+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 53 78 103 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 2403

Thread: Leadermodifications for 1.06

  1. #541
    Lord of the Leaders birch23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,937
    Originally posted by Frodon
    Dietl joined the NSDAP in 1919 when it still was the Deutschen Arbeiterpartei
    OOOPS..that's right I forgot that.I knew there was a special reason why he sprung to my memory after I made the first list.He was a NS...
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

    RESEARCH: Armageddon-Doomsday-HOI2-HOI
    Beta: Armageddon-Doomsday-Hoi2

  2. #542
    Lord of the Leaders birch23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,937
    Originally posted by Lunar
    You must decide SOME of it, c'mon I hate being wrong.
    I advice him...he decides...you're wrong... PS:I do the hard work.....
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

    RESEARCH: Armageddon-Doomsday-HOI2-HOI
    Beta: Armageddon-Doomsday-Hoi2

  3. #543
    Field Marshal Lunar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,817
    What is wrong with the current Italian propaganda poster? If you want a symbolic one, this one might do the trick. It's using Roman Art of the goddess of war, behind the statue is a black bundle of reeds tied together with an axe. This was a symbol of authority in Roman times and was adopted as the official embelm of the Italian Fascist Regime.
    Last edited by Lunar; 01-08-2003 at 02:46.

  4. #544
    Existentialism On Prom Night Burris's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,933
    I think in Beck's coup he would've actually had the immediate top tier leaders executed at once, and arrested all the others and hand them over to the allies at an oppurtuned time.
    Take dead aim on the rich boys
    Get them in the crosshairs.. and take them down.

  5. #545
    Existentialism On Prom Night Burris's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,933
    In case you dont get my email birch:

    All of those guys you added for Afghanistan besides Wali Khan were dead at least a decade or two before WWII.
    Take dead aim on the rich boys
    Get them in the crosshairs.. and take them down.

  6. #546
    Lord of the Leaders birch23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,937
    Originally posted by Lunar
    What is wrong with the current Italian propaganda poster? If you want a symbolic one, this one might do the trick. It's using Roman Art of the goddess of war, behind the statue is a black bundle of reeds tied together with an axe. This was a symbol of authority in Roman times and was adopted as the official embelm of the Italian Fascist Regime.
    actually there's nothing wrong with the present one,except that it is dull.... so I kind of thought a better one could be found,we can make something out of that one you found,with Duce coat of arms etc.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

    RESEARCH: Armageddon-Doomsday-HOI2-HOI
    Beta: Armageddon-Doomsday-Hoi2

  7. #547
    Lord of the Leaders birch23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,937
    Originally posted by Burris
    I think in Beck's coup he would've actually had the immediate top tier leaders executed at once, and arrested all the others and hand them over to the allies at an oppurtuned time.
    That's speculation of which we will never know... Instead it was the other way around because they were a dreadfull bunch of amateurs.Just look at the pics of those guys.....they did not stand a chanche against the hardened criminals of the Reich
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

    RESEARCH: Armageddon-Doomsday-HOI2-HOI
    Beta: Armageddon-Doomsday-Hoi2

  8. #548
    Lord of the Leaders birch23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,937
    Originally posted by Burris
    In case you dont get my email birch:

    All of those guys you added for Afghanistan besides Wali Khan were dead at least a decade or two before WWII.
    oh well...we will find others then,they will however stay till I get around to Afghanistan again...are you sure about the Habibulla (not the King) guy,,I think the pic said 1932...it's a shame it is such a good afghan pic...
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

    RESEARCH: Armageddon-Doomsday-HOI2-HOI
    Beta: Armageddon-Doomsday-Hoi2

  9. #549
    Lord of the Leaders birch23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,937
    Argentine csv and ministers slightly rewritten and sent
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

    RESEARCH: Armageddon-Doomsday-HOI2-HOI
    Beta: Armageddon-Doomsday-Hoi2

  10. #550
    Aerandir Eärfalas Vulture's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi
    Rome: Vae VictisV2 BetaEU Rome Collectors EditionHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Antwerpen: 't Stad. En al de rest is parking.
    Posts
    31,960
    Originally posted by birch23
    Great...but actually I was in the midst of writing another message when the server broke down.I was thinking if someone like Dietl would have been kept by an Old Firm Gov...not that he was NS..he had just proven to loyal towards the Führer

    btw.It will mean a littel rewrite of the political standpoints in the ministers list...should I do such a thing?
    I haven't done the changes yet... Good it seems.

    If you mean to rewrite the political standpoints of the ministers, do so, but post them here, I'll do the changes then to the files.

    Discuss a bit further, I will then add them to the event later.
    Give me a definite list
    Omnia si perdis, famam servare memento
    Semper prorsum numquam retrorsum


    More spam, you die! Horribly, horribly!

  11. #551
    Lord of the Leaders birch23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,937
    Originally posted by Vulture
    I haven't done the changes yet... Good it seems.

    If you mean to rewrite the political standpoints of the ministers, do so, but post them here, I'll do the changes then to the files.

    Discuss a bit further, I will then add them to the event later.
    Give me a definite list
    Okay will do...nah I was more thinking of rewriting along the line you now should have seen,although it will probably mean the change of a few ministers traits/political standpoint.

    What is the percentage chanche that the German putsch actually will have success?

    And Austria rewritten and sent with 15 pics.-
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

    RESEARCH: Armageddon-Doomsday-HOI2-HOI
    Beta: Armageddon-Doomsday-Hoi2

  12. #552
    Existentialism On Prom Night Burris's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,933
    Originally posted by birch23
    oh well...we will find others then,they will however stay till I get around to Afghanistan again...are you sure about the Habibulla (not the King) guy,,I think the pic said 1932...it's a shame it is such a good afghan pic...
    Habibulla was king for around two months then he was executed.

    Habibullah Khan;280006;AFG;2;528;1;0;2;0;khan_habibullah_afg; x

    Died in 1919

    Akbar Khan;280000;AFG;2;1;1;0;3;0;akbar_wazir_afg;x

    I believe this was a nickname for the same man I mentioned above...

    Kalakhani;280009;AFG;3;16;1;0;3;0;kalakhani_habibu lla_afg;x

    Died in the 20's was king for like two months

    Abdul Karim was a person from the Soviet war 30 years later..

    Sorry, if these guys end up making it in i'll edit them out as soon as I get the file.. :-/

    We still have to do something about Amanullah.

    The other problem is HOW would they install Amanullah as a democratic government when he was living in Italy? Its simply impossible to even consider him to be the democratic government.

    They also have way to many replacements as most of them wouldn't even be part of these roles.

    Sorry if im being critical :-/ but its how I see it.
    Take dead aim on the rich boys
    Get them in the crosshairs.. and take them down.

  13. #553
    Existentialism On Prom Night Burris's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,933
    Von Reichnau would've been gone simply becuase he ratted out Beck the first time.
    Take dead aim on the rich boys
    Get them in the crosshairs.. and take them down.

  14. #554
    VIP Brigade Leader JRaup's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    3,467
    Originally posted by Frodon

    Seriously, it all boils down to which year the coup was staged. Early in the war, both Rudel and Galland were junior officers. They would probably remain in their junior command, since they were both popular heroes, but I guess their promotion prospects wouldn't be too bright. I suggest we keep them both and just purge senior generals.
    I'm in agreement with this. It does depend on when the coup happens. Prior to 1944, the players are different, and who stays and who goes are also different. By 1944, many of those listed are effectively "out of it." Having been removed from command, like von Witzlben, or in remote postings (usually East front). Two of those most commonly mentioned, beyond the conspirators themselves, were von Rundstadt and Canaris. Von Rundstadt stated he wouldn't actively support a coup, but also wouldn't oppose one either. his popularity in the Army was such that he was virtually untouchable. Which is why he survived Hitler's purge after the plot failed. Compared to Rommel, who's star had fallen enough that he was given "the choice." Canaris took a similar line to von Rundstadt, but was on the outs with Adolf (and particularly Himmler), that he gets executed for his inaction.

  15. #555
    Field Marshal

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    4,416
    Blog Entries
    9

    Romania has problems with its ministers

    The minister section is very strange. You have the same minister twice in the same section (Madgearu, for example), the same minister with a little name difference (Ion Antonescu and Ion V. Antonescu...I'm not speaking about Victor Antonescu btw...which has no picture, which is weird, considering that he has one as a leader), wrong traits for his office (the navy has one minister with the decisive battle trait for airbattles)

    PS. I really like the new propaganda flag for Romania....St.Michael
    The thing is, whatever you do, never listen to Alexandru's advice (Velko)
    I like it how your advice on these topics alternates from brilliant to suicidal (Alexander Seil)
    I like to think of Alexandru as more of a creepy old Romanian pervert spying on 17 year olds (Mordhiem)
    This is quite possibly the most wrong thing I've read on this forum, and that includes the occasional calls for brutal eugenetic pogroms that crop up from time to time (The Patrician)
    We will glorify war -the world's only hygiene - militarism, patriotism, the destructive gesture of freedom-bringers, beautiful ideas worth dying for, and scorn for woman. (The Futurist Manifesto)


  16. #556
    Lord of the Leaders birch23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,937
    Originally posted by Burris
    Habibulla was king for around two months then he was executed.

    Habibullah Khan;280006;AFG;2;528;1;0;2;0;khan_habibullah_afg; x

    Died in 1919

    Akbar Khan;280000;AFG;2;1;1;0;3;0;akbar_wazir_afg;x

    I believe this was a nickname for the same man I mentioned above...

    Kalakhani;280009;AFG;3;16;1;0;3;0;kalakhani_habibu lla_afg;x

    Died in the 20's was king for like two months

    Abdul Karim was a person from the Soviet war 30 years later..

    Sorry, if these guys end up making it in i'll edit them out as soon as I get the file.. :-/

    We still have to do something about Amanullah.

    The other problem is HOW would they install Amanullah as a democratic government when he was living in Italy? Its simply impossible to even consider him to be the democratic government.

    They also have way to many replacements as most of them wouldn't even be part of these roles.

    Sorry if im being critical :-/ but its how I see it.
    I have said once that I will remove the dead when I come around to Afghanistan again.

    The democratic government are there only for gamesake so if you play another country you can coup Afghanistan.It has no other purpose actually,unless you choose to use cheat and install another gov.(event 1150 as I recall)

    The Replacements are there for game sake,we are pursuing Frodon's idea about having a minister replacement with each trait for each ministry,to give the player some options to choose from.
    Last edited by birch23; 02-08-2003 at 06:01.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

    RESEARCH: Armageddon-Doomsday-HOI2-HOI
    Beta: Armageddon-Doomsday-Hoi2

  17. #557
    Lord of the Leaders birch23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,937
    Originally posted by JRaup
    I'm in agreement with this. It does depend on when the coup happens. Prior to 1944, the players are different, and who stays and who goes are also different. By 1944, many of those listed are effectively "out of it." Having been removed from command, like von Witzlben, or in remote postings (usually East front). Two of those most commonly mentioned, beyond the conspirators themselves, were von Rundstadt and Canaris. Von Rundstadt stated he wouldn't actively support a coup, but also wouldn't oppose one either. his popularity in the Army was such that he was virtually untouchable. Which is why he survived Hitler's purge after the plot failed. Compared to Rommel, who's star had fallen enough that he was given "the choice." Canaris took a similar line to von Rundstadt, but was on the outs with Adolf (and particularly Himmler), that he gets executed for his inaction.
    The only problem in Frodon's suggestion is that it will still leave quite a no.of SS and pro regime generals within the file.von Rundstedt was like Manstein a.o.they had severe trouble personally morally to support a coup because it meant going back on their oath.

    Canaris opposed Hitler from day 1,but he preferred to play hiw own little game.He commited high treason when he warned Sas (Holland) about the upcoming invasion,and the same with Lunding (Denmark).It is one of the greater mysteries of the Reich why he wasn't removed way before 20th.July.There were replacements enough. (Schellenberg to mention one)
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

    RESEARCH: Armageddon-Doomsday-HOI2-HOI
    Beta: Armageddon-Doomsday-Hoi2

  18. #558
    Lord of the Leaders birch23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: Romania has problems with its ministers

    Originally posted by Alexandru H.
    The minister section is very strange. You have the same minister twice in the same section (Madgearu, for example), the same minister with a little name difference (Ion Antonescu and Ion V. Antonescu...I'm not speaking about Victor Antonescu btw...which has no picture, which is weird, considering that he has one as a leader), wrong traits for his office (the navy has one minister with the decisive battle trait for airbattles)

    PS. I really like the new propaganda flag for Romania....St.Michael
    Thank you,yes I'm aware about the problems in the Romanian minister file.It will be edited soon.,...and a lot more pics will be added...In fact I'm editing the CLOSED ministers files right now.It will be attended to...

    Glad you liked the Romanian propaganda.It was Frodon who found that one.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

    RESEARCH: Armageddon-Doomsday-HOI2-HOI
    Beta: Armageddon-Doomsday-Hoi2

  19. #559
    Lord of the Leaders birch23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,937
    Australia csv and ministers edited and sent
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

    RESEARCH: Armageddon-Doomsday-HOI2-HOI
    Beta: Armageddon-Doomsday-Hoi2

  20. #560
    Lord of the Leaders birch23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,937

    Dibo

    Dibo.have you found some minor Russians for Tannu yet?

    and/or the pics of those HEoI I still have waiting on the line...

    and where do you see the stamp mark on the propaganda?----I might be growing blind on my old days....
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

    RESEARCH: Armageddon-Doomsday-HOI2-HOI
    Beta: Armageddon-Doomsday-Hoi2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 53 78 103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts