• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm also having the problem of it saying that the game will still end in 1953 when I start a new game.

I have the downloaded version of DD. I'm running version 1.2. I installed the NTL patch from modhoi.com. I changed the 1936.eug so that the end date was 2199 instead of 1954.

But still, it says the game will end in 1953. Is this normal? Will it always say that, but it will continue past that time? Or have I done something wrong?

jdrou said:
Have you also applied the binary patch that PackMan linked to? You need to do both.

Yes I download the patch and packed it out and installede it. Used it on the exe file with no problem.

I opened the 1936 file and changed the year and saved.

But when i start the game in 1936 it says the game ends in 1954 ?

Ok let's get a few things straight. If you update DD to 1.2 and install the NTL patch on a fresh .exe file then change the end date in the .eug file and it still says the game will end in 1953 you probably did something. What is wrong we can not say without being in your house and sitting at your computer with you. I had such a hard time myself getting to work. But just follow the instructions that I posted before. I think they are pretty self explanitory. Why not just mod a scenario to start in 1960 or something to test it? :rolleyes:

As far as need a program for opening the .eug files. What's wrong? Microsoft notepad opens it up and works every time. If you are having problems saving your changes, save it in a different directory then copy that saved file over to the correct Doomsday directory.

As far as the leader death dates goes. Open up any particular country. Press Ctrl+H. This is called the replace option. Choose to find "1960" and replace with 2199. It will automaticly change all of those particular leaders death dates.

Last edited:
no time limit

if you use the stonr road patch it will work just patch it to hoi dd then go to the editor and change the time at 1954 dec 29 it will stop just pause it then unpause it and then keep playing it i just tried it

kevinjames04 said:
if you use the stonr road patch it will work just patch it to hoi dd then go to the editor and change the time at 1954 dec 29 it will stop just pause it then unpause it and then keep playing it i just tried it

Does that mean that i should just pause the game in 1954 and unpause it again ?

Hail of Nails said:
So does this patch kill the end-date? Or does it just mean I can set the end-date to whatever I want, and if I wanted to change it to 1960, the scenario would end in 1960?

The patch is to 2199 I believe. However you set the end date in the eug. scenario file. This is where the actual scenario dates are set. The NTL just allow the exe. to allow a much wider variance. I do not remember how far back in time it goes though.

It doesn't really matter. The patch made by the MDS2 team really works.

Raze said:
It doesn't really matter. The patch made by the MDS2 team really works.
Patch NTL for DoomsDay 1.2 doesn't work. You can play after 1954, but with bugs - AI don't produce units and prefer to spend 90% of IC for Consumer Goods. This is, as i think, because of the fact:
Game always have enddate as 1954 years for scenario. Even if you change dates in scenario files. Even if you change this date in savefile and load it again.
globaldata = {
startdate = {
year = 1996
month = may
day = 9
hour = 0
}
enddate = {
year = 1954
month = january
day = 0
hour = 0
}

rules = {
production = yes
diplomacy = yes
technology = yes
convoy = yes
intelligence = yes
}
Looks like this is the constant value in EXE-file, wich wasn't patched by NTL-patch.
If you don't believe me :) use NTL for DD 1.2 for your exe-file, begin any scenario with edited enddate higher than 1954, play and save it. Open save-game and look at your edndate - it will be 1954!
Please, someone! Fix that in new NTL patch. This ugly constant value must be fixed.

P.S. MDS is for HOI2 1.2, not in DD it worked (even patch for HOI1). I used "Doomsday V1.2.exe".
Maybe there is another patch from MDS-team specialy for DD 1.2? Without this bug? There can I get it?

Last edited:
Yeah it said 1954 but it still plays past that date.

I installed it and... well, it works when I try to start at 1918, but when I try to make a scenario in 1960 (for example) appears instantly the final ranking of alliances. Is it normal? What can I do to fix it? Thanks people!

Digoo said:
Patch NTL for DoomsDay 1.2 doesn't work. You can play after 1954, but with bugs - AI don't produce units and prefer to spend 90% of IC for Consumer Goods. This is, as i think, because of the fact:
Game always have enddate as 1954 years for scenario. Even if you change dates in scenario files. Even if you change this date in savefile and load it again.

Looks like this is the constant value in EXE-file, wich wasn't patched by NTL-patch.
If you don't believe me :) use NTL for DD 1.2 for your exe-file, begin any scenario with edited enddate higher than 1954, play and save it. Open save-game and look at your edndate - it will be 1954!
Please, someone! Fix that in new NTL patch. This ugly constant value must be fixed.

P.S. MDS is for HOI2 1.2, not in DD it worked (even patch for HOI1). I used "Doomsday V1.2.exe".
Maybe there is another patch from MDS-team specialy for DD 1.2? Without this bug? There can I get it?

So "No Time Limit" doesn't work right now in scenarios with an enddate higher than 1954? And it doesn't work with a startdate higher than 1954... Because I tried to start a scenario in 1991 but the first day of gameplay appears the victory points "blackboard", and quits game...

I'm desperated :(