• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by birch23
Now I wonder a bit what csv you use.Chennault has to my knowledge always been listed as a flyboy since ´the very start and he is a such in my csv. with tank buster trait as I recall

i think i got the same csv as you but , when i started the 41 scenario as US i got a Lt General Chennault commanding the 20 Submarine Squadron stationed in Manila , so i thing its the 1941 version of usa.inc thats falters

should i go to our fluffy friend with this ??

Last edited:
Re: VULTURE

If you have time in between the parties and the hangovers...:D can you have another go at the Cega site especially concerning Yugo(serbian) and croatian generals.The txt says that they have a lot of pics from those countries...and I thinkthat is our best shot.I tried today but I have a feeling that most of it listed under a flemish txt.

Okido... Will do :D

And considering Chennault, it's because there are leaders set in the OOB while ID's were changed.

Will outcomment all leader = statements

Originally posted by mr_sQuinty
i think i got the same csv as you but , when i started the 41 scenario as US i got a Lt General Chennault commanding the 20 Submarine Squadron stationed in Manila , so i thing its the 1941 version of usa.inc thats falters

should i go to our fluffy friend with this ??

well the drinking fluffy Vulture has answered...:) I'm a bit sorry about the confusion but you are right.I change the no's all the time when I add somebody and since I have deleted all the preset leaders in the 36 scenarios myself,I completely forgot that there were preset leaders in 39/41 as well..but I understand that the Cultured Vulture will delete them as well....actually that I think is a benefit for the player...although it will need a little more micromanagement....:)

Originally posted by King Jary
I want leaders for ALL countries! There are non for manny of the countries that can be "liberated". (like India)

and you will have in due time....:).But since I'm almost doing this solely(with a lot of input from a lot of gifted colleagues here) then it will take a little while.Right now I'm working on the units csv.and after that I will try and finish off the last remaining countries which has always been there.(You can see the progress in the where are we now sticky)

But since I haven't had time to see which countries actually can be created now I wonder if you could put up a little list for me.(I know India and Brunei can be created)

But actually I do happen to think that you should also appreciate the immense work this entire group have done since the start with 1.00 where the majority of the countries did not have ONE single leader...now almost all are full pic and playable.I have been very proud working along with so many gifted people like the ones I've met here.

Remember that life is not only demanding it is also giving.

Which reminds me

That now I have drawn up a lot about the election/event thingy we are going to introduce,BUT there is one single country who will need another event in the game..I wonder if we can have CORE make that.

The country is Thailand(Siam)Right now they have the Pressure on Siam where they join the Axis,,this is totally correct,BUT it lacks the follow up..remember that Thailand was the sole country in the war which rode a complete freebee during the war as they in 1944 switched side from Axis to Allied without cost...:) The event should take place sometime in 1944,but since we do not know how a game develops the trigger should perhaps be a British recapture of the neighbouring provinces to Siam (which actually was the time they saw the light....:D

This is a development which cannot be implied in the event-elections.

Re: Which reminds me

That now I have drawn up a lot about the election/event thingy we are going to introduce,BUT there is one single country who will need another event in the game..I wonder if we can have CORE make that.

The country is Thailand(Siam)Right now they have the Pressure on Siam where they join the Axis,,this is totally correct,BUT it lacks the follow up..remember that Thailand was the sole country in the war which rode a complete freebee during the war as they in 1944 switched side from Axis to Allied without cost...:) The event should take place sometime in 1944,but since we do not know how a game develops the trigger should perhaps be a British recapture of the neighbouring provinces to Siam (which actually was the time they saw the light....:D

I can pass that along, no prob. Also, how did you get around the problems with the elections? It's causing some issues with CORE changes, and it would be helpful to know.

Re: Which reminds me

I can script that, there's two main things to consider:

- It shouldn't trigger unless Japan is losing, the main problem is how to identify that. If only checking that border provinces are UK-controlled you'll get an early trigger, so maybe add a check that USA is at war with Japan, that India is still British and that some Japanese Pacific islands have been lost.

- Should there be any changes to the government, ie replaced ministers?

Re: Re: Which reminds me

Originally posted by JRaup
I can pass that along, no prob. Also, how did you get around the problems with the elections? It's causing some issues with CORE changes, and it would be helpful to know.

errrr....what election problems.I haven't had any problems with that,but I will be happy to give a hand so to speak,we have even come around making elections in Nat.Spain.(that was an idea fromIvanthe Red which gave me the solution to that) It does however calls from some non-historical solutions for a short while in a game,but since the game is non historical anyway that's why it can be done...:) .i.e implementing the possibilityof a non democratic Norwegian gov in 1939 (it doesn't help Norway if the player chooses that one,it has proved,but it seems to make it more difficult for Germany to conquer Norway)Such non-historical governments(although Quislings was very much real) will however only be apllied in a few selected countries where it could have happened(and only as a player option)When we start on this project in earnest I will of course first tell about the changes here(but it works fine in Romania it has proved)(it all depends a little on the alignment figures)It is mainly so that a player can have several options to choose from and applying the right HOS at the right year at least.One thing however I'm going to apply for all is cutting the span of replacments for the various govs.i.e an RS gov should not allow PA-LC ministers (except in national wartime govs.)but only CE and perhaps LWR (depends a little on country,but this wasn't your question I gues,,,,:)

Re: Re: Which reminds me

Originally posted by Steel
I can script that, there's two main things to consider:

- It shouldn't trigger unless Japan is losing, the main problem is how to identify that. If only checking that border provinces are UK-controlled you'll get an early trigger, so maybe add a check that USA is at war with Japan, that India is still British and that some Japanese Pacific islands have been lost.

- Should there be any changes to the government, ie replaced ministers?

that would be great...:) the US at war with Japan is a must,some Pacific Islands too yes that is a must....but not India (that's ahistorical as it is by now)One thing which could trigger too is if Beijing switches hands or perhaps better the Northern Korean province or Hanoi (that takes into the account the at the moment overwhelming Soviet power which has to be reduced significantly)In my recent test game,Soviet conquers Hungary,the entire Balkans and Poland in sep.1941!!!!!!! 2 months after Germany declared war.That is even more ridiciólous than the first Germany takes it all games...LOL. (However there is a bug somewhere since when Russia takes Hungary it seems like the game always CTD.

I've found an air leader for Thailand:
col Fuen Ronnapakas Riddhagani commanded Foong Bin Phibun Songkhram 1&2 (two Bomber Squadrons) armed with Bin Jaw Thing 2 'Nagoja' (local name for good ol' Ki-30.
Cheers

Re: Re: Re: Which reminds me

errrr....what election problems.I haven't had any problems with that,but I will be happy to give a hand so to speak,we have even come around making elections in Nat.Spain.(that was an idea fromIvanthe Red which gave me the solution to that) It does however calls from some non-historical solutions for a short while in a game,but since the game is non historical anyway that's why it can be done...:) .i.e implementing the possibilityof a non democratic Norwegian gov in 1939 (it doesn't help Norway if the player chooses that one,it has proved,but it seems to make it more difficult for Germany to conquer Norway)Such non-historical governments(although Quislings was very much real) will however only be apllied in a few selected countries where it could have happened(and only as a player option)When we start on this project in earnest I will of course first tell about the changes here(but it works fine in Romania it has proved)(it all depends a little on the alignment figures)It is mainly so that a player can have several options to choose from and applying the right HOS at the right year at least.One thing however I'm going to apply for all is cutting the span of replacments for the various govs.i.e an RS gov should not allow PA-LC ministers (except in national wartime govs.)but only CE and perhaps LWR (depends a little on country,but this wasn't your question I gues,,,,:)

No, that wasn't my question. :p When I was tinkering with some of the lections, I ran into a problem where all the elections would fire in 1936, though the dates were far more spaced out. Or, having multiple elections in several different years. Now I know that some of the parliamentary democracies weren't all that stable, but this is like post-war Italy. In one case, before reverting back to the original file, I had four elections fire every other year for the duration of the game. There were some 20 different governments over a 10 year period. That's what I'm trying to overcome.

Man, 49 pages. I have been absent from this forum for long time. :( Gotta to catch up. :p

I made a new thread about Nagumo and SykoNurse was being kind enough to lead me to here.

I wasn't sure if Nagumo is mentioned in this thread. I think Nagumo's skills should be reduced to 2 and remove all traits. Anybody agree with me?

Originally posted by Halibutt
I've found an air leader for Thailand:
col Fuen Ronnapakas Riddhagani commanded Foong Bin Phibun Songkhram 1&2 (two Bomber Squadrons) armed with Bin Jaw Thing 2 'Nagoja' (local name for good ol' Ki-30.
Cheers

Pic----:) but I think we have this guy already...take in mind that thai names can be written in 4-5 different ways it is highly possible we have him because the Thai military has an excellent site with pics of all theior leaders since 1900 (approx) we cleaned that out totally-----:p

Re: Re: Re: Re: Which reminds me

Originally posted by JRaup
No, that wasn't my question. :p When I was tinkering with some of the lections, I ran into a problem where all the elections would fire in 1936, though the dates were far more spaced out. Or, having multiple elections in several different years. Now I know that some of the parliamentary democracies weren't all that stable, but this is like post-war Italy. In one case, before reverting back to the original file, I had four elections fire every other year for the duration of the game. There were some 20 different governments over a 10 year period. That's what I'm trying to overcome.

Yes that is sort of solved....except that when you introduce elections to a country which did not have elections from the start it persists in havinf the first in 1936..well for some countries a lot of elections is needed to A)give the player the option B) to "picture" the historical development. It can be as much as one every second year.although for Nat.Spain we will try and have one every year the first 5 years and then end it.(depending a little what the player chooses)But Romania for instance has quite a lot of elections by now and they all "fire" when tested as democratic which alas is the sole possibility by now.

Originally posted by bmk1st
Man, 49 pages. I have been absent from this forum for long time. :( Gotta to catch up. :p

I made a new thread about Nagumo and SykoNurse was being kind enough to lead me to here.

I wasn't sure if Nagumo is mentioned in this thread. I think Nagumo's skills should be reduced to 2 and remove all traits. Anybody agree with me?

Well he was actually an excellent planner in overall.He should keep his traits,but perhaps his skill should be lowered.Yes Vulture has allowed me to apply 512 to navy and air now.so that will be done when I'm rewriting the files along-(this is much needed in some countries like for instance the German navy too.

Soviet

As all knows by now Soviet is ridicoulsly and ahistorical strong in 1.05C.I'm trying to rebalance that (aiming for German defeat in45...:)(by the AI) in my first attempt I have managed to postpone the defeat by 9 months.I hope the next go will solve it.

Re: Soviet

As all knows by now Soviet is ridicoulsly and ahistorical strong in 1.05C.I'm trying to rebalance that (aiming for German defeat in45...:)(by the AI) in my first attempt I have managed to postpone the defeat by 9 months.I hope the next go will solve it.
Just download C.O.R.E. and enjoy Russkies crossing the Vistula in 1945... :D
Cheers

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which reminds me

Yes that is sort of solved....except that when you introduce elections to a country which did not have elections from the start it persists in havinf the first in 1936..well for some countries a lot of elections is needed to A)give the player the option B) to "picture" the historical development. It can be as much as one every second year.although for Nat.Spain we will try and have one every year the first 5 years and then end it.(depending a little what the player chooses)But Romania for instance has quite a lot of elections by now and they all "fire" when tested as democratic which alas is the sole possibility by now.

OK. I haven't tried this with the latest patch. The countries I was working with were already democratic (at leats on paper), I was trying to correct election years, and in a few cases, add in an additional election cycle or two. In my previous attempt, I had elections set for 1936, 1937, 1942, aqnd 1944. First time they all fired in 1936, then never again. A later run produced the 20 elections over 10 years. All with only 4 defined elections in the file. what's the trick, or was it an engine problem that's been fixed?