• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am having an issue with the game. When I try to extract it, it says that it does not recognize the compression method. I have Doomsday and really need to figure a way around this so I can finish my AAR.

I can't get this to work, i have a steam version of this game and it says the file was not patched
I believe Steam uses a modified exe file which will prevent this patch from working.

I don't have steam version but i cant patch hoi.exe -- it says that the file was not patched. Any ideas?
Which version of the game are you using and which patcher are you trying to use?

CD Projekt
Polish version? IIRC they used separate exe files for English and Polish languages. Have you tried patching both? Wouldn't surprise me if they were both modified enough for it to not work though.

Which version of the game are you using and which patcher are you trying to use?

I'm having the same problem except I'm using patch 1.3a
OS is win7

I went in to a EUG file and changed the startdate and enddate then tried playing the game, the date in the upper right had changed to 1937 like i set it but the game did not stop at 1938 like i set it in the enddate.

Is the game ignoring the date for a preset amount of time?

Last edited:
The last link (quintelosky dot com) for the HOI2 Doomsday No Time Limit mod/patch appears to go nowhere.
Does anyone have a new, valid link? Does anyone have the file itself and can upload it somewhere easy to get, or even send it to me?
Thank you.