• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Sapper_Astro
hello all,

In Townsville at the mo with army, so will get into the business when i get back, did have a quick look at 1.05, some pics are a little blurry, just thought i would tell u in case u hadn't seen them.

eg, swedish field marshall, but there are many others.

where did you get that Aussie general pics with the writing on him?LOL

anyways, will only post now and again till the 2 weeks are up.

good hunting.

Some of the pics are a little blurry because the original they have been taking from was in extraordinary bad shape...you will have to live with that..,..:)

The Aussie should have had the txt removed (he has in my file) but perhaps the Vulture was too busy......nah who cares anyway.

any luck with the French pic btw?

Originally posted by Sheo
Forwarded from a totally different thread:

Could I just, with the risk of being labeled a total history-nerd, call attention to the renaming of General Paulus (Germany) to von Paulus in v1.05.

Paulus was not of noble descent. He did early in his military career attempt to become an officer cadet in the German navy, however he was rejected due to the lack of aristocratic ancestry. His parents were country folks.

I quote:

I like the change of giving him the Defense skill. The loss at Stalingrad aside, it mustve taken some skill to hold out as long as he did.

I was much in doubt whether or not to apply the "von" or not seems 50% has him with von and the other not.Where is that quote from btw. I'm somewhat reluctant of renumbering the German file because of one little "von".....:D

But glad you liked it anyway.

Frodon and all others...a little work

Now you all have 1.05 and as you can see there are still a lot of propagandas missing....perhaps you would be interrested in finding the missing ones..or a symbol for that particular nation we can "create " a propaganda from /that's easy done btw.

And item two.

I have just cleaned the entire photo gallery in Leque of Foreign nations (more than 500 pics of politicians in the era from 1925 to 1933 I think.)

Some of these are dead before HOI some are in already and others might be used as good replacements,but it would take me immense time to go through them all.so what I will do is that I will post a list of the pics I have gotten so far from LoN and then perhaps you will all (Frodon especially...:) take the time to investigate whether or not we can use these.I have made a special zip for Aetius with all the Japanese politicians so he can judge about them and the same for the Chinese for Vladimir (a lot actually) so he can judge those.)

Re: Re: Soviet leaders/ministers in 1.05

Originally posted by birch23
No he won't he is (was) the Kesselring of the Soviet,more than half the time of the war he fought on land..so that is why he is just as Kesselring both army and air...I even think I have used two different pics.(one in air uniform and one in land)...:)
Hmmm... I might be wrong but as far as I know, Rychagov didn't command any land units in the wars he fought. Those where by the way Spanish civil war, Sino-Japanse war, Khalkin Ghol (or was it Lake Khasan?), and the Winter war. And after that he was purged...

If I'm wrong I will humbly appologise and take the oportunity to learn... :)
Well I don't know how your file looks but mine's is spelling Smushkevich all the time....:) anyway I have changed his trait and given him skill 3 (compromise). 2) you are correct this is my mistake I have by accident taken the old pic of smushkevich and placed as vladimiroch (full name yakov Vassilij(ovich)?...:) so it is easy to mix them up..that was why I accidentally gave them the same skill too.That has been corrected too and the changes and the right pic will go to Vulture asap....I have btw.all the time said that it would be a miracle if I've made all this without errors....
I was reffering to the 1.05 file ;). And the man really was a genius. If any soviet air leaders deserve a skill 4 in '36 it's Rychagov and Smushkevich. But I guess you have the final saying in this (as usual :)). What about his trait? I hope he won't remain a carpet bomber..
Yep I didn't look at the ministers list before I finished the file with the admirals and I discovered the doubles right away and deleted them..so Vulture has that now.The spelling error is now changed..and made Orlov Chief of Navy starter..actually I had changed Isakov to Base Control in the latest file,This is because I want the player to have all options to choose from not only Open Seas etc,..This might mean that it might not be the totally correct trait which are applied to the various ministers but it gives the player a greater pleasure. [B/]
I meant Orlov. He should be submarine proponent or ind. appr. doc. And they don't have one of those, so it's even going to add to the options... :)

Argentina

Carlos Alberto Pueyrredon
Jose Maria Cantilo
Luis A Podesta Costa
Tomas Alberto Lebreton

I have sent these to Generalissimo already for a comment but Procer might want to look into those too.

Nope and just discovered it with Ecuador too....:(

Could be something witht he continent?

and speaking of bugs....I just downloaded your latest zip (I think that is no.2 right?.and then thought of something.The provinces which will become Slovakia still don't have any steel so the Slovakian army is worthless so I usually add a little steel in two of the provinces..but perhaps it would be nicer for all if you changed that permanently?......just a thought..:)

Will add some steel and coal

One proposal Birch... Could you change Chief of Staff's Wilhelm Keitel personality to something else than School of Mass Combat? That school eliminates one of Germany's historical concerns: manpower... What do you think?

Re: Re: Re: Soviet leaders/ministers in 1.05

Originally posted by barrabas
Hmmm... I might be wrong but as far as I know, Rychagov didn't command any land units in the wars he fought. Those where by the way Spanish civil war, Sino-Japanse war, Khalkin Ghol (or was it Lake Khasan?), and the Winter war. And after that he was purged...

