• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Halibutt
Birch, two questions:
- do you have a compiled version of polish leaders file with all the recent additions? If so, then please send it back to me for some final touches (namely: id cleaning, pic hunting, traits and skills revising and - last but not least - ranks, ranks, ranks...). I think I'll go with the number of troops under command criterium - if a guy was a full general, but commanded only a mere division, I'll make him mj.gen. If he commanded a corps - he'll be a lt.gen. Marshalls reserved for CiCs and front commanders.

- could you take a look at Korfanty in my ministers file? This line still gives me a database mismatch and I'm unsure whether it's a problem with the "Korfanty dies" event or with the ministers file itself.
Cheers

i haven't updated the Polish file yet..been busy with units etc.But I will soon and then I will send it to you for correction.I will take a look at the Korfanty line(which I have not added yet.....:D

Did he actually conduct any succesful operation in his lifetime?
Cheers

EDIT/ Birch, do you have pics of the following german generals?
von Fritsch
Hauffe
Kurt Renner
Kutschera
Kurt Kalmukoff
Willi Schneckenburger
Horst von Wolff
Erich Balla
Georg von Priem
Otto Obenaus
Alexander von Falkenhausen

I was thinking of a set of flavour events covering the partisan hunting for generals in occupied Europe and thought that maybe you could add them so that I could smithen them in C.O.R.E....
Cheers

yes unfortunately for a lot of people I think you can safely say that Heini conducted one succesfull operation in his life...:mad:

Nope I don't have pics of the above mentioned.But get them and I will add them(Fritsch probably not he was out in the HOI era)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another Idea about Poland

You mean that there is no way a country can be added to the game? Then you're wrong (look for RSI or Egypt in CORE).

If you mean that the community cannot translate the description, then you're wrong again as there are speakers of most languages you can think of here on this forum.

Or perhaps you mean something else..?
Cheers

No that's what I mean...

It *IS* possible to add new nations, but we'd need translated versions for all releases, like CORE. Now, as long as publishers are involved, they won't take new text.csv
When they don't take them anymore (the patches), we could maybe do it. Like with EU II that is now being patched for fun...

Seriously, until I get a green light, it's a no go fellas. It's also the whole reason why we can't add new events, as that would require new text. Of course, we *WANT* new events :D

Originally posted by barrabas
Talking about Germany, are we..? Then I'd like to stick my head out and ask for Himmler to be skill 1 and OG (or even better - sack him! :)). And MORE TRAITS for Manstein.....wasn't he the best after all?? He is far from Zhukov as it stands now... I have actually even made him skill 6... (Manstein that is, not Zhukov).

Anyway, this project seems to be neverending...superb work everyone! And Vulture, is there any new update comming up?

:)

YES there is... I arranged the necessary webspace with N!ghtY... Expect an update soon :D

Originally posted by birch23
yes unfortunately for a lot of people I think you can safely say that Heini conducted one succesfull operation in his life...:mad:

Nope I don't have pics of the above mentioned.But get them and I will add them(Fritsch probably not he was out in the HOI era)

We do have von Falkenhausen, right?

Talking about Germany, are we..? Then I'd like to stick my head out and ask for Himmler to be skill 1 and OG (or even better - sack him! :)). And MORE TRAITS for Manstein.....wasn't he the best after all?? He is far from Zhukov as it stands now... I have actually even made him skill 6... (Manstein that is, not Zhukov).

What you have said aobut Manstein and Zhukov is debatable. How much of their "success" depends on the superb work of their subordinates?
Anyway if you read some modern Russian sources you can even assume that Zhukov does not deserve even a skill of 1 :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another Idea about Poland

I have made the entire units csv. and all the INCs too except for CHC,CHI,SIK,MAN,TIB even Japan is made but not sent yet,I need a little more China info.

Eagerly waiting for them :)

i haven't updated the Polish file yet..been busy with units etc.But I will soon and then I will send it to you for correction.I will take a look at the Korfanty line(which I have not added yet.....:D
You don't have to add him, he's in the file I prepared and sent to you :D
Cheers

von Fritsch was AFAIR killed in September 1939, so he was in HoI timeframe.

Werner von Fritsch
Frantz Kutschera (SS-Brigadeführer und Generalmajor der Polizei/Gauleiter a.D./Stellvertreter Gauleiter a.D./M.d.R.)
Georg von Priem... I found only his uniform, sold by his family to an american officer in the nineties...
It's not much...
heers

Originally posted by Dibo
What you have said aobut Manstein and Zhukov is debatable. How much of their "success" depends on the superb work of their subordinates?
Anyway if you read some modern Russian sources you can even assume that Zhukov does not deserve even a skill of 1 :rolleyes:
Yes, I am aware of the re-evaluation of Zhukov, and I partly agree. He was a very brutal and a very arrogant man who took all the credit when there was victory and skillfully blaimed others when there was defeat.
But brutality and super-ego can sometimes be a pro for a comander, and I think we can say that he got lucky to many times for it to be just luck. His 'style' wouldn't had worked with any other army than the Red though.
He is however almost a historical icon (especially in the west), everyone know who Zhukov was. I think that fame is part of his 'greatness'.

And I tend to think that he is over-valued in the game. That three-trait maximum doesn't seem to apply for Zhukov. He's got 157, wich adds up to Panzer, Off, Log, Winter and Trickster. Five traits. This makes him by far the best leader in the game.

And that is my point when it comes to Zhukov vs. Manstein. Manstein (and perhaps other leaders to) should not be that far from Zhukov.

To conclude, I think that for a selected few, (perhaps mainly Ger and Sov leaders) we should allow more than three traits. Now Zhukov alone holds the highground in that sence.

Ps. My main beef with Himmler is that he starts as a FM. That makes the AI use him a lot and I have to fight his uglly, despicable person all over the map. And that isn't very historical. Since Manstein and Rommel etc. starts as Generals, maybe Himmler could to. Ds.

Last edited:
Yes, I am aware of the re-evaluation of Zhukov, and I partly agree. He was a very brutal and a very arrogant man who took all the credit when there was victory and skillfully blaimed others when there was defeat.
But brutality and super-ego can sometimes be a pro for a comander, and I think we can say that he got lucky to many times for it to be just luck. His 'style' wouldn't had worked with any other army than the Red though.
He is however almost a historical icon (especially in the west), everyone know who Zhukov was. I think that fame is part of his 'greatness'.

I fully agree. But as I said to have skillful subordinates is often part of the "success". And Zhukov have no doubt such Leaders under him.
Another brutal example is Chuikov. He is perfectly well descibed in the "Enemy at the Gates" in the role of "Khrustchev". BTW Nikita Sergeevich was indeed at Stalingrad, but certainly did not play the role described in the film. But as we both know he is more famous in the West than Chuikov, and the film was intended for the Western public in the first place.

von Fritsch was AFAIR killed in September 1939, so he was in HoI timeframe.

Werner von Fritsch
Frantz Kutschera (SS-Brigadeführer und Generalmajor der Polizei/Gauleiter a.D./Stellvertreter Gauleiter a.D./M.d.R.)
Georg von Priem... I found only his uniform, sold by his family to an american officer in the nineties...
It's not much...
heers

Yes..goody pics...what I meant was that Fritsch was sort of sidelined by Hitler and consorts.and he fell in Poland as an honorary colonel (this was very likely a suicide)

And I tend to think that he is over-valued in the game. That three-trait maximum doesn't seem to apply for Zhukov. He's got 157, wich adds up to Panzer, Off, Log, Winter and Trickster. Five traits. This makes him by far the best leader in the game.

And that is my point when it comes to Zhukov vs. Manstein. Manstein (and perhaps other leaders to) should not be that far from Zhukov.

To conclude, I think that for a selected few, (perhaps mainly Ger and Sov leaders) we should allow more than three traits. Now Zhukov alone holds the highground in that sence.

Ps. My main beef with Himmler is that he starts as a FM. That makes the AI use him a lot and I have to fight his uglly, despicable person all over the map. And that isn't very historical. Since Manstein and Rommel etc. starts as Generals, maybe Himmler could to. Ds.

Oops so he had indeed.that was a mistake now he has only 3.panzer offensive.logistics.

I agree about ugly and despicable....:D but he was Reichsführer der SS in 36 and that rank more than equals a FM.so alas he will have to start as such

SUCCESS

I redid the whole victory point allocation and have now tested in 4 games..this works great (in all modesty....:p )

For instance. It seems to take Italy 20-25 division to take out Ethiopia(which they do) Germany needs a lot more troops to take out Poland(this actually applies to all fighting) and there is a lot more fighting going on everywhere...:)

and The Spanish Civil War now takes between 3 and 4 years to finish...(that's very good)(unfortunately I added VP's to the overseas provinces and since the Spanish AI is not capable of loading troops onto a transport..it actually never ended,but I will remove the VP's form the overseas provinces again.it is the battle for the mainland which goes on for 3-4 years..and because of that it seems that Nat Spain-Victory event now fires properly,

Besides that Japan seems to be unable to conquer NAt.China.They can come a long way,but they can't beat them..this is a major bonus to historical facts.

The battle of Soviet is indeed fierce for the AI now it seems that there is an equal chanche for victory going both ways with a little upperhand to the Soviets.

So despite being struck to the earth(bed) by an evil and nasty flu I'm happy..will sent the VP allocation right now.

Yes..goody pics...what I meant was that Fritsch was sort of sidelined by Hitler and consorts.and he fell in Poland as an honorary colonel (this was very likely a suicide)
I couldn't find enough english-language info on circumstances of his death and the only one version I found was that he was killed by aerial bombardement in his staff train.
Cheers

I couldn't find enough english-language info on circumstances of his death and the only one version I found was that he was killed by aerial bombardement in his staff train.
Cheers

Well that's not true...:) he actually wandered out in no mans land and was killed by a sniper.He was full aware what he did.

Did he actually conduct any succesful operation in his lifetime?
Cheers

EDIT/ Birch, do you have pics of the following german generals?
von Fritsch
Hauffe
Kurt Renner
Kutschera
Kurt Kalmukoff
Willi Schneckenburger
Horst von Wolff
Erich Balla
Georg von Priem
Otto Obenaus

I was thinking of a set of flavour events covering the partisan hunting for generals in occupied Europe and thought that maybe you could add them so that I could smithen them in C.O.R.E....
Cheers

I'm not to sure about this list....:)Been searching a little.Hauffe did exist and was killed in 1944..curiously there doesn't seem to be a pic of this highly decorated gen.The same goes for Renner.Kalmukoff must be a misspell no German general listed is called this.Schneckenburger is also pretty elusive but at least he is mentioned.von Wolff is a no one heard about.Balla seems to have perished in the Hindenburg accident...at least he is on the passengers list.Obenaus is a no know.(it could in my opinion be Obernaus?...but I got a few pics I'd never seen before...:) incl a nice new one of gen Vercellino.

Goodie... Thx for the VP allocation... If you eliminate the VP from Spanish overseas provinces, I'm happy :D

Btw, ALOT more troops to conquer Poland? What does that mean? Is it overly difficult for the Wehrmacht?