• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hive

Lex Superior
19 Badges
Oct 16, 2002
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
Introduction
------------
The Age of Imperialism is a mod for Europa Universalis 2 v.1.08 latest beta. This mod features new campaigns, events (I have also modified many Paradox events), graphics, countries, monarchs and leaders. Furthermore, I have made several changes to the files present in the DB folder. These changes include (but are not limited to) adjustments to good prices, technologies, random leader and colonial names, province-csv, etc.

The title of the mod is also the title of it's main feature, a 1816-1913 campaign starting after the Congress of Vienna in 1815. Most other campaigns has been altered as well - some more than others - and especially the 1419 and 1492 campaigns have been radically changed. Other new campaigns are The American Civil War ( 1861), The Italian Wars (1520), The Eighty Years War (1568) and The Hundred Years War (1337). So it's possible to play from 1337-1913, meaning almost 600 years.

Please note, that since the country tags provided by Paradox are limited, I have had to leave out some countries. What I have done is to put my focus on Europe (the game is after all called 'Europa Universalis') and the Americas - which means that Asia and Africa has been somewhat neglected.

Last edited:
Age of Imperialism 2.0

Changes:

- Totally reworked from scratch for EUII 1.08
- 2 new scenarios, 1568 and 1337
- New events, leaders and monarchs
- New flags and shields, in a different style
- New menu and interface graphics

...and much more!

Download it from http://www.mediafire.com/download/alg9fs8orfaf8or/AoI_2.0.rar

Last edited:
Age of Imperialism 2.1

A minor update:

- fixed a bug with Uzbek small shield
- fixed a bug making reformed religion a bit more uber than intended
- made tweaks to several scenarios, especially 1337 and 1568
- added a few new events for Spain
- fixed a few event bugs
- fixed a few scenario bugs
- changed the coffee twig back to the one in vanilla EUII
- a few other things I can't remember

Last edited:
Age of Imperialism 2.2

Changes:

- added a new 1453 scenario
- fixed a serious bug with Great Britain events
- tweaked several scenarios
- totally re-worked the Burgundian inheritance
- added a new piece of interface graphic (forgot to include it in the last patch)
- various minor tweaks and bug fixes

Last edited:
Age of Imperialism 2.3

Changes
--------

- Added new events for UK, OE, Russia, Venice and more
- Made some major and minor changes to a lot of old events
- Fixed some event bugs
- Fixed several crash bugs connected to specific scenarios
- Added ports in Algarve and Cantabria
- Made some setup tweaks to various scenarios
- Fixed various minor bugs
- Altered colorscales.csv
- Included new Papal States graphics
- Included a new desktop icon
- Moved the Isfahan CoT to Samarkand in all scenarios
- Added a monarch file for Livonian Order
- Tweaked a few AI files
- Renamed Ragusa to Dubrovnik

Important: you need to have at least AoI 2.0 installed! Apply this patch upon your previous AoI installation (works with all previous versions).

Last edited:
Age of Imperialism 2.4

Changes
--------

- Replaced the Austrian flag with a more accurate one
- Fixed a glitch with the German shields
- Made lots of tweaks to the 1492 scenario (removed rebels in Eire, added tax collctors to all European nations with infra 2 or above, slept the ToT, etc)
- Fixed a crash bug with the 1795 scenario
- Added a few new events and tweaked a few others
- And other minor changes here and there

Important: you need to have at least AoI 2.0 installed! Apply this patch upon your previous AoI installation (works with all previous versions).

Age of Imperialism 2.5

Changes
-------

- Made AoI compatible with the EU2 beta patch from 12th of April 2005 and later (meaning that this patch will *not* work with any earlier versions!)
- Removed the straits between France and England, Spain and Morocco and Scotland and Eire
- All religions now get more diplomats
- The Azores is now a part of the Portuguese ToT
- A few minor text changes for the multiplayer part
- Corrected a bug with trade.csv
- Gave infra.csv the same values as trade.csv
- A few minor event tweaks for The Netherlands and Brandenburg

Also Important: This patch will *not* work with any EU2 version earlier than the April 12 beta patch!

Attachments

• AoI_2.5.rar
    2,7 MB · Views: 11.807
this mod was designed for the old map i doubt that you can play it with the new map at this moment

Vagnificat said:
Does this work with Macs? Should I use File Juicer for the "EU2UnlimitedPatch.exe"? And also what to do with the .bat file? Is there a Mac equivalent?

Well sort of... file juicer will not help you with what the unlimited time patch does on the PC version, which is alter the executable for the game engine. For that you would have to have VPL come out with a patch to do the same thing for the Mac version.

So, you can get the 1419-1820 era scenarios to run by simply editing the various scenarios .inc files to fall within those dates (I will presume that you are using OS X here. What you need to do is open the files in question with textedit and just change the dates in the right places then save the file).

In theory the rest of it could be made to work but would involve editing all of the event files etc to fall only within the normal game timeframe. But that would mean that the date won't match what is displayed in the game (US civil war taking place in 1765 rather then 1865 kind of things), and it would be a pretty large amount of work.

I have gotten it to run with the scenarios that are with the normal game timeframe on my Mac and they seem to be kind of fun. I have even tried altering the .inc files to include not only the AoI events but the ones from AGCEEP and that has been a mixed bag but still kind of fun.

Hope this helps

Why does the game crash whenever I start a scenario? Do I need the unlimited time mod, and in that case, where do I get it?

Flooper X said:
Why does the game crash whenever I start a scenario? Do I need the unlimited time mod, and in that case, where do I get it?

You need it, but it is included in the AoI pack.

Have you all read the *This Forum is for uploading mods and scenarios only, not for discusions* sticky? If so, then why are you posting here? If not, how can I be sure you've read the README file supplied in the AoI pack before asking questions here?

Try posting in the EU2 - User made scenarios and mods subforum and people might actually try to help. :)