If I'm wrong I will humbly appologise and take the oportunity to learn... :)
I was reffering to the 1.05 file ;). And the man really was a genius. If any soviet air leaders deserve a skill 4 in '36 it's Rychagov and Smushkevich. But I guess you have the final saying in this (as usual :)). What about his trait? I hope he won't remain a carpet bomber..
I meant Orlov. He should be submarine proponent or ind. appr. doc. And they don't have one of those, so it's even going to add to the options... :)

I did say I changed his trait(Smushkevich's that is)to Tank Buster btw. (and skill 3)

Orlov has Indirect Approach Doctrine in the latest update,that is favouring subs..(The other trait is only for Armaments Ministers)

It is actually Vulture who has the last saying...and since I don't see the files,because I'm advancing against another patch.then he can easily change them without my knowledge,and so it should be.......:D

Originally posted by Vulture
One proposal Birch... Could you change Chief of Staff's Wilhelm Keitel personality to something else than School of Mass Combat? That school eliminates one of Germany's historical concerns: manpower... What do you think?

Thanks for making Slovakia playable...it was the last nation which wasn't..although I think there's actually another who hasn't any manpower at all...but I forgot which.

Keitel..yes I see the problem as he is available as early as 1938.I will change him too Psychology and leave Guderian(44) as the only one with Mass Combat (should reflect on Volkssturm) and still give the player all the options...okay?

Austria

Albert Mendsdorff Pouilly
Arthur Breycha Vauthier
Constantin Dumba
Fritz Stockinger
Ignaz Seipel (I think he was dead in 1936 but not sure)

The rest will make excellent democratic options,although as I recall it either Dumba or Stockinger was actually members of Dolffus government.

Belgium

Albert Janssen
Bernard Descamps
Emile Vandervelde
George Theunis
Henri Marie Victor Carton de Wiart
Louis de Brouckere
Paul Henri Spaak (is in)
Paul Hymans
Paul van Zeeland
Prosper Poullet

Some of these are in already,Perhaps this could be just the task for Vulture....:)

Bhutan and other colonies.

Edward Cook
William Stevenson Meyer

Both British but both worked solely in the colonies.(might have made a mixup with the Cook pic..have to check that out...:(

In the British file there will be a lot of persons who at one time or another worked in the colonies.(Cook was very much alive so no need to check him,but Meyer?

Bolivia

Adolfo Costa du Reis
Carlos Victor Arramayo (he will go in he is a general....:)
Felix A.Arramayo
Florian Zambrana
Franz Tamayo

I have read about all these when I did Bolivia,what lacks is to find out if they were alive in 1936.:I think Tamayo became a fascist..but can't really recall.

Brazil

Acyr de Nascimento Paes
Afranio de Mello Franco
Ahusto Carlos de Souza e Silva
Domicio da Gama
Elyseu Fonseca de Montarroyos
Epitacio da Silva Pessoa
Gastao da Cunha
Octavio Mangabeira
Raoul Fernandes
Rodrigo Octavio
Washington Luiz

I actually think all these were alive and active in the HOI period they are all pretty young at the LoN pics...but I'm not too sure about de Souza e Silva.

And this was the letters A-B just to a start there are plenty more where this came from...:)But now it is time for dinner......

And while the site was down I sent Dominican Republic 9 pics and Ecuador 35 pics both files closed (more or less,because Ecuador still have too few generals....:(

Whoever gave me that Ecuador pic of the 4 coup generals deserves a GREAT thank you....I looked and looked at the names and at the file,ands then I discovered it was the names in the file which was either misspelled or lacking the "second" surname,which meant 4 lacking pics in one shot..... :) as I have always said group pics are GOLD......

Re: Frodon and all others...a little work

Now you all have 1.05 and as you can see there are still a lot of propagandas missing....perhaps you would be interrested in finding the missing ones..or a symbol for that particular nation we can "create " a propaganda from /that's easy done btw.

Some of these are dead before HOI some are in already and others might be used as good replacements,but it would take me immense time to go through them all.so what I will do is that I will post a list of the pics I have gotten so far from LoN and then perhaps you will all (Frodon especially...:)

Sounds fun :D Unfortunately I'm off to sunny Greece on Sunday, but will see what I can do in the meantime... :cool:

Do you guys still need Leaders/Ministers for Ireland? Last I checked in the "Where are we now" thread, it listed that everything was needed. I have additional ministers, and some leaders for the Irish, and can get several pics of them Let me know...

Re: Re: Frodon and all others...a little work

Originally posted by Frodon
Sounds fun :D Unfortunately I'm off to sunny Greece on Sunday, but will see what I can do in the meantime... :cool:

BAHHH..Humbug what's wrong with rainy Denmark....:D.anyway you can always catch up when you get home..Forget Argentine though...Genrallissimo has given the go ahead there which I did...I actually think we might have struck gold again when I emptied that site...:)

Anyway have a nice vacation.....:)

and in the meantime Germany ministers and Argentine ministers made and sent (5 new pics)

and special zip sent to Aetius..lots of Japanese politicians

and special zip sent to Vladimir lots of Chinese politicians.