• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lofman

Safe One
33 Badges
Mar 14, 2002
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
I've begun creating a scenario starting in 476 that goes all the way to 819. For simplicitys sake I've only removed the initial 1 from the in-game year in mind only (so it starts in the in-game year of 1476 representing 476). I should note that I haven't abandoned the Lofman's History scenario, I'm still working on it.

For the moment the scenario is extremely crude, with monarchs only for the Vandals, Ostrogoths, Western Roman Empire, Italia(Odovakar), Dalmatia(Julius Nepos), and Gallia(Syagrius) and one (very early) event for the Western Roman Empire where Romulus Augustus may be deposed (making you become Italy). Countries at this moment is those mentioned above + (Eastern) Roman Empire, Franks, Alemannia, Thüringen, Friesen and Saxony.

More will be made, but now I'm wondering, anyone interested in aiding the creation of this scenario?

Sounds good, Ive enjoyed your other scenario, I'll be happy to help in whatever small way I can :) Know a small bit about editing files. If you need any research I can help, I can find all types of stuff :D

This is my favourite era of history, but think it will be very hard to implement.

IMO a scenario starting somewhat later say AD 500 would be better as they Ostrogoths already control Italy and the situations in France is more interesting.

Hmm, yes, ... very difficult to do with the EU2 engine. Too many nasty barbarians running around all over the place; at least the IFU start date of 750 had some kind of stability to work with (e.g. Italy/France semi-settled down).

Maybe you'll want to set up tonnes of events which transfer ownership of provinces if someone has controlled them for a year or so? Is anything like this possible? Perhaps each country's historical cores could be given, say, 3 events for changing control to ownership (with yearly offsets), and one succeeding could 'wake' the next one (in case that province was lost). Hmm, I should read Havard's guide.

Another idea might be to make large destabilising/destructive random events kick in at countrysizes above 5, and even worse ones kick in above 10... these could depend on centralisation, so barbarians could be more prone to this than the Byzantines

Still, a nice thing to attempt. And having been that negative, I'd be willing to try and give you a hand, especially if you give me specific tasks. Some experience with scenario editing, zero experience with events, but I have spent far too much time peeking at the EU2 event files so I can plan my campaigns better (well, it's important to know _all_ the disadvantages of serfdom/innovativeness!)

Originally posted by Lofman
For simplicitys sake I've only removed the initial 1 from the in-game year in mind only (so it starts in the in-game year of 1476 representing 476). I should note that I haven't abandoned the Lofman's History scenario, I'm still working on it.

Why don't you just use Unlimited Time Patch v2.0?:confused: Wierd...:)

Re: Re: 476 Scenario

Originally posted by JosipT
Why don't you just use Unlimited Time Patch v2.0?:confused: Wierd...:)

There are serious problems, especially with early starts. The tech costs go all screwy, and until the latest rebel morale changes they used to quickly become invincible (not sure whether they work ok now because of the morale=attacker morale change). Also the badboy 'limit' goes negative, because it usually increases with time.

Thanks for your support

To Doomfarer, Ostrogoths smashing Odovakar is nothing. Langobards on the other hand, luckily they only need to (a rough simplification comes here) first move into Austria after Odovakar have smashed the Rugians without occupying their territory (will probably have some event so that this can happen in the scenario) and later moving in into Italy after Roman Empire have crushed the Ostrogoths. And starting later would mean no Geiserik (rules to 497) and no Theoderik Strabo (to 481, after his death Theoderik, son of Thiudimir is left as the only Ostrogoth ruler). And starting in the 500-hundreds would mean no Syagrius, no Julius Nepos, and no possibility to keep the western part of the Roman Empire alive as an administrational entity (happens if you keep Romulus Augustulus as your puppet in the event).

To Wryun, starting as late as the IFU would mean no Vandals! And no scenario is complete without the civilized Vandals ;). And that would also mean that all the work have allready actually been done, and the unlimited time patch would be necessary unless you want a short 750-819 scenario. 476-819 means that instead you only need some imagination and get some time to play ;). The destabilizing random events for larger nations is a very good idea. For the moving "Barbarians" one might find some inspiration from the EEP events for the Uzbeks move south. I'm planning to base the events for the movements on those events.

JosipT, the reason I don't use the unlimited time patch is the reasons wryun wrote and also I don't want to force anyone that thinks this scenario to be interesting to use it.

