• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just started it, and I would like to give everybody a big hug. Great job so far, truly, truly great.
If you ever stop doing this until either EU3 comes or a Paradox game covering this area is released, I will hunt down your children, and your children's children.

1) TI must be played with.....I am not saying get rid of colonies, but I think that we should have huge agressive natives in Ireland, particularly to Zoastrian Persians.

Originally posted by CCR_of_the_Code
1) TI must be played with.....I am not saying get rid of colonies, but I think that we should have huge agressive natives in Ireland, particularly to Zoastrian Persians.

Well, I'm slowly working on adding more nations. Ireland for instance have three nations (Ui Niall, Ulaid & Laigin. Eagonachta or whatever it is spelled didn't make it). When I have monarchs for the Isles, I will upload the updated version.

Does Wryun still work with the (Eastern) Roman Emperors? And to Snuggs, monarchs for the remaining British kingdoms and text for the proposed events would be nice.;)

I hear you, master :) I've got about half a dozen half-finished lists already. Remember, I've only had four days and then there is Real Life to consider. How close are you to finishing the RotW?

Feast your eyes on this site

So here's the absolute final list. Kent and East Anglian kings/events to follow.

WESSEX
saxon / pagan
controls: Wessex
core: Wessex, Bristol
revolts: throughout
tag: ENG

DYFNAIN
british / catholic
controls: Cornwall, Bristol
core: Cornwall
tag: FPR

KENT
jutish / pagan
controls: Kent
core: Kent
tag: KAL

EAST ANGLIA
anglian / pagan
controls: Anglia
core: Anglia
tag: HOL

CYMRY
british / catholic
controls: Wales
core: Wales
tag: WLS

MERCIA
anglian / pagan
controls: Midlands, Lincoln
core: Midlands, Lincoln
tag: FRC

RHEGED
north british / catholic
controls: Lancashire
core: Lancashire
revolts: start-730
tag: KUR

NORTHUMBRIA
anglian / pagan
controls: Yorkshire
core: Yorkshire
tag: PUR

GODODDIN
north british / catholic
controls: Lothian, Northumberland
core: Lothian
revolts: start-670
tag: PSK (this OK?)

STRATHCLYDE
north british / catholic
controls: Strathclyde
core: Cornwall
tag: POM

ALBA
pictish / catholic
controls: The Grampians, The Highlands
core: The Grampians, The Highlands
tag: SCO

UI NIALL
gaelic / catholic
controls: Connaught, Meath
core: Connaught
tag: FIN

ULAID
gaelic / catholic
controls: Ulster
core: Ulster
tag: LAT

LAGIN
gaelic / catholic
controls: Leinster, Munster
core: Leinster, Munster
tag: EIR

BRITTANY
breton / catholic
controls: Morbihan, Bretagne, Armor
core: Morbihan, Bretagne, Armor
tag: BRI

That's nice.
Now get in a download sweetheart.

Am playing as Armenia that recently had it's vassalation with Persia "removed" in a drawnout war that eventually lead to the annexation of Daghestan, Kurdistan, Anzerbajjan and Kirkuk. Woohooo, that was a hard one, even with some Roman support.
Anyway, as cool as it may be, releasing an Armenian Scotland is getting a little old.....

Is there a better place to dump my instalments?

My scenario-writing skill, let me repeat, is 'green', and I can't devote 22h/day to this, amusing though it is. Christ, it's 5am here.

Updated the version in the upload/download forum (always seems to forget its name:D ).

Great work snuggs. I would want some text for the events before i script them. And when posting monarchs, please show their stats in this order:
DIP: x
ADM: y
MIL: z
instead of:
ADM: y
DIP: x
MIL: z
Would make things easier for me when scripting them.;)

No problem Lofman :)

Would you rather I emailed you the others? Don't want to clag this thread with dozens of lists.

Edit: Re the 'Eomer the Knife' event - this assassination attempt, potentially major, failed historically. Is it possible to write a multiple choice event that has (say) a 50/50 chance of triggering a second event?

I plan to have two events giving FAAs to represent the two archbishoprics. If that, or anything, is out of synch with your plans for the continent, please amend them.

Last edited:
Originally posted by snuggs
No problem Lofman :)

Would you rather I emailed you the others? Don't want to clag this thread with dozens of lists.

Edit: Re the 'Eomer the Knife' event - this assassination attempt, potentially major, failed historically. Is it possible to write a multiple choice event that has (say) a 50/50 chance of triggering a second event?

I plan to have two events giving FAAs to represent the two archbishoprics. If that, or anything, is out of synch with your plans for the continent, please amend them.

Just post them here, I don't mind.

Theoretically that seems possible. The first event (x) should if no assassination attempt is made sleep events y and z. Event y is the successful attempt and z the failed one. Both these events have exactly the same dates with offset (important) and their triggers are that event x must have happened but not the other one (z for y and y for z). However there might be a risk of x and y firing at the same time, but with a reasonable offset that should rarely if ever happen. I think.

That's ok.

Originally posted by Lofman
Does Wryun still work with the (Eastern) Roman Emperors?

wryun unfortunately has not yet done any more - been fairly busy for the last week or so, and haven't felt like spending my little free time wading through a monarch list :) I probably will get round to finishing my little job, eventually, but that could be any time between now and 2004. If anyone wants to just fix them up themselves, they could use the site I mentioned earlier to guess stats (which is all I was doing). Not difficult, just somewhat tedious.

Lofman, possibly one of the most interesting ideas I have seen yet... But how are you going to model the Islamic Expansion? Seems to me the only way they are going to get as far as they did is if a human plays them, or if the Sassinids and Byzantines get very, very horrible random events just befor the explosion... Which would be justified, because the Sassinids were in a civil war, and the Byzantines had just reformed and were recovering from a war with the Sassinids.

If you need a little help in Hispania, I can try to give you some info :p

Hispania:

Regnum Visigothorum
Culture: Germanic, Gallo-Roman, Hispano-Roman
Faith: Arrianism, change by event
Starts: Guyenne(423), Poitou(418), Gascogne(424), Bearn(425), Berri(410), Limousin(419), Auvergne(420), Cevennes(421), Languedoc(422), Guyenne(423), Rousillon(426), Provence(406), Gerona(427), Catalonia(429), Aragon(430), Leon(435), Castilla(436), Valencia(437), Murcia(438), Toledo(439), Estramadura(440), Algarve(442), Andalusia(443), Granada(444), Gibraltar(445).
Core: Guyenne(423), Poitou(418), Gascogne(424), Bearn(425), Berri(410), Limousin(419), Auvergne(420), Cevennes(421), Languedoc(422), Guyenne(423), Rousillon(426), Provence(406), Gerona(427), Catalonia(429), Aragon(430), Leon(435), Castilla(436), Valencia(437), Murcia(438), Toledo(439), Estramadura(440), Algarve(442), Andalusia(443), Granada(444), Gibraltar(445), Navarra(428), Cantabria(431), Asturias(432), Galicia(433), Oporto(434), Tago(441).
Friendly to: Regnum Italiae
Hostile to: Regnum Sueborum, Regnum Vandalorum et Alanorum

Monarchs
Kings of Visigoths
Eurico
Start: 466
Death: 484
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:
leader: ///

Alarico II
Start: 484
Death: 507
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:
leader: ///

Gensaleico
Start: 507
Death: 510
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Amalarico
Start: 510
Death: 531
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Teudis
Start: 531
Death: 548
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Teudisclo
Start: 548
Death: 549
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Ágila I
Start: 549
Death: 551
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Ágila I y Atanagildo
Start: 551
Death: 554
ADM: 1
DIP: 1
MIL: 1

Atanagildo
Start: 554
Death: 567
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Liuva I
Start: 567
Death: 572
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Leovigildo
Start: 573
Death: 586
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Recaredo I
Start: 586
Death: 601
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Liuva II
Start: 601
Death: 603
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Viterico
Start: 603
Death: 610
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Gundemaro
Start: 610
Death: 612
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Sisebuto
Start: 612
Death: 621
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Recaredo II
Start: 621
Death: 621
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Suintila
Start: 622
Death: 631
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Sisenando
Start: 631
Death: 636
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Chintila
Start: 636
Death: 639
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Tulga
Start: 639
Death: 642
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Chindasvinto
Start: 642
Death: 653
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Recesvinto
Start: 653
Death: 672
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Wamba
Start: 672
Death: 680
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Ervigio
Start: 680
Death: 687
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Égica
Start: 687
Death: 700
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Égica y Vitiza
Start: 700
Death: 702
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Vitiza
Start: 702
Death: 710
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Rodrigo
Start: 710
Death: 711
ADM:
DIP:
MIL: 2

Interregnum
Start: 711
Death: 718
ADM: 1
DIP: 1
MIL: 1

Kings of Asturias
Pelayo
Start: 718
Death: 737
ADM: 6
DIP: 7
MIL:9

Favila
Start: 737
Death: 739
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Alfonso I
Start: 739
Death: 757
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Fruela I
Start: 757
Death: 768
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Aurelio
Start: 768
Death: 774
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Silo
Start: 774
Death: 783
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Mauregato
Start: 783
Death: 788
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Bermudo I
Start: 788
Death: 791
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Alfonso II
Start: 791
Death: 842
ADM: 7
DIP: 8
MIL: 7

Usurpers
Hermenegildo
Start: 579
Death: 584
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Sunifredo
Start: 701
Death: 702
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Ágila II
Start: 710
Death: 713
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Ardo
Start: 713
Death: 720
ADM:
DIP:
MIL:

Regnum Sueborum
Culture: Germanic
Faith: Pagan
Starts: Oporto(434), Asturias(432), Galicia(433), Tago(441).
Core: Oporto(434), Asturias(432), Galicia(433), Leon(435), Tago(441).
Friendly to: None
Hostile to: All

Monarchs
To be done

Vasconia
Culture: Basque
Faith: Pagan
Starts: Navarra(428), Cantabria(431).
Core: Navarra(428), Cantabria(431), Bearn(425).
Friendly to: None
Hostile to: All

monarchs
To be done

*All provinces except Basque ones, should be Catholic.
*All Provinces in Iberia, cept Basque ones should be Hispano-Roman, and the ones in Gallia should be Gallo-Roman.

Last edited: