• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
clanjay1989 said:
Thanks for helping! Now I just edited the leaders files, but how do you edit the savegame file? I couldn't open it with anything such as excel...Well I guess you may explain that to me since I am not so similiar with these file editting stuff...Really appreciate that! ;)
It's just a text file. Same with .csv, .inc and .eug files in Paradox games.

Cold Evil said:
I have problem setting higher Start/End Year whit DD version 1.2
Setting Lower Dates Works Fine, but highter then 1953 don't work.

Having the same problem. I cannot find "endyear" in the txt file. Any help?

Procer said:
No Time Limit 1.2 for HoI 1.05b (because in fact there were problems with the previous vesion and HoI 1.05b).

Thanks to DiegoV (a.k.a Timur Lang) from DELETED-TRACID and EU Latino for the update. :)

works for 1.06c

Hi!

Im new at HoI II (but old EU player) and really want to try the no limit modd but cant seem to find the 1.05b patch, aparently needed for this modd.
Would be happy if someone could point in the right direction or link me to it. :eek:o

Thx in advance!

-zag- said:
Hi!

Im new at HoI II (but old EU player) and really want to try the no limit modd but cant seem to find the 1.05b patch, aparently needed for this modd.
Would be happy if someone could point in the right direction or link me to it. :eek:o

Thx in advance!
There is no 1.05b patch for HoI2. That was the original HoI patch the the NTL patch was made for. It just happens the the .exe of HoI2 is similar enough to hoi.exe that it still works.

Procer said:
3) PLAY BEFORE 1936:
1. In the globaldata part of scenario (EUG file) change entry stardate (e.g. change year = 1930).
2. Start the game and play.

4) PLAY PAST 1948:
1. In the globaldata part of scenario (EUG file) change entry enddate (e.g. change year = 1980)
2. Start the game and play.

[------------------------CODE-----------------------

I´m not quite sure how to do this. :eek:o :eek:o
Could someone perhaps explain this a little further.

If you look at 1936.eug for example, search for 'globaldata'. You'll see sections called 'startdate' and 'enddate'.

Rocketman said:
Does this work for DD?

I just tried it, and so far it doesn't. The date keeps resetting to January 1st 1955 and always loads up with the "End Scenario" option. I've done this before, so its not like I'm a noob and making small mistakes. It's quite odd acutally.

I'm gonna go look for something on the Doomsday forum.

I have a question. I just entered 1948 after using the mod. I noticed I can no longer liberate countries. Is this the only problem? as none of the ai's seem to be doing anything except using aircraft now.

Randallw said:
I have a question. I just entered 1948 after using the mod. I noticed I can no longer liberate countries. Is this the only problem? as none of the ai's seem to be doing anything except using aircraft now.
To liberate countries you mast edit revolt.txt.

Changed the revolt file and as intended I can now liberate countries. Note you have to start the game up to get the changes to work. I wonder though. Will the AI actually liberate countries by itself?

Does it Work with Doomsday?

zixarw said:
Does it also work with doomsday?

- indeed, the plaintive cry from DD only owners - and I suspect the hard working MODder's equal bane....

As a DD only owner myself this is something I also have to ask. I just spent days building up the Soviet Union from 1936 with every advance and upgrade possible, but Germany refused to Barbarossa (because I swallowed up Finland and built up a massive Volga line???) and the Western Allies had no DDay. Attacks on Sweden with totally upgraded forces in 15 to 1 unit superiority (all units led by Generals of the right rank) and massed T34 armies are smashed. Attacking Germany is a quicker suicide...

Now Greater Europa, capital Berlin, is just waiting for 1953 to roll around and then they will win on points.

Yes there are other areas I can expand to, but I would definitely like some extra time......

What is really needed is a DD MOD providing an alternative to the built in Doomsday scenario with a Post Stalin SU for starters. I've been looking through the many MODs in development, but the HOI2 / DD divide is delaying many for use by the DD only player.

My apologies but I have a raging headache from reading through all the dozens of threads. :wacko: Which MOD do people think is closest to THAT for Doomsday?