• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello everyone,
I am glad to help in collecting some informations about east Asia cities before 395AD,and incluld Japan,China,Korea,Indochina,Indonesia,tibet and sinkiang.

the first part is China and Korea,I will give the list before 15.Dec

Hello everyone,
I am glad to help in collecting some informations about east Asia cities before 395AD,and incluld Japan,China,Korea,Indochina,Indonesia,tibet and sinkiang.

the first part is China and Korea,I will give the list before 15.Dec

Perfect! You are the second SGL helper! :)

Could you write the cities (with the ancient name and actual one) or provinces (the peolpe that live there, ancient name and current one) from the most important to the least important, country by country, so that I know immediatly which cities could I not draw? I say it because if you give me for example 202 cities (or provinces) in China, but when I draw I see that can be only 187, I know immediatly which can I exclude.

If you want to delay the date because I say it just now, you can, but not other times. ;)

I can provide you a list of cities in China and kroea easily.

Their names list in the The Book of Jin which written by a number of officials commissioned by the court of Tang Dynasty.

for the other parts,I need more time to study...............most of them are still tribes or nomad

Last edited:
I can provide you a list of cities in China and kroea easily.

Their names list in the The Book of Jin which written by a number of officials commissioned by the court of Tang Dynasty.

for the other parts,I need more time to study...............most of them are still tribes or nomad

Don't worry: eastern Asia will be the last part that I will draw

I have a night Shift this week

now this is for Korea and south-east Manchuria:

notes
1.Goguryeo is the strongest nation in this age,they are one part of Buyeo,from pic1 to pic2 you can see it control the south Manchuria and whole north Korea step by step.
2.Baekje,Gaya and Silla are the three samll nations in south,ancestor of modern Korean

links
pic1.1st century CE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:History_of_Korea-001.png
pic2.476
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:History_of_Korea-476.PNG

city list
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]Gaya:Southern Gyeongsang(annex by Silla in 532)
[*]Rakrang:Pyongyang(Rakrang=Lelang in pic1,become the capital of Goguryeo in 427)
[*]Wirye:Seoul(first capital of Baekje,and occupy by Goguryeo in 475)
[*]Ungjin:Gongju, South Chungcheong(Capital of Baekje after lost Wirye)
[*]Kimseong:Gyeongju(capital of Silla)
[*]Sabi:Buyeo County, South Chungcheong(when Baekje was threaten by Goguryeo,they move the capital from Ungjin to Sabi,where more south than Ungjin)
[*]Ye:see pic1(a tribe,own by Silla in 395)
[*]Dongye:see pic1(a tribe,own by Silla in 395)
[*]Daifang:the area between Pyongyang and seoul(own by Silla in 395)
[*]Dongokjeo:see pic1(a tribe,own by Goguryeo in 395)
[*]Bukokjeo:see pic 1(a tribe,own by Goguryeo in 395)
[*]Gungnae:Ji'an(capital of Goguryeo 3-427)
[/LIST]

Tamna:jeju Island

Last edited:
Ok. I prefer anyway if you include that cities between code tag, like so:

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]Rakrang:Pyongyang(Rakrang=Lelang in pic1,become the capital of Goguryeo in 427)
[*]Sabi:Buyeo County, South Chungcheong(when Baekje was threaten by Goguryeo,they move the capital from Ungjin to Sabi,where more south than Ungjin)
[*]Gungnae:Ji'an(capital of Goguryeo 3-427)
[/LIST]

now I have a list of all cities (about 180) of China (Jin,256-420)in Chinese.
I can find the actual name for about half of them,need more study....

now I have a list of all cities (about 180) of China (Jin,256-420)in Chinese.
I can find the actual name for about half of them,need more study....

Perfect!

Do you know that it must be at least one capital city (or province) for each country? (in SGL map must stay all kingdoms of that epoch in a scenario, not the sub kingdom, that were only formally indipendent)

Besides, I've seen that you have already write the owners, and in a few time.

Excellent!!!!!!

Thanks first!

Sure,I know it should be at least one provice for one kingdom.

I have a look at the map of Mongolia and east Siberia.For most kingdoms of nomad,there will be just the capital which can be called a city(castle).So we need to discuss how to draw the provices except you wanna draw the whole Mongolia in one provice.Though I find some names for sub-tribes,they are not enough for draw more than 30 provices in this area.
By the other hand,if you just draw 30 provices in Mongolia but 180 provices for China,no nomad nation can conquer China as they did in history.
So maybe you'd better draw this area follow the nature geographical names?and leave the tribes' names for the names of kingdoms.
what's your opinion?

Last edited:
Thanks first!

Sure,I know it should be at least one provice for one kingdom.

I have a look at the map of Mongolia and east Siberia.For most kingdoms of nomad,there will be just the capital which can be called a city(castle).So we need to discuss how to draw the provices except you wanna draw the whole Mongolia in one provice.Though I find some names for sub-tribes,they are not enough for draw more than 30 provices in this area.
By the other hand,if you just draw 30 provices in Mongolia but 180 provices for China,no nomad nation can conquer China as they did in history.
So maybe you'd better draw this area follow the nature geographical names?and leave the tribes' names for the names of kingdoms.
what's your opinion?

Also in Germany there will be 50 provinces, instead of 200 of Western Roman Empire, but specific events can solve this kind of problems, such as increasing manpower for barbarian states, and a lot of revolt risk for the other states.
Anyway, if you want to add also geographical names you have my consent, but they are the less important, so you can add it in the bottom of the list.
I think that geographical names will be important, if I can add other provinces in that area, so yes you have my consent. ;):)

Also in Germany there will be 50 provinces, instead of 200 of Western Roman Empire, but specific events can solve this kind of problems, such as increasing manpower for barbarian states, and a lot of revolt risk for the other states.
Anyway, if you want to add also geographical names you have my consent, but they are the less important, so you can add it in the bottom of the list.
I think that geographical names will be important, if I can add other provinces in that area, so yes you have my consent. ;):)

I see,
I think I need to add the names of some grasslands which are import for nomads and some names of hills which are import encampment or battlefields .and you can choose some for provinces as your need.

I see,
I think I need to add the names of some grasslands which are import for nomads and some names of hills which are import encampment or battlefields .and you can choose some for provinces as your need.

Ok, excellent, but remember to order them by importance.

good news,I find a political map of China of 394AD,and I check the books find the status did not change untill 398AD.

but after 398AD...totally different......

so I can mark the ownership of cities

bad news,I can just find about 170 names of cities both ancient name and actual one in main China.
about 50 ancient cities I donot know where it is this days,maybe in a small village,no information I can find.

Last edited:
good news,I find a political map of China of 394AD,and I check the books find the status did not change untill 398AD.

but after 398AD...totally different......

so I can mark the ownership of cities

bad news,I can just find about 170 names of cities both ancient name and actual one in main China.
about 50 ancient cities I donot know where it is this days,maybe in a small village,no information I can find.

So, if I'm right understanding, you have founded 170 city names with current one and ancient one and other cities 50 without actual one?

Besides: for "China" I mean whole current China, including Tibet and Western lands.

Anyway, if there have founded already 170 cities with current and ancient name ordered by importance, excellent!

"So, if I'm right understanding, you have founded 170 city names with current one and ancient one and other cities 50 without actual one?
"
yes,about 170 can find both current name and ancient name,about 50 can not find a actual one.

there are three levels of administration area for main China:
Zhou-level
Jun-level
county-leve.
Zhou and Jun are both cities with a circumvallation.
I just list Zhou-level and Jun-level,and I will mark the important Jun in one Zhou.

no city or kingdom in Tibet before 570AD

oh,there was one kingdom named Tuyuhun in Qinghai,set up by Xianbei people,and they have only one capital(castle) which is a city I can find

about tibet I can provide you some tribe names and their location of encampment at most

the Main China I mean Reaches of Yellow River,Changjiang River Liaohe river and Zhujiang River.

I wanna list the Tibet,Sinkiang and Mongolia next program,about 15 Dec to 10 Jan.I have to say there is a lack of information (except Sinkiang).The nomad have no characters,and Han people did not record their situation in detail.

the same problem will happened in Janpan,Indochina and Indonesia.
I have a look at this area when enjoy a tea break,just find 5 kingdoms before 395, and what we know about each is just a name........

Last edited:
yes,about 170 can find both current name and ancient name,about 50 can not find a actual one.

there are three levels of administration area for main China:
Zhou-level
Jun-level
county-leve.
Zhou and Jun are both cities with a circumvallation.
I just list Zhou-level and Jun-level,and I will mark the important Jun in one Zhou.

Well done.

no city or kingdom in Tibet before 570AD

oh,there was one kingdom named Tuyuhun in Qinghai,set up by Xianbei people,and they have only one capital(castle) which is a city I can find

about tibet I can provide you some tribe names and their location of encampment at most

Ok, only geographical names.

the Main China I mean Reaches of Yellow River,Changjiang River Liaohe river and Zhujiang River.

I wanna list the Tibet,Sinkiang and Mongolia next program,about 15 Dec to 10 Jan.I have to say there is a lack of information (except Sinkiang).The nomad have no characters,and Han people did not record their situation in detail.

the same problem will happened in Janpan,Indochina and Indonesia.
I have a look at this area when enjoy a tea break,just find 5 kingdoms before 395, and what we know about each is just a name........

Ok, you can add geographical (ancient and current) names

In SGL anyway there will be also actual borders of countries, so I would like if you give me the lists of each cities country by country (for example, a list of actual china, then another one of N Korea etc)

See the 14) point of the main features of SGL map (that I've forgotten to add, and I've added it now)

In shading map there are also actual country borders, and also in the terrain map quite all actual country borders are drawn.

I donot understand 100%.......you wanna a list of cities' names of modern China?

or a list the provinces name like this

ancient name:actual name:ancient kingdom:modern state

Last edited:
I donot understand 100%.......you wanna a list of cities' names of modern China?

or a list the provinces name like this

ancient name:actual name:ancient kingdom:modern state

Each list I would like if they are named as modern State. Then, ancient name, actual one, ancient kingdom.

So, for example:

Code:
South Korea
[LIST=1]
[*]Sabi:Buyeo County, South Chungcheong(when Baekje was threaten by 
[/LIST]

Code:
North Korea
[LIST=1]
Goguryeo,they move the capital from Ungjin to Sabi,where more south than Ungjin)
[/LIST]

( add " Gungnae:Ji'an(capital of Goguryeo 3-427) " in China list)

These are the kind of list I would like, and they aren't much different from the previous one.

It's useful for implementing SGL features.

Thanks