• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Calad said:
I quess this has been asked miljons of times but when I start this mod and select hoi2.exe it says "file not found or file acces error".

My no time limit mod is 1.2
Windows vista
hoi2: armageddon

The problem is Vista, you need install your game in other path (not in Progam Files), and prove

Can't you make NTL that allows playing past 2199? My 2260 mod will have a problem if the game ends 61 years before it starts.

Can't you make NTL that allows playing past 2199? My 2260 mod will have a problem if the game ends 61 years before it starts.

The timelimit patch the end year to 9999. But I think that the game have the limit in 2199. You need prove to start a scenerio in 2230 (for example)

Only Timur Langs's patch on the first page (not for Doomsday/Armageddon) is limited to 2199; quintelosky's patch for all versions should run to 9999 assuming there are no additional dependencies we aren't aware of.

Is this supposed to mean something technical?
I think he means that if it lets you start a scenario after 2200 then you know the patch is installed and working.
TNW_NTL_patch.exe
Where did you get that from? That isn't quintelosky's patch; I think that's a custom patch for the 'The Next War' mod.

HOIDD 1.3a I also have Vista on a laptop and I get ...

The application has failed to start because MSVBVM50.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I then check the laptop and it doesn't have the DLL. I then go to Microsoft and it says the DLL will not work on Vista .....

Anyone have any clues how to work around this ........ ?

And I just found out it does work on Vista.

For Vista users:
Google the dll I mentioned
Download it
Install in Windows/System folder

And magically the patch will work :)

Yoohoo!!!

Bottomline:
Do not believe what uncle microsoft tells you!

Warning -- do not apply this patch to the 1.3 arma patch....

Warning -- do not apply this patch to the 1.3 arma patch.... untill the owner of the mod says so....

EDIT - Looks like it is already fixed... Thanks quintelosky

Last edited:
Hi

I update the NoTimeLimit

Works in:
- HoI 2 v1.3a
- HoI 2 DoomsDay 1.2 ; 1.3 ; 1.3a
- HoI 2 DoomsDay Armageddon 1.0 ; 1.0a ; 1.1 ; 1.2 ; 1.3 Beta

http://www.quintelosky.com/R/archivos/parcheshoi2dd.zip

Good luck

Found another problem... when playing past a certain end date (say 46, or 52) the AI of all nations dumps all IC from production into consumer goods, no matter how necessary... End result being nothing new gets produced... and Idea whats up with that???

Anyone know if there is an patch out for Macintosh?

Anyone know if there is an patch out for Macintosh?
No one has made a Mac NTL patch for any Paradox game AFAIK. Apparently not many exe hackers with Macs.

Found another problem... when playing past a certain end date (say 46, or 52) the AI of all nations dumps all IC from production into consumer goods, no matter how necessary... End result being nothing new gets produced... and Idea whats up with that???

Yes, the AI still stops producing after the default end date with this patch. However, other time limit patches work just fine. There must be another time limit variable that needs to be extended in Quintelosky's patch.

Unfortunatley this is the only time limit patch I found for ARMG 1.2 and ARMG 1.3 Hopefully one without the AI problem can be found soon.

The NTL patches here in message #5 don't seem to have that AI problem.

Last edited:
NTL Patch for ARMG 1.2 and 1.3 without the AI Build problem

Hey guys, how about a NTL patch for ARMG 1.2 and 1.3 without the AI build problem?

Digoo & Shadow0603's DD 1.3 patch (no AI problem)
Lighting's ARMG 1.1 patch (no AI problem)
Timur Lang's Hoi2 patch (no AI problem)

Last edited:
Hmm... So is there no DDA 1.2 NTL Mod that doesn't have AI Problems?

quintelosky,
Can you update the NTL patch to work with Armageddon 1.3 beta 2?

Thank you in advance.