• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Frodon
Dietl joined the NSDAP in 1919 when it still was the Deutschen Arbeiterpartei

OOOPS..that's right I forgot that.I knew there was a special reason why he sprung to my memory after I made the first list.He was a NS...:)

Originally posted by Lunar
You must decide SOME of it, c'mon I hate being wrong.

I advice him...he decides...you're wrong...:) PS:I do the hard work.....:)

What is wrong with the current Italian propaganda poster? If you want a symbolic one, this one might do the trick. It's using Roman Art of the goddess of war, behind the statue is a black bundle of reeds tied together with an axe. This was a symbol of authority in Roman times and was adopted as the official embelm of the Italian Fascist Regime.

Last edited:
I think in Beck's coup he would've actually had the immediate top tier leaders executed at once, and arrested all the others and hand them over to the allies at an oppurtuned time.

In case you dont get my email birch:

All of those guys you added for Afghanistan besides Wali Khan were dead at least a decade or two before WWII.

Originally posted by Lunar
What is wrong with the current Italian propaganda poster? If you want a symbolic one, this one might do the trick. It's using Roman Art of the goddess of war, behind the statue is a black bundle of reeds tied together with an axe. This was a symbol of authority in Roman times and was adopted as the official embelm of the Italian Fascist Regime.

actually there's nothing wrong with the present one,except that it is dull....:eek: :D so I kind of thought a better one could be found,we can make something out of that one you found,with Duce coat of arms etc.

Originally posted by Burris
I think in Beck's coup he would've actually had the immediate top tier leaders executed at once, and arrested all the others and hand them over to the allies at an oppurtuned time.

That's speculation of which we will never know...:) Instead it was the other way around because they were a dreadfull bunch of amateurs.Just look at the pics of those guys.....they did not stand a chanche against the hardened criminals of the Reich

In case you dont get my email birch:

All of those guys you added for Afghanistan besides Wali Khan were dead at least a decade or two before WWII.

oh well...we will find others then,they will however stay till I get around to Afghanistan again...are you sure about the Habibulla (not the King) guy,,I think the pic said 1932...it's a shame it is such a good afghan pic...:)

Originally posted by birch23
Great...but actually I was in the midst of writing another message when the server broke down.I was thinking if someone like Dietl would have been kept by an Old Firm Gov...not that he was NS..he had just proven to loyal towards the Führer

btw.It will mean a littel rewrite of the political standpoints in the ministers list...should I do such a thing?

I haven't done the changes yet... Good it seems.

If you mean to rewrite the political standpoints of the ministers, do so, but post them here, I'll do the changes then to the files.

Discuss a bit further, I will then add them to the event later.
Give me a definite list

Originally posted by Vulture
I haven't done the changes yet... Good it seems.

If you mean to rewrite the political standpoints of the ministers, do so, but post them here, I'll do the changes then to the files.

Discuss a bit further, I will then add them to the event later.
Give me a definite list

Okay will do...nah I was more thinking of rewriting along the line you now should have seen,although it will probably mean the change of a few ministers traits/political standpoint.

What is the percentage chanche that the German putsch actually will have success?

And Austria rewritten and sent with 15 pics.-

Originally posted by birch23
oh well...we will find others then,they will however stay till I get around to Afghanistan again...are you sure about the Habibulla (not the King) guy,,I think the pic said 1932...it's a shame it is such a good afghan pic...:)

Habibulla was king for around two months then he was executed.

Habibullah Khan;280006;AFG;2;528;1;0;2;0;khan_habibullah_afg;x

Died in 1919

Akbar Khan;280000;AFG;2;1;1;0;3;0;akbar_wazir_afg;x

I believe this was a nickname for the same man I mentioned above...

Kalakhani;280009;AFG;3;16;1;0;3;0;kalakhani_habibulla_afg;x

Died in the 20's was king for like two months

Abdul Karim was a person from the Soviet war 30 years later..

Sorry, if these guys end up making it in i'll edit them out as soon as I get the file.. :-/

We still have to do something about Amanullah.

The other problem is HOW would they install Amanullah as a democratic government when he was living in Italy? Its simply impossible to even consider him to be the democratic government.

They also have way to many replacements as most of them wouldn't even be part of these roles.

Sorry if im being critical :-/ but its how I see it.

Originally posted by Frodon

Seriously, it all boils down to which year the coup was staged. Early in the war, both Rudel and Galland were junior officers. They would probably remain in their junior command, since they were both popular heroes, but I guess their promotion prospects wouldn't be too bright. I suggest we keep them both and just purge senior generals.

I'm in agreement with this. It does depend on when the coup happens. Prior to 1944, the players are different, and who stays and who goes are also different. By 1944, many of those listed are effectively "out of it." Having been removed from command, like von Witzlben, or in remote postings (usually East front). Two of those most commonly mentioned, beyond the conspirators themselves, were von Rundstadt and Canaris. Von Rundstadt stated he wouldn't actively support a coup, but also wouldn't oppose one either. his popularity in the Army was such that he was virtually untouchable. Which is why he survived Hitler's purge after the plot failed. Compared to Rommel, who's star had fallen enough that he was given "the choice." Canaris took a similar line to von Rundstadt, but was on the outs with Adolf (and particularly Himmler), that he gets executed for his inaction.

Romania has problems with its ministers

The minister section is very strange. You have the same minister twice in the same section (Madgearu, for example), the same minister with a little name difference (Ion Antonescu and Ion V. Antonescu...I'm not speaking about Victor Antonescu btw...which has no picture, which is weird, considering that he has one as a leader), wrong traits for his office (the navy has one minister with the decisive battle trait for airbattles)

PS. I really like the new propaganda flag for Romania....St.Michael

Habibulla was king for around two months then he was executed.

Habibullah Khan;280006;AFG;2;528;1;0;2;0;khan_habibullah_afg;x

Died in 1919

Akbar Khan;280000;AFG;2;1;1;0;3;0;akbar_wazir_afg;x

I believe this was a nickname for the same man I mentioned above...

Kalakhani;280009;AFG;3;16;1;0;3;0;kalakhani_habibulla_afg;x

Died in the 20's was king for like two months

Abdul Karim was a person from the Soviet war 30 years later..

Sorry, if these guys end up making it in i'll edit them out as soon as I get the file.. :-/

We still have to do something about Amanullah.

The other problem is HOW would they install Amanullah as a democratic government when he was living in Italy? Its simply impossible to even consider him to be the democratic government.

They also have way to many replacements as most of them wouldn't even be part of these roles.

Sorry if im being critical :-/ but its how I see it.

I have said once that I will remove the dead when I come around to Afghanistan again.

The democratic government are there only for gamesake so if you play another country you can coup Afghanistan.It has no other purpose actually,unless you choose to use cheat and install another gov.(event 1150 as I recall)

The Replacements are there for game sake,we are pursuing Frodon's idea about having a minister replacement with each trait for each ministry,to give the player some options to choose from.

Last edited:
Originally posted by JRaup
I'm in agreement with this. It does depend on when the coup happens. Prior to 1944, the players are different, and who stays and who goes are also different. By 1944, many of those listed are effectively "out of it." Having been removed from command, like von Witzlben, or in remote postings (usually East front). Two of those most commonly mentioned, beyond the conspirators themselves, were von Rundstadt and Canaris. Von Rundstadt stated he wouldn't actively support a coup, but also wouldn't oppose one either. his popularity in the Army was such that he was virtually untouchable. Which is why he survived Hitler's purge after the plot failed. Compared to Rommel, who's star had fallen enough that he was given "the choice." Canaris took a similar line to von Rundstadt, but was on the outs with Adolf (and particularly Himmler), that he gets executed for his inaction.

The only problem in Frodon's suggestion is that it will still leave quite a no.of SS and pro regime generals within the file.von Rundstedt was like Manstein a.o.they had severe trouble personally morally to support a coup because it meant going back on their oath.

Canaris opposed Hitler from day 1,but he preferred to play hiw own little game.He commited high treason when he warned Sas (Holland) about the upcoming invasion,and the same with Lunding (Denmark).It is one of the greater mysteries of the Reich why he wasn't removed way before 20th.July.There were replacements enough. (Schellenberg to mention one)

Re: Romania has problems with its ministers

Originally posted by Alexandru H.
The minister section is very strange. You have the same minister twice in the same section (Madgearu, for example), the same minister with a little name difference (Ion Antonescu and Ion V. Antonescu...I'm not speaking about Victor Antonescu btw...which has no picture, which is weird, considering that he has one as a leader), wrong traits for his office (the navy has one minister with the decisive battle trait for airbattles)

PS. I really like the new propaganda flag for Romania....St.Michael

Thank you,yes I'm aware about the problems in the Romanian minister file.It will be edited soon.,...and a lot more pics will be added...:)In fact I'm editing the CLOSED ministers files right now.It will be attended to...:)

Glad you liked the Romanian propaganda.It was Frodon who found that one.

Dibo

Dibo.have you found some minor Russians for Tannu yet?

and/or the pics of those HEoI I still have waiting on the line...:)

and where do you see the stamp mark on the propaganda?----I might be growing blind on my old days....:)