• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are they still a revolter that late in the game? I am afraid it might not be an option.

Ok, crusades ARE on the list, after Protestants.

Im not sure...

Hurrah, Crusades!

Originally posted by nalivayko
Are they still a revolter that late in the game? I am afraid it might not be an option.

Ok, crusades ARE on the list, after Protestants.

Yes, the Kingdom of Jerusalem are revolters in the whole period of the game.

Paint Middle East yellow? Why would I want to do that? :D In case you haven''t noticed, this is not your typical warmonger aar. I only take calculated risks, keep muslims and orthodox from my realms, and try to declare wars only at +3 stab. I haven't had bb wars yet (and doubt i will), but I would suffer if I did. Rebels all over, no way to bring stability up fast - that would be a nightmare.

I will though go for the Holy Land and try to boost Jerusalem to a point where they can stand and expand on their own. Would be a shame to see it happen without a Pope being still around, but all of you are pushing me to complete my conquest of WE, and I guess I owe it to you :)

Well, back to playing, I still have Sweden and Denmark to finish off :D

Commandante, I think it has something to do with the size of it. My first century I spent on taking all of America - this made me much bigger and stronger than all of my neighbors put together. Thus, they are simply afraid to pick up a fight with me :) Take into account that most of the time all of my neighbors are warned by me - they do take the warning seriously... unfortunately.

It did happen to me before in my other games - only I would still have to go throw rounds of bb wars before achieving this period of peace. Strange. Maybe somebody in Paradox will have an answer?

Amadís de Gaula, thanks, I'll even try to finish it :D

Carlos III. 1717-1725

Russian Bear

Just as His Catholic Majesty, Carlos III, the Emperor of the West, prepares to carry on with his conquest of Protestants, the latter find an unlikely protector in Russian Czar Peter I - Russians used to call him the Great.

In 1717 Peter made a very attractive offer to the King of Denmark - acknowledge Russian Czar as the ruler of Denmark in return for protection of all the Protestants within the borders of Russian empire. As Denmark (as well as Sweden) had no chance to survive the continuous pressure from Spanish Germany, the King agreed. Denmark was annexed by Russia and the Protestant Faith was saved... or was it?

In 1718 Carlos declared war on Russia. Poland honored the alliance - it was a mistake to ask her to do it. Almost in a heart beat Poles lost Weliki, Donestk and Kursk. Russian juggernaugt seemed unstoppable. Ukrainian Cossacks joined with Peter and gave up their independence. Carlos was worried.

But as Russian troops besieged Magdeburg, Spanish armies took all of Denmark, Norway and Gotland. Envoking the treaty of military access with Poles, His Catholic Majesty sends his troops across Polish Baltic lands. Soon, Russian capital itself is under siege. Peter is forced to re-locate to Moscow and once St. Petersburg falls, he offers all of Denmark, Russian lands in Norway, Gotland and Olonets. Russian Bear is seriously wounded and needs time to lick its wounds. If he stays quiet, he might just get it.

English and French speak the same language... Spanish

In 1722 Carlos III declares war on Sweden - Swedes put up quite a fight, and Protestant uprisings in Germany and England cause a political crisis. As more and more rebellions flare up across the Spanish Empire, Carlos is forced to the negotiation table. Swedes consider themselves lucky ceding only three provinces (including Karelia), while their allies - English - finally have a chance to broaden their horizons. As of January, 1725, English are forced to learn to speak Spanish. London still retains its status of the island's capital and Spanish Great Britain becomes yet another jewel in the crown of the Spanish monarchs.

Well, I was going to post one excuse after the other :) but since nobody replied to the last update I don't need one - consider this aar officialy over. I actually was able to finish off Sweden, but it takes forever to restore stability. Thanks to all of you and sorry for another disappointing, unfinished aar.

Bah, I had fun.

Originally posted by nalivayko
Commandante, I think it has something to do with the size of it. My first century I spent on taking all of America - this made me much bigger and stronger than all of my neighbors put together. Thus, they are simply afraid to pick up a fight with me :) Take into account that most of the time all of my neighbors are warned by me - they do take the warning seriously... unfortunately.

It did happen to me before in my other games - only I would still have to go throw rounds of bb wars before achieving this period of peace. Strange. Maybe somebody in Paradox will have an answer?

I'd always thought the BB wars kicked in automatically in Hard and Very Hard levels. But, in the end, what do I know? :p

Why won't you continue playing? Too easy?

So what's up next? A new AAR? If so, choose a more difficult state than Spain... ;)

What a pity... I'm disappointed you closed your AAR. Well, the AAR is yours, so you have de right. But it was very fun!

Why don't you just convert the heretics in Europe and AAR it? :D

Anibal, I just might, but I want to take a break from it. I've been working 10 hours yesterday on my Zaporozhian Host scenario and I hope to write aar about that game (when I get around to play it).

So, Commandante, this will be my choice of a difficult state.

LordLeto, good, I did too, until the end. All the cool stuff one looks for in the end of the game (American Revolution, Napoleon, Russian-Turkish Wars) would not be happening, so that's when it stopped being fun for me.

Again, I probably will finish it off. After a break.

Zaporozhian Host - Zaporozhian Cossacks - Rus' - Ruthenia - Ukraine. I used Ukraine as a base, added some known Cossack leaders, modified monarch list (if the country is doing good there will be less monarchs/pretendents and certain people wouldn't be misplaced if no foreign power is intefering in the state affairs). Finally, I changed political situation a bit to reflect the real situation in 1492 (according to official history, at least).

Damn you beat me to it. I was going to tell Commandante that if I knew nalivayko it had to involve the Ukraine in some way.;)

Joe

:D You damn right! Call me Catholic if it isn't the truth.

Originally posted by Storey
Damn you beat me to it. I was going to tell Commandante that if I knew nalivayko it had to involve the Ukraine in some way.;)

Ukraine, you say? Very interesting to say the least. Just let me know and I'll brandish my bottle of Nemiroff vodka to go with your AAR... :D