• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We'll I've just read the last chapter and I think it's another good one, nice job sir! :)
Thank you very much for the flattery. I'd appreciate it more if Slovakia became Catholic again though.:p

Interestingly, my style of AAR writing has been almost solely influenced by your Historia Slovakiæ. And how does that make you feel?:D

~Part 6~
In which War and Tempers rage
Early September and the Danish king had realised he was being beaten. A 47% warscore and two major islands had been lost, so a quick council was called. The senior Danish ministers met in the King's tent in the army camp at Lund, and a verdict was reached. They sent a herald to the Teutonic Order's headquaters of Königsberg, who was permitted into the city. The messenger walked up to the seat on which the Hochmeister sat.
Delivering a long message as written by the Danish ministers, he concluded the letter: "The Nobles of Denmark feel that, in light of your holding Fyn and Gotland, we would do well to surrender to you, and so we offer a truce."
What happened next was seen by everyone at court, and recorded word for word by the official Archivist. "The Hochmeister had sat through the entire message with great int'rest, and now appear'd to be pondering its meaning. Suddenly he arose from the great chair and quickly drew his long sword. Rushing at the stunn'd herald, he ran him through the heart, slaying the unfortunate man. Turning to us, his horrified courtiers, he shouted two words: 'To Denmark!'"
A new army was quickly trained, and Hochmeister Albrecht I rode at its head. Receiving word of the events at the Teuton court, King Joachim of Cleves offered a ceasefire. As the Order had no time for them, it was accepted.
The Danish armies in Slesvig were eliminated and the siege of the final Danish city (other than Lund and Halmstad) began. The Hochmeister led an army through Sweden to defeat the Danish one in Skåne, while a 3rd force was positioned in Sjælland to attack the Danes from another front.. Slesvig soon surrendered, and by October 1413 both armies stationed in Denmark were ready to attack; they merely waited on the arrival of the Hochmeister's army in Halland.
Poland Lithuania suddenly declared war on Novgorod, and the Teutons were unable to assist their allies and so did not go to their aid.
The Danes were now beset by over 10000 Teutonic knights, and their Royal Army was forced into Swedish territories while both of the towns still in their hands were besieged. King Frederik attempted to defeat the Teutons once more, but was slain in the heavy fighting in Halland. Rebels rose up in Fyn but were quickly defeated by a larger cavalry force.
1414danishwar.jpg

The war comes to a close.
The Brandenburgers now allied with the Order, further securing Teuton influence in the Baltic, and Ludwig III of the Palatinate was elected as Emperor.
Skåne now fell to the Teutonic armies, and the siege of Halland received more troops.
The Treaty of Halmstad was signed mere days after the city itself fell, and the ceremony following concluded with the surrender of all but København itself, as well as an exchange of 75 ducats.
treatyofhalmstad.jpg

The Treaty of Halmstad - the handover of the Danish treasury was still disputed at that time.
All in all, the 5 year war had ended extremely successfully for the Teutons and is remembered with much joy and glory by the men of the Order.

Last edited:
Comrade Grandmeister can had "Master of the Baltic" to his titles. Where next, tovarich?

Good war, nice BB, and sorry about the Catholics, we'll have to see about them!!! :rofl:
Thank you, thank you, and you'd better.:p

Comrade Grandmeister can had "Master of the Baltic" to his titles. Where next, tovarich?
I shall only give titles to Hochmeisters when they are elected from now on. I'd better try to keep a running tally of them!:D
Where to next? Let's just pretend I've got something planned; yes, let's go with that.

I can't imagine the Swedes being too happy about this, they'll think they are going to be next :D
They probably won't be, I have Military Access. I may target Poland, but they're rather big right now.

Thank you all, dedicated readers, I'm glad to have you all tagging along so far. I may get an update ready on Tuesday, but if not I doubt there'll be one until after the 22nd - I have 10 exams coming up over 5 days.:eek:

~Part 7~
In which a man attains renown
On the 1st of May, 1416 the 1st Großinspektion was held, in which the victorious armies were surveyed by General von Roth-Rösthof himself, as Hochmeister Albrecht I was away. The 7000 men arrayed in the square of Halmstad looked beaten and bruised; the marks of war were evident. They had been allowed feast and drink for two days before - most of them drank great amounts of Grøg and Ale when the campaign was over. The army was also sorely depleted: many the regiments assembled were at a third of their numbers, and 6000 men were missing from the ranks. Whether they were dead or getting more drunk was uncertain, but nevertheless they were not there.
The reason for Hochmeister Albrecht's absence from the review was one of much greater importance, and so we shall spend much greater time on it. In the city of Odense a ceremony was being held, at which the wealth earned from the campaign was presented before the Hochmeister by the campaign advisor, a skilled administrator and diplomat who was known by the name of Albrecht von Richtenberg.
He read out the list of conquests to the Hochmeister and when he was finished rolled it up with the flourish that only skilled diplomats have. To mark the new conquests, it was traditional for the victorious general to make a speech; he now rose from his wooden seat in the Halls of Odense and stood. Ceremonial armour and robes on, he was an impressive sight, in the way that only the Most Catholic Lord Hochmeister of Reval, General over the Order of the Teutonic Knights of St. Mary's Hospital in Jerusalem and the Archbishopric of Riga can be. He opened his mouth to intone something grand, and silence swept across the assembled courtesans and diplomats from all across the nation and beyond.
"It is my deep honour to have been entitl'd to speak these words on behalf of the men who fought for these Halls and this Land. Many of our brave Knights were slain in the glorious fighting around the Teutonic Order and in Denmark, so it is only fitting that this ceremony be held in the halls they captured.
As the territory we have captured is so vast, it would be prudent to appoint someone to administrate the provinces without aggravating our new neighbours. I have asked the Lord for guidance on the matter of a representative and decided that this is the right man for the task.
"Albrecht von Richtenberg, please step forward."
There was a murmur of surprise (as there is for any decision of importance) among the courtiers, and the diplomat in question was ejected from the crowds, a look of dumbfounded surprise on his face.
"Albrecht von Richtenberg, do you believe you have the qualities necessary to lead these provinces, to represent the best wishes of the Teutonic Order in all matters, and to always defer to the judgement of your Hochmeister, whomever it may be?"
"Uh, um, yes m'lord."
"Then I hereby appoint you, Albrecht von Richtenburg, as the Viceroy of Fyn and the Danish provinces. May your governance be just, enlighten'd, and bless'd."
The entire court suddenly burst into tumultuous applause as the diplomat became the 2nd most important man in the Order.

vonrichtenburg.jpg

I am fully aware that the above update started and ended on Wednesday the 1st. :D

Last edited:
I wonder if the uh um is hesitancy or fear........... :rofl::rofl:
It was originally just surprise: now it's all 3!:D

You can probably expect to see more of the Viceroy in later updates.;) No promises, as my last update is literally as far as I've played. I minimise EU3 every now and then to type more sentences into Microsoft Word, so it's constantly being updated. That's why my updates have so much detail about the game. It ends up reading well but slowly, and very little gameplay is really done.

He is a viceroy with certain diplomatic skills. Or.. something like that.
Also, after giving it a few moments of thought, titles 'Danesbane' and 'The Holiest Placer of Diplomatic Viceroys(, Most Importantly the One of Fyn and Danish Provinces)' (THPoDVMItOoFaDP works too) should be added, never mind your silly policy!

He is a diplomat, not a viceroy?
Only bad can come out of this.:D
But he's such a friendly man... a little more confidence would be nice.;):D

He is a viceroy with certain diplomatic skills. Or.. something like that.
Something like that.

:wacko:

Also, after giving it a few moments of thought, titles 'Danesbane' and 'The Holiest Placer of Diplomatic Viceroys(, Most Importantly the One of Fyn and Danish Provinces)' (THPoDVMItOoFaDP works too) should be added, never mind your silly policy!

But then I'd end up with xsbane every time I conquer a HRE state...
and I don't like that insanely long title; too much to type each time.:p

The Baltic has truly become a Teuton Sea! Never again, the Scans, Danes, Swedes, and Russians will have this sea to be their own! Kick Denmark off the face of the earth!

Excellent stuff! ;)

Great read! I knew this was the perfect country for you do a AAR on.