• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mr.Moon said:
This one has a virus.

I just downloaded it to test, but my virusscan didn't detect anything. Perhaps you have one of those overly cautious virusscans, which sometimes proclaims that files are infected without them actually being so?

If the file truly had a virus problem, I'm sure more people would have said so - given that it has been downloaded several thousand times.

Hive said:
I just downloaded it to test, but my virusscan didn't detect anything. Perhaps you have one of those overly cautious virusscans, which sometimes proclaims that files are infected without them actually being so?

If the file truly had a virus problem, I'm sure more people would have said so - given that it has been downloaded several thousand times.

hmm, my virus scan software too warned about a trojan when downloading 2.0 from both servers. Can't download it because of that. :/ My antivirus programme forces me to disconnect. And I don't really want to chance by disabling the antivirus. Maybe that trojan forced itself into the file unnoticed sometime?

Last edited:
Need_87 said:
hmm, my virus scan software too warned about a trojan when downloading 2.0 from both servers. Can't download it because of that. :/ My antivirus programme forces me to disconnect. And I don't really want to chance by disabling the antivirus. Maybe that trojan forced itself into the file unnoticed sometime?

What virusscan are you using, and what is the name of the trojan it reports?

Hive said:
What virusscan are you using, and what is the name of the trojan it reports?

The virusscan software is named avast! and the trojan it founds is named "Win32:Trojan-gen. {VC}".
It was found in "\AoI\DB\Events\events.exe" (full text: "http://hagen.let.rug.nl/~s1054864/aoi/mod/AoI_2.0.rar\AoI\DB\Events\events.exe")

Another thing I recognised was that it stood "parts of the trojan", but I'm not sure because that text disappered quickly.

Maybe your code is simular to the code of the trojan? :p

Need_87 said:
The virusscan software is named avast! and the trojan it founds is named "Win32:Trojan-gen. {VC}".
It was found in "\AoI\DB\Events\events.exe" (full text: "http://hagen.let.rug.nl/~s1054864/aoi/mod/AoI_2.0.rar\AoI\DB\Events\events.exe")

Another thing I recognised was that it stood "parts of the trojan", but I'm not sure because that text disappered quickly.

Maybe your code is simular to the code of the trojan? :p

Actually, events.exe is no work of mine. It is a simple program written by Slargos in Perl, that lists all files in a dir in alphabetical order in a text document. I used it for easy creation of events.txt.

I did another scan of the file using AVG Antivirus, and as usual it detected no virus.

I did a quick google search, and it seems that Avast! really likes reporting this particular virus... and I found suggestions saying that it does so by mistake.

Could anyone using a different virusscan than Avast! or AVG please check this?

Hive said:
Actually, events.exe is no work of mine. It is a simple program written by Slargos in Perl, that lists all files in a dir in alphabetical order in a text document. I used it for easy creation of events.txt.

I did another scan of the file using AVG Antivirus, and as usual it detected no virus.

I did a quick google search, and it seems that Avast! really likes reporting this particular virus... and I found suggestions saying that it does so by mistake.

Could anyone using a different virusscan than Avast! or AVG please check this?

Just downloaded 2.5 . It downloaded fine no virus detected using McAfee Antivirus. Also downloaded 2.0 just fine

Last edited:
tchilly said:
Just downloaded 2.5 . It downloaded fine no virus detected using McAfee Antivirus. Also downloaded 2.0 just fine

Ah good. Then it does indeed sound like a problem with Avast!. Thanks for the help. :)

I get a critical error message on starting a scenario-it says an excel file was not found.

After installation, the AoI folder is here: Strategy First\Europa Universalis 2\AoI
Also i ran the unlimited patch and followed every step in the readme, but winrar has no 'unzip' but instead 'extract to'

The Age of Imperialism is a mod for Europa Universalis 2 v.1.08 latest beta

Im using a 1.08 patch obtained here.

Hello guys,
I have a problem. I downloaded AoI 2.0 and installed it, then 2.5 and installed it over 2.0. When I tried to launch the 1337 scenario though, it said that there is an unexpected field or something in the file for the Il-Khanate (U35), line 17. It is something about the revolt risk specified there. When I told the program to continue it showed me another error: "a COT is specified in 1592 (which I checked is Samarkand), but no owner of the province" and then it crashed to desktop. When I checked, 1592 belonged to U35 (it WAS in the "ownedprovince" field of their file). I tried deleting the line about the RR, but it just crashes without showing any errors. It is the same with all other scenarios - it just crashes, without giving me a clue why :/. Could someone help me here?

Edit: I installed it on EU2 1.08 version, so it should work. As opposed to what nightmorphis suggests.

Last edited:
Cant seem to get AOI to work either...installed 2.0 then 2.5...use the extended time mod, said it was installed...start the game then when i start a scenario it crashes....any ideas???

probably it doesn't work with v. 1.09 :)