• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Denmark and other minors

birch23 said:
I think Vulture's plan is to release it through the pic package,because it will have a LOT more pics,which patch it is for is not within my power..:) but whatever patch you will have it is just downloading the pic package and then overwrite your existing files,as it does not contain an actual exe file..for obvious reasons,South America;Yes there are a lot more action going on,but it seems difficult to get them going at war with eachother,they are however more likely to go into WW2.(on the Allied side)

Well DK was not a financial superpower then,actually we were pretty poor,the BIG jump ahead came in the 50s.But as always my Swedish gamemakers have made a little difficult to play DK (which actually had no role in WW2)I recall a minor discussion with Frodon way back what they will do in CK where Denmark very much was the superpower of the world and Sweden was hardly existing.... :rofl:

I find that the best chanche for Luxembourgs survival is joining the axis,which they in reality did with the puppet gov.But it has to be timed...:) and they do ot have the possibility like the Baltics/DK/Norway/Poland to conquer a minor Latin country first to stay in game....:)

Well i cant disagree with your assessment of your home countries economical status as i dont have much historical data of my own for that period, however
i feel that from a WWII perspective Denmark should not be undervalued, which im certain you do not,from a military point of view and in game terms i myself consider Denmark to be a high priority country and for one very good reason, the "Kattegat and Skagerrak " two strategic sea zones, in a time of war control these zones and you control the Baltic, im a Alliance and Naval advocate in game terms, im reluctant to annex countries out right (unless im playing landlocked countries ) even when playing Germany, so a Friendly Denmark or subservient Puppet gives me a safe haven for my battle fleets in the Baltic Sea, but im getting off track from original post which was economical, i have just started a game with Switzerland and they are a bigger disaster than Denmark ( sorry to all the Swiss fans who might read this post ) i have played a year so far and have managed to keep the economy running but i think in another 3 months its all over, i expect my IC to drop below 50 % at least, how these countries survived i can't fathom, the maths just don't add up so if your Swedish game makers read this please check the resources values of the minors.
regards TM1

birch23 said:
Great I got it now,I'm still supposed to use some of the many pics I made way back and sent to you right?
I'm not really sure what you mean. I don't want you to send anything to me, it's just a version for d/l. Do whatever you want with it, you can even try to add some war criminals or nazi officials to the list, I don't care. It's open-source.

Caeterum censeo Bachem deletam esse.

TM1 said:
Well i cant disagree with your assessment of your home countries economical status as i dont have much historical data of my own for that period, however
i feel that from a WWII perspective Denmark should not be undervalued, which im certain you do not,from a military point of view and in game terms i myself consider Denmark to be a high priority country and for one very good reason, the "Kattegat and Skagerrak " two strategic sea zones, in a time of war control these zones and you control the Baltic, im a Alliance and Naval advocate in game terms, im reluctant to annex countries out right (unless im playing landlocked countries ) even when playing Germany, so a Friendly Denmark or subservient Puppet gives me a safe haven for my battle fleets in the Baltic Sea, but im getting off track from original post which was economical, i have just started a game with Switzerland and they are a bigger disaster than Denmark ( sorry to all the Swiss fans who might read this post ) i have played a year so far and have managed to keep the economy running but i think in another 3 months its all over, i expect my IC to drop below 50 % at least, how these countries survived i can't fathom, the maths just don't add up so if your Swedish game makers read this please check the resources values of the minors.
regards TM1

Switzerland has no port hence their economy is really not up to it..:) you just waittill you play Luxembourg....:)

Halibutt said:
I'm not really sure what you mean. I don't want you to send anything to me, it's just a version for d/l. Do whatever you want with it, you can even try to add some war criminals or nazi officials to the list, I don't care. It's open-source.

I actually meant the pics that I sent you a while ago,you know the BIG pic collection we collected.But I guess I can see that for myself.

