+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: No Time Limit mod question

If you want I have an utility that changes all leader death dates.

I will post a link when I get a site to upload it too.

I do not have a hosting location, if someone wants this utility email
    redge777@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Redge; 27-01-2007 at 22:29.

I'm also having the problem of it saying that the game will still end in 1953 when I start a new game.

I have the downloaded version of DD. I'm running version 1.2. I installed the NTL patch from modhoi.com. I changed the 1936.eug so that the end date was 2199 instead of 1954.

But still, it says the game will end in 1953. Is this normal? Will it always say that, but it will continue past that time? Or have I done something wrong?

Hearts of Iron III

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou
    Have you also applied the binary patch that PackMan linked to? You need to do both.
    Yes I download the patch and packed it out and installede it. Used it on the exe file with no problem.

I opened the 1936 file and changed the year and saved.

But when i start the game in 1936 it says the game ends in 1954 ?

Hearts of Iron 2: Armageddon

Ok let's get a few things straight. If you update DD to 1.2 and install the NTL patch on a fresh .exe file then change the end date in the .eug file and it still says the game will end in 1953 you probably did something. What is wrong we can not say without being in your house and sitting at your computer with you. I had such a hard time myself getting to work. But just follow the instructions that I posted before. I think they are pretty self explanitory. Why not just mod a scenario to start in 1960 or something to test it?

As far as need a program for opening the .eug files. What's wrong? Microsoft notepad opens it up and works every time. If you are having problems saving your changes, save it in a different directory then copy that saved file over to the correct Doomsday directory.

As far as the leader death dates goes. Open up any particular country. Press Ctrl+H. This is called the replace option. Choose to find "1960" and replace with 2199. It will automaticly change all of those particular leaders death dates.
    Last edited by Raze; 28-01-2007 at 14:26.
    Eu2 Culture: Anglosaxon
    Eu2 Religion: Protestant
    Eu2 Bad Boy Rating: 38.5
    Hoi2 Ideology: Left-Wing Radical
    Hoi2 Belligerence: 927

Hearts of Iron III

It does still not work for me. When i start the game should the end date have changed from 1953 ?

no time limit

if you use the stonr road patch it will work just patch it to hoi dd then go to the editor and change the time at 1954 dec 29 it will stop just pause it then unpause it and then keep playing it i just tried it

Hearts of Iron III

Quote Originally Posted by kevinjames04
    if you use the stonr road patch it will work just patch it to hoi dd then go to the editor and change the time at 1954 dec 29 it will stop just pause it then unpause it and then keep playing it i just tried it
    Where can i find this stonr road patch ?

Quote Originally Posted by pomse
    Where can i find this stonr road patch ?

its in the Scenarios and modifications folder look in stony road and you should be able to go to the website then do to downloads and then get the dd no timelimit

Hearts of Iron III

Does that mean that i should just pause the game in 1954 and unpause it again ?

Quote Originally Posted by pomse
    Does that mean that i should just pause the game in 1954 and unpause it again ?

no the time will stop like it was paused then just unpause it and keep playing

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

So does this patch kill the end-date? Or does it just mean I can set the end-date to whatever I want, and if I wanted to change it to 1960, the scenario would end in 1960?

Imperial Minister
    HoI Anthology

Quote Originally Posted by Hail of Nails
    So does this patch kill the end-date? Or does it just mean I can set the end-date to whatever I want, and if I wanted to change it to 1960, the scenario would end in 1960?
    The patch is to 2199 I believe. However you set the end date in the eug. scenario file. This is where the actual scenario dates are set. The NTL just allow the exe. to allow a much wider variance. I do not remember how far back in time it goes though.
    Guild Imperium Betas are closed (temp) but Beta3 still simmers
    RISK_BATTLE_MOD NEWS: Guild Imperium One is crawling forward!! Think of the hobbits climbing Mt. Doom!
    Sub-forum at Paradox Risk_Battle_Mod & Guild Imperium threads
    AHistorical all the way; ...for history is too busy repeating itself
    Now proud member of the HOI2_1.3a Preservation Society
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Exercise and diet do not fail, ask your doctor if getting off your 'ass' is right for you"
    American Independent Party Health-Care Initiative

It is said, 'By 2029 or there about, artificial intelligence will be in a position to have virtual control of the 'real world'.

Hearts of Iron III

no the time will stop like it was paused then just unpause it and keep playing
    ok thanks.

Please! Check this thread!

I think this thread has attitude to no-time-limit patch:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/....php?p=6517946
    (reply #4)

It doesn't really matter. The patch made by the MDS2 team really works.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Raze
    It doesn't really matter. The patch made by the MDS2 team really works.
    Patch NTL for DoomsDay 1.2 doesn't work. You can play after 1954, but with bugs - AI don't produce units and prefer to spend 90% of IC for Consumer Goods. This is, as i think, because of the fact:
    Game always have enddate as 1954 years for scenario. Even if you change dates in scenario files. Even if you change this date in savefile and load it again.
    globaldata = {
    startdate = {
    year = 1996
    month = may
    day = 9
    hour = 0
    }
    enddate = {
    year = 1954
    month = january
    day = 0
    hour = 0
    }

rules = {
    production = yes
    diplomacy = yes
    technology = yes
    convoy = yes
    intelligence = yes
    }
    Looks like this is the constant value in EXE-file, wich wasn't patched by NTL-patch.
    If you don't believe me use NTL for DD 1.2 for your exe-file, begin any scenario with edited enddate higher than 1954, play and save it. Open save-game and look at your edndate - it will be 1954!
    Please, someone! Fix that in new NTL patch. This ugly constant value must be fixed.

P.S. MDS is for HOI2 1.2, not in DD it worked (even patch for HOI1). I used "Doomsday V1.2.exe".
    Maybe there is another patch from MDS-team specialy for DD 1.2? Without this bug? There can I get it?
    Last edited by Digoo; 15-02-2007 at 08:31.

For above marked problems were found identical ways of the decision. All thank you!

Yeah it said 1954 but it still plays past that date.

Hearts of Iron III

I installed it and... well, it works when I try to start at 1918, but when I try to make a scenario in 1960 (for example) appears instantly the final ranking of alliances. Is it normal? What can I do to fix it? Thanks people!

Hearts of Iron III

Quote Originally Posted by Digoo
    Patch NTL for DoomsDay 1.2 doesn't work. You can play after 1954, but with bugs - AI don't produce units and prefer to spend 90% of IC for Consumer Goods. This is, as i think, because of the fact:
    Game always have enddate as 1954 years for scenario. Even if you change dates in scenario files. Even if you change this date in savefile and load it again.

Looks like this is the constant value in EXE-file, wich wasn't patched by NTL-patch.
    If you don't believe me use NTL for DD 1.2 for your exe-file, begin any scenario with edited enddate higher than 1954, play and save it. Open save-game and look at your edndate - it will be 1954!
    Please, someone! Fix that in new NTL patch. This ugly constant value must be fixed.

P.S. MDS is for HOI2 1.2, not in DD it worked (even patch for HOI1). I used "Doomsday V1.2.exe".
    Maybe there is another patch from MDS-team specialy for DD 1.2? Without this bug? There can I get it?
    So "No Time Limit" doesn't work right now in scenarios with an enddate higher than 1954? And it doesn't work with a startdate higher than 1954... Because I tried to start a scenario in 1991 but the first day of gameplay appears the victory points "blackboard", and quits game...

I'm desperated

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast