• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Procer

Major
34 Badges
Oct 30, 2002
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
No Time Limit Mod 1.1 for HoI 1.04 (working with 1.05 so far)

Since there has been a lot of repetitive posts in Paradox forums with the question about from where to download the No Time Limit mod, i would like to have it available also here. Since this mod is basically a diffrerent HoI.exe file i don't know if Paradox will support this mod by putting it in here. If Paradox cannot post the file in this thread, then here is the other link from where to get it: DELETED-TRACID

Mod: No Time Limit v1.1 (for HoI 1.04)

Author: DiegoV (a.k.a. Timur Lang)

DISCLAIMER: This software is not associated with Paradox Entertainment and the author do not takes any responsibility for any adverse effects this utility might have on your game or other software. Use it at your own risk!

FEATURES: Hearts of Iron is designed to simulate 1936 to 1948 period. This utility allows you to design and play any scenario since 1000 AD to 2199 AD.

This patch modifies HOI.exe. Backup of original file is automatically stored as HoI.exe.bak. To restore the original file, delete the HOI.exe modified and rename Hoi.exe.bak to HOI.exe.

This patch is made for version 1.04 of Hearts of Iron.

USE:

1) Extract the files from the zip archive into game directory (e.g. C:>Program Files>Strategy First>HOI).

2) Start no_time_limit11.exe. Select the button 'Select target file to patch' and select the file HOI.exe. Press Start to apply this patch.

3) PLAY BEFORE 1936:
1. In the globaldata part of scenario (EUG file) change entry stardate (e.g. change year = 1930).
2. Start the game and play.

4) PLAY PAST 1948:
1. In the globaldata part of scenario (EUG file) change entry enddate (e.g. change year = 1980)
2. Start the game and play.

NOTE: The enddate variable is not considered by the game. This happens with or without the no time limit (Try changing The Road to War (1936-1948).eug endate to 1945, save the game, then open the save game and you will see that appears endate = 1948).

Because of this issue, the No Time Limit 1.1 will make the game to end in 2199 unless there's only one faction left which will make the game to finish earlier.

That it is not so serious, the creators of scenarios can solve it with an event:

------------------------CODE-----------------------
event = {
id = 50100 # or another id number

name = "End of the scenario"
desc = "You have now reached the end of the scenario date, you can leave him by clicking the 'Surrender' button (Also you can see the final victory points). But if you want it you can continue playing the game. Note that the events and modifications of this scenario are contemplated to play until this date, if you continue playing there will no longer be new events or other additional effects."

style = 0

date = { day = x month = x year = x } # the date that finishes the scenario

action_a = {
name = "OK"
command = { }
}
}
------------------------CODE-----------------------

Attachments

• no_time_limit11.zip
    18 KB · Views: 22.370
Last edited by a moderator:
No Time Limit 1.2 for HoI 1.05b

No Time Limit 1.2 for HoI 1.05b (because in fact there were problems with the previous vesion and HoI 1.05b).

Thanks to DiegoV (a.k.a Timur Lang) from DELETED-TRACID and EU Latino for the update. :)

works for 1.06c

Attachments

• no_time_limit12.zip
    18,1 KB · Views: 16.204
Procer said:
No Time Limit 1.2 for HoI 1.05b (because in fact there were problems with the previous vesion and HoI 1.05b).

Thanks to DiegoV (a.k.a Timur Lang) from DELETED-TRACID and EU Latino for the update. :)

works for 1.06c

I have a problem... this is the same file as previous. Now I know the 1.3a changed HOI2.exe, and the hotfix contains an HOI2.exe... So the question is... if this patch updates HOI2.exe... how is it doing so without updates? Have you tested it after 1.3a??

ExMech said:
I have a problem... this is the same file as previous. Now I know the 1.3a changed HOI2.exe, and the hotfix contains an HOI2.exe... So the question is... if this patch updates HOI2.exe... how is it doing so without updates? Have you tested it after 1.3a??
The no time limit mod has worked with all HOI2 versions and I can't see why it should work with all future ones as well.
As for 1.3a I've tried it and it works.

The reason it works without updating for every patch is that it probably searches for a specific string of bytes instead of a specific address to change. As long as that string doesn't change it will work even if it changes position in the file.

ok i just installed this on my commie china game today. Since i can only get so many provinces before my TC explodes, i liberated most of russia that i got when i joined the axis (dont ask). Now it is February 1948, and i can no longer liberate nations. Whats going on? :confused:

u can only liberate nations upto 1948 so you will have to go into te db files then the revolt file

then you will see loads of these

AFG = {
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }
expirydate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1947 }
minimum = { 1486 }

extra = { 1493 1492 1484 }
capital = 1486

and you just need to change the expirydate to some later date but most prabably you will have to start a new game for these to take effect

Jozef Pilsudski said:
Can the no time limit patch used for 1.2 be used for 1.3, if not where could i possibly get a 1.3 compatible one or if it wasn't made yet, when will it be made? o_O
Posted above:
Hallsten said:
The no time limit mod has worked with all HOI2 versions and I can't see why it shouldn't {my edit} work with all future ones as well.
As for 1.3a I've tried it and it works.

fabmp said:
Do you know if a notimelimit patch is available for Macintosh users ?
Not that I know of. You should check at the Virtual Programming forums though since they did the Mac port.
http://www.vpltd.com/

oak said:
i can't research with this patch :(

i think a bigger issue may be the link in that original post.....

Does the no time-limit mod work for DD???

I heard somewhere it doesn't :( :(

pomse said:
I also have a problem with the no time limit in the hearts of iron II Doomsday. Is there not a new No Time Limit, there is working with Doomsday ? :confused:

I am using the one from the stony road but I don't know if it works correctly yet, I believe you need to edit the savegame file manually.

a serious problem

Well, using the no time limit mod did help me a lot...but i kinda found a bug...

I am not sure what year it was, it was probably around 1960 or something like that, I found out that you could never remove a leader nor combine 2 or more armies or fleets of air wings together, 'cause it made the other leaders to disappear! May anyone who knows how to fix this problem tell me what to do? :confused:

clanjay1989 said:
Well, using the no time limit mod did help me a lot...but i kinda found a bug...

I am not sure what year it was, it was probably around 1960 or something like that, I found out that you could never remove a leader nor combine 2 or more armies or fleets of air wings together, 'cause it made the other leaders to disappear! May anyone who knows how to fix this problem tell me what to do? :confused:
Not a bug. All the leaders in HoI2 have an "End Year" of 1960 or earlier. Just as you need to change revolt.txt if you want to be able to release puppets after 1947 you need to edit the leader files if you want leaders after 1960. For a game you've already started you would need to edit the savegame since leaders are only loaded from the leader files once in a game (unless the country was annexed and later re-created).

jdrou said:
Not a bug. All the leaders in HoI2 have an "End Year" of 1960 or earlier. Just as you need to change revolt.txt if you want to be able to release puppets after 1947 you need to edit the leader files if you want leaders after 1960. For a game you've already started you would need to edit the savegame since leaders are only loaded from the leader files once in a game (unless the country was annexed and later re-created).

Thanks for helping! Now I just edited the leaders files, but how do you edit the savegame file? I couldn't open it with anything such as excel...Well I guess you may explain that to me since I am not so similiar with these file editting stuff...Really appreciate that! ;)