides sitting there and dying from attrition. After a few months of waiting for the siege to progress with our support, we peace out for two renounced claims and a few ducats.
09-Castille-Dow.jpg

And since someone was asking where all our soldiers are bred. The Jiangsu CoT is worth 4483.05 ducats.
10-Manpower.jpg

Jul 1725: The French seem to think that there's not enough Mediterranean CoTs and so they open a new one in Provence.

Oct 1725: Has it been 4 years already? We keep Dimani Offei, who's had a pretty quiet term. To celebrate his reelection, he releases our final vassal Bihar. Two days later, we're warned by them.
11-Election.jpg

Dec 1725: We declare war on Norway, Scandinavia, Genoa, the Papal State, Friesland and Bihar. Sounds big, but with all 6 reduced to OPM's, this should be easy.
12-Dow-Norway.jpg

Of course, forgetting to assign a general to a stack still leads to disaster.
13-Ouch.jpg

Jan 1726: We annex Friesland, Genoa and Scandinavia. Bihar gets to buy its freedom for another 5 years with 2500 ducats...
14-Peaces.jpg

Feb 1726: ... while Norway buys another few months with a valiant garrison. But ultimately both they and the Papal State are annexed by July. And somewhere in the last few months, Castille collapsed to the Rebels and is now attackable again.
15-Reykjavik.jpg

And those are the remaining countries:
Code:
Ashanti   1177
France	    42
Russia	    20
Manchu	    10
Hungary	    10
Würzburg     4
Hesse	     2
Saxony	     1
Austria	     1
Normandy     1
Munster	     1
Bihar	     1
Poland	     1
Castille     1
Meissen	     1

Coming Up: France again

Hungary's still alive?

Chapter 62: The long mop-up

Oct 1726: We declare war on Normandy again. This time 36 armies of 22,000 men each are ready to fight. Of course we don't have enough generals to command more than half of them, so they are assigned to the armies with the shortest way to enemy provinces, so that they are hopefully done with the assault before the slower armies reach enemy territory.
01-Dow-Normandy.jpg

Here you see an army running for its life. Thankfully, the French attached 3000 brakes to their doomstack and so we can avoid them.
02-Caux.jpg

Unfortunately not even a level 5 fort could resist their assault, and so Caux is lost.
03-Assault.jpg

This is how the rest of the war progresses. All the red dots might lead to the belief that we're easily winning battles, but that's only because in most cases we choose if we want to fight or not.
04-War.gif

Dec 1726: Normandy is annexed, we take back Caux and force the release of 8 province Burgundy.
05-Peace-France.jpg

Jun/Aug 1727: Crimea declares independence from Hungary, and Foix splits off France.
06-Independence.jpg

Aug 1727: Let's see if annexing Manchu is quicker than it was with Ming.
07-Dow-Manchu.jpg

Sep 1727: It's quicker alright. If the final Manchu province doesn't cost more than 34 warscore, this might be over in two more wars.
08-Peace-Manchu.jpg

And since the last war was over so quickly, it's time to welcome Foix, Crimea and Burgundy into the world community.
09-Dow-Foix.jpg

Nov 1727: The Hungarians have put up a valiant defense of their capital, but in the end there can be no other outcome against our countless troops.
10-Pecs.jpg

Dec 1727: If Albania breaks away in time, Hungary might also be gone after two more wars. And we've run out of diplomats once more.
11-Peace-Hungary.jpg

Jan/Mar/May 1728: We annex Foix and Crimea, while Burgundy finally gives us a northern land bridge.
12-Peace-Rest.jpg

Jul 1728: The Russian truce has expired and so we declare war on them once again. Their ally Hesse is quickly OPM'd
13-Dow-Russia.jpg

Oct 1728: According to the Battle screen, we lost this battle. But we like the numbers nevertheless.
14-Novgorod.jpg

Dec 1728: Russia will take quite a few more wars. Fortunately, we can sponsor Ukrainian Nationalists in the Kiev-Poltava pocket, which would save us at least 82 warscore.
15-Peace-Russia.jpg

This looks like another perfect opportunity for a Rebel army.
16-Limburg.jpg

Apr 1729: Russia has gone bankrupt. And we annex Saxony and OPM Wurttemberg.
17-War-Saxony.jpg

Oct 1729: That could be called the electoral kind of "rubbing it in" :D
18-Election.jpg

Feb 1730: Serbia declares independence from Hungary. Two months later, they insult us, because relations obviously weren't deteriorating quickly enough.
19-Serbia.jpg

Jun 1730: We've come up with an even quicker way to worsen relations. And two weeks later, we end relations.
20-Annex-Serbia.jpg

Coming Up: The end of the HRE

Last edited:
Very solid work in all the wars. Too bad about Caux, but you got such a huge peace that it didn't make a big difference. Russia should indeed be breakable somewhat. Overall, this WC shouldn't take too long to finish anymore. :)

And since the last war was over so quickly, it's time to welcome Foix, Crimea and Burgundy into the world community.

Well put :rofl:

Jan/Mar/May 1728: We annex Foix and Crimea, while Burgundy finally gives us a northern land bridge.

You seem to be showing the wrong screenshot here (the Hungary peace for the second time).

Very solid work in all the wars. Too bad about Caux, but you got such a huge peace that it didn't make a big difference. Russia should indeed be breakable somewhat. Overall, this WC shouldn't take too long to finish anymore. :)
If I can get my lazy behind to actually do the mop up work, yes ;)

And thanks for pointing out the screenshot mixup

Edit: The animation wasn't set to repeat either :eek:

Last edited: