• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
jdrou said:
That happens when a file extension has no file type defined in Windows; I usually create a file type "Paradox game file" for .eug. Without doing that, if you modify the file and select "save" (Ctrl-S) instead of "save as" it should overwrite the old file without adding .txt. If you don't want to overwrite the old file you can try this: when the save dialog opens, right-click in the folder and create a new file with the extension you want to use (create-file-text document, then rename), then select that file to save to and no extension will be added to it.

Thanks for your reply jdrou. I already tried the 'save', 'save as' and 'create new file by right clicking' options, but they didn't work. After renaming the filename was 1936.eug and the type still said text document. You say that you create a new file type for .eug. Do you mean folder options-file types-advanced and then choose a new name for eug?

Anyway, I searched the internet for creating new file types and soon found 2 easy solutions for my problem. The first one is a tool called Tweak UI (microsoft downloads/powertoys and add-ins). With this tool you can change the menu that appears after right clicking and choosing 'new'. After installing click 'templates'. From here you can add and remove file types. To add the eug file type click 'create', navigate to a folder with an eug file, double click on the file, click OK. Now you can create new eug files.

The other solution: modify your eug file, choose 'save as' and place the name of the file you're going to save between " symbols. Now the type will be file and not text document. Rename the file (name.eug) and the type will change from file to eug.

So now I know how to save a modified eug file, but there still are problems:

* No matter what enddate I choose, the game always ends in 2199 (even when I use the original eug file). Is that normal?
* There are no scientist (there is another posting about this problem but no answer).
* There are postings from people having trouble with liberating nations and leaders. Does that mean that you always have to change more files when you use the no time limit mod? If yes, is there a list of all the files that must be modified?

I hope you (or someone else) can help me with this problems.

Sambal said:
* No matter what enddate I choose, the game always ends in 2199 (even when I use the original eug file). Is that normal?
2199 is the end date in the NTL patch; if you want a later one you'll need to edit the .exe manually. (It isn't really a "no time limit" patch, just a much longer time limit.)
* There are no scientist (there is another posting about this problem but no answer).
Looks like all the tech teams expire in 1970; change this in the files in db\tech\teams.
* There are postings from people having trouble with liberating nations and leaders. Does that mean that you always have to change more files when you use the no time limit mod? If yes, is there a list of all the files that must be modified?
The ones I know of are the tech teams, db\revolt.txt for liberating nations, and the leader files in db\leaders. If you want any of the historical (non-random) events to fire after the original end date then you'll need to change the end date on those; most of them won't make much sense after the end date though so you might not want to bother. There won't be any elections after the original end date unless you create events for them; the ministers don't expire like leaders though so that's not really a problem unless you want to change to a new Head of Government.

fabmp said:
Does anyone knows about a NTL patch for Mac Users ?
I haven't heard of Mac NTL patches for any Paradox games.

Vaans said:
the MDS doomsday patch dosen't work...anyone have any info on one that does?
If it doesn't work I'm sure the MDS people will fix it since it is required for their mod. Have you posted on their forum?

Tubia87 said:
I have the same problem of Roman_Legionary, i downloaded the unlimited time mod but it didn't work. i see like in the screenshot up there.. But i didn't understand why, and how i can fix it.

Regards
Are you applying the patch to an unmodified Doomsday v1.2? Do you have the boxed version of Doomsday or downloaded? Again, the best place to ask about the DD NTL patch would be the MDS forum since their mod won't work without it.

I have reinstalled the game, so the patch seems to be applied. In fact the mod WERS works and starts normally from the 1918. This time I haven't applied the patch 1.2.. I don't know if it matters.

Thank you all

My Regards :)

I'm wondering of some one could help me. It says that I need to fin 1936.eug and change the end date and or start date. I can't figure out how to change it because I can only open the file up using microsoft word and note pad. It would be greatly appreciated if some one could tell me exactly how to change the dates.

edmund5289 said:
I'm wondering of some one could help me. It says that I need to fin 1936.eug and change the end date and or start date. I can't figure out how to change it because I can only open the file up using microsoft word and note pad. It would be greatly appreciated if some one could tell me exactly how to change the dates.

Open the scenario eug file with notepad only and find the following and change.

Example:

header = {
name = "Risk Battle Mod"
startdate = {
year = 1930
}

This at the top and further down same file find:

globaldata = {

startdate = {
year = 1930
month = march
day = 9
}
enddate = {
year = 1960
month = january
day = 0
}

These are dates I use, you can insert your own.

volksskina said:
Is there any no time limit patch, working, for the Dommsday 1.2 ??
Have you tried the one from the MDS forum that I posted earlier in this thread?

ok i know this sounds retarded but.....
did anyone try changing the end date with the scenario editor that comes with DD ?

Hello!

I applied the patch here from MDS or what is was called, and it did succesfully and then i changed enddate to 2954 in 1936.eug

If i start a new game, it says it ends 1954 though...will it do it or not?

I did the same in orginal hoi 2 and then it said the date which i wrote in, so im just curious...

rob54678 said:
I can't open the eug files, my computer says it doesn't know what program created it. I'm barely computer literate so if anyone could give me some help it would be much appreciated.
It's just a text file so it will open with any text editor (e.g. notepad/wordpad).

Damp said:
Hello!

I applied the patch here from MDS or what is was called, and it did succesfully and then i changed enddate to 2954 in 1936.eug

If i start a new game, it says it ends 1954 though...will it do it or not?

I did the same in orginal hoi 2 and then it said the date which i wrote in, so im just curious...
Yes in Doomsday it will end on January 1, 1954.

Raze said:
Yes in Doomsday it will end on January 1, 1954.
Even with the NTL patch applied? That doesn't make much sense.