• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
help with dd time limit

hi I'm playing as the french in dd but the time limit patch is not working i can edit the start date to what i want but the end date wont change. It's changed on the eug file but the game still says it will end in 1954 hasve i done something wrong

kevinjames04 said:
hi I'm playing as the french in dd but the time limit patch is not working i can edit the start date to what i want but the end date wont change. It's changed on the eug file but the game still says it will end in 1954 hasve i done something wrong

Same thing is happening to me, and I used No-Time-Limit and some other one, seperately.

I haven't really looked at it yet but try the Doomsday NTL patch available at the MDS forum: http://www.mdshome.com/ (look in Downloads - Tools)

sneezinglion said:
AVG gives a virus warning for their patch....hmmmmm
Could be a false alarm. I didn't get any warnings from Symantec AV (with latest definitions).

Need to try another AV. I think AVG used to give false positive for the installer that C.O.R.E. used. Maybe disable your auto-protect so it will download, then scan with a free online scanner like www.kaspersky.com. That also shows the file as clean. I think McAfee has a free onine scanner too.

changing EUG files

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and have a question about the no time limit mod. I want the 1936 scenario to end in 1999 so I changed the enddate in the EUG file to 1999. What I want to know is how I can save the modified EUG file. I only can save it as a text file.

I tried playing the game with the modified EUG file still opened in notepad and now the enddate is 2199. After closing both game and modified EUG file (without saving) I started the game again and the enddate is still 2199.

Can anyone help me?

Sambal

Sambal said:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and have a question about the no time limit mod. I want the 1936 scenario to end in 1999 so I changed the enddate in the EUG file to 1999. What I want to know is how I can save the modified EUG file. I only can save it as a text file.
That happens when a file extension has no file type defined in Windows; I usually create a file type "Paradox game file" for .eug. Without doing that, if you modify the file and select "save" (Ctrl-S) instead of "save as" it should overwrite the old file without adding .txt. If you don't want to overwrite the old file you can try this: when the save dialog opens, right-click in the folder and create a new file with the extension you want to use (create-file-text document, then rename), then select that file to save to and no extension will be added to it.