• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jonlucero

El Captain
44 Badges
Apr 28, 2008
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities in Motion
kingssmall.jpg

Die Österreich Throne's Tale

eu34.jpg

Ich bin Albrecht V, it is my 5th day as the Austrian Monarch, it is also the turn of the 17th century. Thanks to my Great, great, great, great, great, grand Daddy, King Albrecht IV, and other previous rulers that have sat on this rusty, old chair otherwise called as "Die Österreich Throne," I now control most of central germany.

Standing before you is an army of 12 regiments. The other, 138 regiments are either chasing rebels around my backyard or making sure rebels don't get a chance to stand up in the first place.

The former kings have "mercilessly" favored Land warfare (most N.I. are Land warfare modifiers) and they have totally disregarded naval technology, except for King Maximilian I, the only ruler who never ever went to war. He helplessly built 14 caravels and 10 transports. Of the 14, 12 got sunk by 24 Ottoman-galleys in one battle during the 3rd War of Austrian Aggression against the Ottoman Empire (Ottoman Empire, Serbia, Bosnia, various Khagnates and allies), a campaign led by my predecessor King Friedrich V.

The 10 transports would eventually send off 30,000 men to Cornwal. Before King Maximilian I took throne, King Karl II Joseph thought that the ever present Great Britain in Europe was a grave threat to Austria having had one of the largest armies along with Spain, The Papal Estates, some eastern nations such as Lithuania and the Ottoman Empire. During the 2nd War of Austrian Aggression (King Karl II Joseph) at which GB was an enemy, he grabbed to chance to let GB release Cornwal, and consequently King Karl II Joseph vassalized Cornwal. Right now, I have an army waiting to invade GB should I decide to push the "Are sure you want to Declare War on GB yadiyadiya?" [I do] button.

Before I move on to sharing about my neighbors, esp. France, have a kitkat; Have a break, Have a Kitkat.

eu33.jpg

The list of Former Austrian Kings

marchoverthebelt.jpg

The 12 Army Regiments

kitkat.jpg

Kitkat

Last edited:
This is ehm, 'different', is it basically a retrospective look at Albrecht's reign?

Kitkats are good. :)

Off to Cornwall eh?

"It is not a question; whether I have good neighbors, but rather it is a question of how big my bad neighbors are," this was the line my great great great great great great grand daddy, Albrecht V said of his neighbors back in 1400. He feared how Hungary was bigger than his Austria. He concluded if he (and probably other smaller states back then) feared a big Hungary, many too will fear a big Austria. So, all that succeeded his throne made every effort to link each and every german state. That and with this in mind, " Always through peaceful means."

For the past two decades the rulers of Hamburg, Mecklenberg, Magdeburg, Oldenburg, Hannover, Thuringuria, Hesse, Anhalt, Meissen, Saxony, The Palatinate, Ansbach, Wurrtemberg, Baden, Alsace, Salzburg, Gelre have bowed down the Kings of Austria through difficult but peaceful "Anschluss" (annexations/ diplo-annex/ yes, all the -1 decentralizations).

The "crazy" rulers of Brandenburg, Bavaria, on the other hand, were rather "forced" to capitulate. We kept that to a minimum. Hainut, Luxemburg, and Switzerland were controlled by the French so we "liberated them." That sums up the history of my Big White Kingdom. Also, if you noticed, the remaining german states are lead by archbishops, no way of Diplo-annexing.

kings.jpg

An artist's depiction of the continuous annexations done by Austrian monarchs c. 1590. The former Kings turned into Dukes of Vassals and soon into mere nobles in the Austrian aristocracy
1 - The Former King of Baden, King Bernhard II, the first to succum Austrian Annexation.
2 - The old King Ludwig of Anhalt. He was a cousin to Austria's King Maximilian I.
3 - This King holding on to his crown, is most likely the King of Brabant, the king of the largest remaining german states.
4 - The King of Pommenaria, King Carloman, he was against Austrian Annexation, but his kingdom was annexed after declaring war against Austria. Whispering, he warns Brabant of the same fate. He is only remembered for his bald head, which would go through his crown, and the demise of Pommenaria.
5 - The Austrian Monach watches all the fiasco.

To my east, Lithuania, IT recently ate up Poland. Actually, it inherited Poland. Should I be worried? Of course! If Austria plans to unite all of germany, we will have to invade Lithuania to gain Prussian lands from them. But perhaps I'll leave that to my successor, eh? I plan to just assimilate the remaining german states on the Flemish side.

The Ottoman Empire. The OE have been expanding eastwards gaining alot of manpower whilst doing so. King Karl II Joseph, was adviced to take Transylvania from the Turks, which was surprising as Transylvania was pretty far from Austria, Austria->Hungary->Transylvania. Still, Karl II Joseph waged war against the OE in the 1st war of Austrian Aggression like a virgin (You know, touched for the very first time?hahaha familiar?) sending about 100,000 troops against the Turks (Everybody knows them Ottoman guys are magicians, we coudn't take any chances). While he was successful, he just couldn't cross the Sea of Marmora as the turks would block them using their navy. The invasion of OE was put to a halt (The price of neglecting the Navy). Nevertheless, OE's european territories were totally under the Austrian Army. Because the war had practically reached a dead end, we just had to stop it. Karl II Joseph demanded Oltenia (part of Transylvania) and Athens. That satisfied the aristocrats who wanted the OE out of Transylvania. We kings sometimes fear all these aristocrats (even if we are one,ha ha ha) remember all the Kings we displaced by annexing their lands, they still posses a good number of supporters. The success of the 1st war of Austian Aggression made Wein (Vienna) a city of boundless celebrations, ceaseless re-enactments, and unending banquets. King Karl II Joseph would die days after the peace treaty over eating too much; He died Proud.