For now I would request monarchs for (Eastern) Roman Empire for this time (1476-1819 gamewise). Use Ids 15088 and up. What I have for the moment for them is just this:

Code:
[COLOR=silver]#(Eastern) Roman Empire#

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 15088 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1476
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1491
	}
	name = "Zenon"
	DIP = 6
	MIL = 6
	ADM = 6
}

#Ids used 15088-[/COLOR]
I want more then that short monarchfile ;)

Now to Religions in this scenario.
For the moment these are the religions in play (some countries may have the wrong religion but that will then be fixed):
-pagan: those "Barbarians" outside "Roman territory" (roughly)
-catholic: Represents Catholicism and Greek-Orthodox (still no major differense between them). Rome (W & E), Burgundy, J. Nepos, Syagrius, Svebians.
-orthodox: Represent Copts and other Eastern Churches (not Greek-Orthodox, those are counted as catholic). No nations have this as state religion. Name for religion needed.
-protestant: Represents Arianism, State religion for Tolosan Empire, Ostrogoths and Vandalia.
Other religions not used in the scenario yet:
-reformed: Have no idea what to let this represent.
-CRC: see above
-sunni: will represent Islam
-shiite: may use as Mazdeism/Zoroastrism (as in Lofman's History)
-hinduism: Probably Hinduism
-buddhism: Probably Buddhism
-confucianism: Probably Confucianism

Reason why Mazdeism/Zoroastrism isn't used yet is that I have yet to include Sasanid Persia on the map, Islam isn't used because it didn't exist yet.

Re: Re: Re: 476 Scenario

Originally posted by wryun
There are serious problems, especially with early starts. The tech costs go all screwy, and until the latest rebel morale changes they used to quickly become invincible (not sure whether they work ok now because of the morale=attacker morale change). Also the badboy 'limit' goes negative, because it usually increases with time.

Oh, yes thats logical... Thanks!

To Wryun, starting as late as the IFU would mean no Vandals! And no scenario is complete without the civilized Vandals ;). And that would also mean that all the work have allready actually been done, and the unlimited time patch would be necessary unless you want a short 750-819 scenario. 476-819 means that instead you only need some imagination and get some time to play ;). The destabilizing random events for larger nations is a very good idea. For the moving "Barbarians" one might find some inspiration from the EEP events for the Uzbeks move south. I'm planning to base the events for the movements on those events.

Hey, I wasn't suggesting starting as late as the IFU - if that was the intention then I might as well be trying to get some action going in the IFU forum instead of being interested in a new project. Just thinking that 476 is going to be difficult... I mean, hell, even if you ignore the more fluid borders in the West at this time (I'll check out the EEP Uzbek events), what are you going to do about the Arabs/Islam, whose expansion was truly meteoric?

For now I would request monarchs for (Eastern) Roman Empire for this time (1476-1819 gamewise). Use Ids 15088 and up.

I want more then that short monarchfile ;)

Hmm, I'll try and get round to that on the weekend. The Romans ought not be much of a problem, certainly not in comparison to the Lombards or similar...

Why not just have natives rebel?
At this time it seems better to use the EU2 rather than the CK version of the engine- both Eastern Rome and the Sassanids had more in common with, say, Revolutionary France than anything before or until.

Hey, I wasn't suggesting starting as late as the IFU - if that was the intention then I might as well be trying to get some action going in the IFU forum instead of being interested in a new project. Just thinking that 476 is going to be difficult... I mean, hell, even if you ignore the more fluid borders in the West at this time (I'll check out the EEP Uzbek events), what are you going to do about the Arabs/Islam, whose expansion was truly meteoric?

I see. Well I think the Arabs will have some good events, monarchs and leaders, the basic stuff. There will probably be a morale bonus to islam also.

Hmm, I'll try and get round to that on the weekend. The Romans ought not be much of a problem, certainly not in comparison to the Lombards or similar...

Good, don't forget the monarchs skills.

Here is some of the Emperors after Zenon:
Anastasios I 491-518
Justinus I 518-527
Justinianus I 527-565 (should have good values, maybe 9/9/9 or something like that ?)

That link Kurek posted have them all, but with slightly different names (Justinus is Justin, Justinianus is Justinian for example).

Why not just have natives rebel?
At this time it seems better to use the EU2 rather than the CK version of the engine- both Eastern Rome and the Sassanids had more in common with, say, Revolutionary France than anything before or until.

Too boring if you can't play around with the various peoples, we do want to have the ability to lead Chlodovechus (uncertain about spelling, more well known as Clovis(Louis)) and the Franks to greatness ;). Some will probably be natives though, namely those we can't find any real justification for having as countries, and would be better as more or less aggressive natives.

Kurek, that link was nice. I think that site may come in handy.

Originally posted by Languish
Presumably this is with the 1.06 patch... or does the unlimited patch still work with 1.07 and/or the beta's?
AFAIK, not in the same way... IIRC, the scenario will just never end (enddate is ignored)... and you can play as long as you like...

Well, since the weekend will soon be over, I'll post up what I have of the BYZ monarchs. Unfortunately it all seemed too much like hard work, so there's still a fair bit to do :-(

Note the site mentioned in the comments, and the 'UP TO HERE' comment (which is where I got up to for the exact dates + ratings).

The monarch/dip/admin ratings are just what I felt like awarding after reading the bios at that website. The names are also taken off the website; I also tend to think it's more sensible to have the names people are familiar with instead of the 'correct' Latin versions (Chlodovechus? Hmm).

Code:
[color=white]
# (Eastern) Roman Empire #
#
# Ids used 15088-15115
#
# Draft: Information sourced primarily from [url]http://www.roman-emperors.org/[/url]

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15088 }
    name = "Zeno"
    startdate = {
        day = 17
        month = november
        year = 1474
    }
    deathdate = {
        day = 9
        month = april
        year = 1491
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 4
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15089 }
    name = "Anastasius"
    startdate = {
        day = 11
        month = april
        year = 1491
    }
    deathdate = {
        day = 8
        month = july
        year = 1518
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 5
    ADM = 8
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15090 }
    name = "Justin"
    startdate = {
        day = 9
        month = july
        year = 1518
    }
    deathdate = {
        day = 1
        month = august
        year = 1527
    }
    DIP = 4
    MIL = 4
    ADM = 4
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15091 }
    name = "Justinian I"
    startdate = {
        day = 1
        month = august
        year = 1527
    }
    deathdate = {
        day = 15
        month = november
        year = 1565
    }
    DIP = 5
    MIL = 5
    ADM = 7
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15092 }
    name = "Justin II"
    startdate = {
        day = 15
        month = november
        year = 1565
    }
    deathdate = { # 'late in the year'?
        month = september
        year = 1578
    }
    DIP = 3
    MIL = 4
    ADM = 5 # madness should be done via event
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15093 }
    name = "Tiberius II (I) Constantine"
    startdate = { # 'late in the year'?
        month = september
        year = 1578
    }
    deathdate = {
        day = 14
        month = august
        year = 1582
    }
### UP TO HERE ###
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15094 }
    name = "Maurice"
    startdate = {
        year = 1582
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1602
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15095 }
    name = "Phocas"
    startdate = {
        year = 1602
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1610
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15096 }
    name = "Heraclius"
    startdate = {
        year = 1610
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1641
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15097 }
    dormant = yes
    name = "Heraclonas"
    startdate = {
        year = 1641
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1641
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15098 }
    dormant = yes
    name = "Constantine III"
    startdate = {
        year = 1641
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1641
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15099 }
    name = "Constans II"
    startdate = {
        year = 1641
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1668
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15100 }
    name = "Constantine IV"
    startdate = {
        year = 1668
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1685
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15101 }
    name = "Leontius"
    startdate = {
        year = 1695
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1698
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15102 }
    name = "Tiberius III (II)"
    startdate = {
        year = 1698
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1705
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15103 }
    name = "Justinian II"
    startdate = {
        year = 1705
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1711
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15104 }
    name = "Bardanes"
    startdate = {
        year = 1711
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1713
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15105 }
    name = "Anastasius II"
    startdate = {
        year = 1713
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1716
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15106 }
    name = "Theodosius III"
    startdate = {
        year = 1716
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1717
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15107 }
    name = "Leo III"
    startdate = {
        year = 1717
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1741
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15108 }
    name = "Constantine V Copronymus"
    startdate = {
        year = 1741
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1775
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15109 }
    name = "Leo IV"
    startdate = {
        year = 1775
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1780
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15110 }
    name = "Constantine VI"
    startdate = {
        year = 1780
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1797
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15111 }
    name = "Irene"
    startdate = {
        year = 1797
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1802
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15112 }
    name = "Nicephorus I"
    startdate = {
        year = 1802
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1811
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15113 }
    dormant = yes
    name = "Strauracius"
    startdate = {
        year = 1811
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1811
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15114 }
    name = "Michael I"
    startdate = {
        year = 1811
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1813
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

historicalmonarch = {
    id = { type = 6 id = 15115 }
    name = "Leo V"
    startdate = {
        year = 1813
    }
    deathdate = {
        year = 1820
    }
    DIP = 6
    MIL = 6
    ADM = 6
}

# Free ids to ?

[/color]

Justinian's stats are surpsingly mediocre.
Cannot say I disagree, but just to balance I think we should make Heraclian a pre-Dark Age Napoleon.

Nice work. IMHO Justinianus should have more then 5 in military, maybe 7 or 8 would be good. He did after all crush the Ostrogoths and the Vandals (not that the Vandals were especially strong).

Most of Justinianus victories was due to his generals Belisarius and Narses. Belisarius should be made into a 6/6/6/3 general imo. And Narses should be really good too.

Justinianus should still have very good ratings though. 7/9/9 perhaps?