Poor Latvia

yep and poor Latvia too,although not as sad a story as Estonia,cause these guys did carry some guilt with them,but another forgotten and very interresting side of WW2 with a lot of interresting people.First I have to say that the Latvia ministers list is all wrong,,,it won't be in a few days..:) Take the incumbent president Kviesis who got so mad at being ousted from power that he had no trouble working full time for the NS government.And just as in Estonia those commies (LEs) who came happy to power in 40 and really believed in communism,well they did not survive for long either,when the Germans came some of them were shot by the people and those who escaped back to the USSR...oh well they did not live long,there wasn't even a superquisling among them as in Estonia,apart from a real survivor Teodors Zvejnieks,a bit low ranking in the first commie gov,then he had no problem switching to NS where he was HOMI and SEC,and after that absolutely no problem switching back to ST when the Russians came again,and they kept him,very valuable man and a real disgusting type.We will also have a real bishop as democratic president after 45.the very interresting "White Bishop with the Cornflower" Juceps Rancans,who never saw his beloved country.Another sad story was the last NS president who weren't even PA but most likely LC Martins Primanis,his Dad was one of the founders of Latvia,and he was a true believer in a free Latvia,he did not survive that,he is not well liked in Latvia despite his enormous efforts for the country cause he went with the NS.

I did have a problem in Latvia cause the Gauleiter who I usually uses as SEC/HOMI or in most cases HOS was none other than dr.Otto Heinrich Dreschler also known as Heydrichs left hand and a main person at Wannsee.I did not want to use him,he is too gross,so I settled for the military gov and probably Heinrich Lohse too(he was there too)and is not a likeable person either....but not as grim as Dreschler if one can make distinctions in that way.

But yet another long forgotten and not very known side of WW2 revealed and my Latvian improved a lot...:) (from zero)...oh and it did help a lot when I found out that the Latvians also have two ways of name spelling (swedish and Latvian....:(

oh and btw.in the present starting commie shadow cabinet we have a Peteris Kuzis aka Janis Berzins aka Yan Berzin the masterspy and head of NKVD who was executed in 38.He too was a Latvian..found a great new pic of him on a Latvian site...:)

birch23 said:
I did have a problem in Latvia cause the Gauleiter who I usually uses as SEC/HOMI or in most cases HOS was none other than dr.Otto Heinrich Dreschler also known as Heydrichs left hand and a main person at Wannsee.I did not want to use him,he is too gross,so I settled for the military gov and probably Heinrich Lohse too(he was there too)and is not a likeable person either....but not as grim as Dreschler if one can make distinctions in that way.
Oh come on, Dreschler wasn't sentenced by an independent court for any crime, why do you plan to erase him?

Also, he's not listed in the conference protocols.

Halibutt said:
Oh come on, Dreschler wasn't sentenced by an independent court for any crime, why do you plan to erase him?

Also, he's not listed in the conference protocols.

For the simple reason he was never put to court...:) Can't remember if he commited suicide.

You are pointing at the wrong Wannsee meeting,there were severals,but I'm referring to the first headed by Göring who were drunk,drugged and asleep most of time,that got him of that hook at Nuremberg btw.But the main persons at the first Wannsee meeting was Heydrich and Dreschler and to some extent Müller.The first meeting was where Endlösnung was decided,as you can see in the document you are referring too,it has already been implemented,The First as I recall took place october 1941 or was it 40,You can see that in the Nuremberg files.

birch23 said:
For the simple reason he was never put to court...:) Can't remember if he commited suicide.

You are pointing at the wrong Wannsee meeting,there were severals,but I'm referring to the first headed by Göring who were drunk,drugged and asleep most of time,that got him of that hook at Nuremberg btw.But the main persons at the first Wannsee meeting was Heydrich and Dreschler and to some extent Müller.The first meeting was where Endlösnung was decided,as you can see in the document you are referring too,it has already been implemented,The First as I recall took place october 1941 or was it 40,You can see that in the Nuremberg files.
So you assume his guilt, right? If it's Bach you're "innocent until proven otherwise", if it's someone else it's "guilty until proven otherwise".... Good going, Birch.

I wonder why GL Graf Sponeck has never been included in the german leader list. He was the commander of 22.Inf.Div. (Airborne). It seems GL Student has been mistaken for him. Student is shown as army commander with commando trait. But he was an airforce commander, and he commanded the air group that dropped the airborne division.

Halibutt said:
So you assume his guilt, right? If it's Bach you're "innocent until proven otherwise", if it's someone else it's "guilty until proven otherwise".... Good going, Birch.

dr.Dreschlers guilt is beyond question if in doubt I suggest you read the Wannsee Papers either at the Nuremberg files,or at Harvard edu.

Truchses said:
I wonder why GL Graf Sponeck has never been included in the german leader list. He was the commander of 22.Inf.Div. (Airborne). It seems GL Student has been mistaken for him. Student is shown as army commander with commando trait. But he was an airforce commander, and he commanded the air group that dropped the airborne division.

As I recall von Sponneck is in the last German file,it is however closed permanently now...:)

Lucky us....I made the Latvian pics yesterday,quite a lot btw.but since I still lacked one I decided for a last hunt,I did not find the guy I was looking for but you may recall the propaganda we had in Latvia was from the Soviet era....I found one from 1937 with the txt Musa Armija (Our Army or something like that I think) That was a major gain,,,very pretty btw.

Latvia made with 37 pics,csv,ministers,elections,INC36 and that GREAT new propaganda...and sent

FRODON to the rescue

Okay I finally have to give in,Vicky cannot be bought anywhere in DK so could you please post that Amazon adress again...I've dealt with them before as I recall.

Can't even found out how to preorder CK but I will give that another try too....:)

and prepare for a little task concerning Norway which we soon will reach in the election scheme.

birch23 said:
Okay I finally have to give in,Vicky cannot be bought anywhere in DK so could you please post that Amazon adress again...I've dealt with them before as I recall.

Can't even found out how to preorder CK but I will give that another try too....:)

and prepare for a little task concerning Norway which we soon will reach in the election scheme.

The Amazon address is below. However the game won't be relased in the UK before March 26th :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000160ZU8/ref=sr_aps_videogames_1_1/026-4469845-8933213

So you might want to check out some of these danish webshops instead:

http://www.realgames.dk/realgames_2/default.asp?page=showproduct&product_number=11384

http://www.cdon.com/main.phtml?navroot=903&nav=1971&nav_genre=1971&page=product&prod=211509

Facist USA ministers

Due to a lack of Facist ministers for USA. I have one suggestion. Patton(armored warfare proponet) for the Army minister. He may not be Facist historically, but his attitude would fit well for the position. (except he would rather be on the front)

Ratrick said:
Due to a lack of Facist ministers for USA. I have one suggestion. Patton(armored warfare proponet) for the Army minister. He may not be Facist historically, but his attitude would fit well for the position. (except he would rather be on the front)

Well, a lot of Americans went bananas because the HoI intro shows Hitler together with an american flag. So I'm afraid placing the all-american hero Patton in a fascist cabinet would be somewhat controversial :rolleyes:

birch23 said:
dr.Dreschlers guilt is beyond question if in doubt I suggest you read the Wannsee Papers either at the Nuremberg files,or at Harvard edu.
And von dem Bachs guilt is not beyond question? Is it disputable in any way? Is there anyone denying that he has blood of over 500.000 civilians on his hands (not counting the soldiers, partisans and POWs)? Ridiculous and frightening.

Frodon said:

Gee..thanks I'll try these...never heard of those before.

BUT I can't seem to be able to preorder CK wonder what I'm doing wrong.

Frodon said:
Well, a lot of Americans went bananas because the HoI intro shows Hitler together with an american flag. So I'm afraid placing the all-american hero Patton in a fascist cabinet would be somewhat controversial :rolleyes:

and besides that we now have so many US fascists/right wing and commies/LWR in the drawing board that we can make a superfile without gen.Patton...:)