Note: Remember King Maximilian I? Successor to Karl II Joseph? He realized (from the previous war)the consequences of having a No-Navy Navy. That's why he created the caravels and some transports. Maximilian's successes would included annexing Anhalt and becoming Holy Roman Emperor, sadly he died 34 days before his 1st anniversary as the Holy Roman Emperor... oh, let's not forget for building the Austrian Navy, however pathetic; 14 caravels and 10 transports (who knows how much negative morale the navy was getting)

peacedeal.jpg

Created by an artist known only by "J" /ya/. It shows his vision of the peacedeal between Karl II Joseph and the Ottoman Empire Sultan, Mehmed III. Portayed is both Oltenia and Athens being given to Austrians.

hre.jpg

King Maximilian's reign as Holy Roman Emperor.

Apparently, I'm not Holy Roman Emperor. I need a break...

before I get le' choclat, as you see the art use may seem very absurd, very far from 16th century neoclassicism. It's the turn of the 17th century as I said, and art has also evolved, while artists in France, GB, Papal Estates, etc etc have adopted Baroque or Baroco, we, Austrians have started our own evolution of art, it is called, MS Paintilism. They have discovered new ways of art through the use of Microsoft's creative software, Paint.

--------------------------------------------
Kitkats are good. :)

Off to Cornwall eh?

I'm considering that, along with another war against OE, or invading Lithuania, and even war against spain..:)The problem with cornwall is that I have only 30,000 troops there, I can't transport any more men there if I have to because my navy is almost non-existent. :rofl:

This one seems interesting. Specially for the kitkats.
Kitkats make everything interesting (j/k) xD

Thanks!:):):)

Last edited:
To the south, Italy. Over the course of history, the Holy See have made it clear that they own the entire italian peninsula. Lo and behold, after years of struggle against some Italian minors, The Papal State owns Italy. There have been many times before when Austria and the Pope had bad relationships, this resulted with King Karl II Joseph and King Friedrich's excommunications (King Karl II Joseph by Pommenaria; King Friedrich by Spain). In fact, ever since 1412 in the reign of King Albrecht IV, we would be defending northern italian minors from approx. eight (8) Papal Aggressions. But that doesn't mean the Papacy and Austria haven't been in good terms. We were but only for a couple of decades but tensions would almost instantly rise up again. Ok, so that practically counted as nothing.

To the west, France, ruled by Gastone II. Many moons ago, they were the mightiest, one of the biggest, and bluest nation in Europe. That all changed when they decided to expand eastwards. Yes, towards us. But before I get into the French details, let us review what exactly happened to Burgundy.

Burgundy. When my great great great great great whatever grand daddy, Albrecht IV took seat as the Holy Roman Emperor in 1408, his first call to arms was from Hainut, apparently, because of burgundian aggression. Stories of today tell he barely had 10 regiments back then and that his generals would assure him that these regiments consisted of highly trained and disciplined troops across Austria. Grand daddy was still in doubt if his army was good enough against the burgundians. They went to war. Luckily, Burgundy's armies were in Hainut busy sieging the city of Mons and fending off another ally, Brabant. Burgundy's capital was left with a diminutive sized army to defend it. We easily captured it along with their cities in Nevers and Franche-Comte. That made them surrender.

They had previously captured and imprisoned the Hainut King, King Albert. Ergo, part of the peacedeal was to free him and his kingdom. Nevers was also released as an independent nation. Yay! for the Holy Roman Emperor!

Note: King Albrecht IV, would also defend Luneburg from Danish Agression a war that lasted 7 years, and defend Milan from the first war of papal aggression as Holy Roman Emperor. He is also remembered for calling the need for a bigger Austria and being a nacroleptic during his older years. He died in 1420 while taking a bubble bath; he fell asleep.

burgundy.jpg

A chart showing Burgundy threat levels. added: 2.11.09

to be con't.. burgundy..

Last edited:
Created by an artist known only by "J" /ya/. It shows his vision of the peacedeal between Karl II Joseph and the Ottoman Empire Sultan, Mehmed III. Portayed is both Oltenia and Athens being given to Austrians.

I Loled.

BTW, you should annex Bohemia. I know that they are in Slavic group, but there was always significant German minority and their inclusion into HRE means that you can consider them at least nominally a German state. Come on, Austrian rulers know that they want another king crown on their heads....

Those MS paintings are so hilarious :rofl:.

Thanks!:D

I Loled.

BTW, you should annex Bohemia. I know that they are in Slavic group, but there was always significant German minority and their inclusion into HRE means that you can consider them at least nominally a German state. Come on, Austrian rulers know that they want another king crown on their heads....

I was saving them for later just to keep lithuania away from our borders, but i guess that's pointless as poland just got inherited by lithuania..:D I'm mighty glad your enjoying..;)

Good graph :) Always nice to see Burgundy be reduced

haha glad you guys like those, i'll have to finish the story with the use of the screens left, i accidentally overwrote the savefile..:(