• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Browsing through this thread definitely makes me eager to test this little jewel... :)

It's supposed to be fully compatible with Arma mods. :D

I highly doubt that. Almost all mods have different tech tree (most of the times drastically different) and you wouldn't be able to use new units and buildings. Right?

I highly doubt that. Almost all mods have different tech tree (most of the times drastically different) and you wouldn't be able to use new units and buildings. Right?
Compatible only means they still work, not that they can take advantage of all the new stuff implemented.

For example my new graphic card is compatible with a 10year old game, but that doesn't mean the game will look any better on it then on a 8year old graphic card...

On behalf of Lennart:

What happens when Japan decides not to join the war and give US free resources for other "expansions"?
Italy lost 50 divisions in africa half a year ago, after GB invaded Tripoli and they had nowhere to retreat to.

Code:
1942-01-11 : USA initializing invasion of Palermo with 38 (38) divisions from Malta

jh6iox.jpg

(handsoff-ai-only-game)

edit: Few further extracts of the invasion.txt:

Code:
1942-01-11 : USA initializing invasion of Palermo with 38 (38) divisions from Malta
1942-01-27 : United Kingdom initializing invasion of Kavala with 21 (21) divisions from Tobruk
1942-03-23 : USA launching invasion with 38 (32) divisions from Malta
1942-05-03 : United Kingdom launching invasion with 20 (10) divisions from Tobruk

Hmm...the AI still doesn't form proper Corps?

I suggest doing what DAIM did, telling the AI the most effective corps to form.

Wow! AI is too smart. We should not underestimate the artificial intelligence.

Cylons look like us now, they bomb and invade, some are programmed to think they are human, and they have a plan! :)

why didnt italian surrender event fire

good question - checked the events, and i think i found a possible cause...

The event is only checked every 40 days - the invasion on miltiple targets is on such a large scale that one of the necessary provinces in northern italy is not more under italy control anymore when the event was checked.

Hmm...the AI still doesn't form proper Corps?

I suggest doing what DAIM did, telling the AI the most effective corps to form.

Maybe it might be necessary to have a strict limit on the number of divisions a corps can have? Similar to this:

# Maximum sizes of air-stacks

If corps would be limited to 5(?) divisions, than the larger battles would be a coordinated effort of several corps. For playtesting it'd be fun to see, if the ai can use these smaller armies effectively.

Is there somehow I can mod the directions arrows?

HoI 3 arrows are waay beauty than AoD arrows. :rofl:

2 new images uploaded to the "news" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.