• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fransesco II*

Fransesco became Duke in January 1468. In April all his land had been conquered by the Karamans and neither any forces or fortress existed that could oppose the turkish tribe. The Emir of Karman forced the Duke to agree to a peace witch gave Smyrna and Anatolia to KArman and also made the Duke a vassal to the Emirate of Karaman. It was a time of humiliation...

a6.jpg

Fransesco began to try to get his Duchy on its feet again. The stability was at bottom and the treasury was empty. Inflation had reached an amazing number of 30 percent and he had no troops to his disposal, but as the bird Phoenix, Fransesco was determined to raise Athens to glory again. How ever, for now it seemed best to play along with Karaman.

Karman demanded that Athens would join there alliance in 1471 witch Fransesco agreed to. Soon afterwards Karaman declared war upon Ak Koyunlu. Fransesco agreed to join on Karamans side in the war but send no forces. Gladly he could watch that Karaman was defeated and had to give up Sivas.

Well be glad that Karaman is nothing to what the Ottomans would be, had they not been crushed. Karaman has no leaders, relatively poor monarchs, no events and muslim tech-group, so they are atleast not going to keep up in technology.

Does Karaman have CBs on the OE's old provinces? If not, Karaman might let rebels take a few provs, than after a couple of years, the OE might re-appear. Yoghurt, you might have to help out your hated allied enemy with the rebels. One nearby enemy is bad, two close enemies is worse. On the bright side, you are using the (somewhat) fail-safe strategy of being in an alliance with your muslim enemy, aka the BYZ survival strategy. You should be able to pick up a few provinces from BYZ when Karaman declares war on them.

mud

Originally posted by Lofman
Well be glad that Karaman is nothing to what the Ottomans would be, had they not been crushed. Karaman has no leaders, relatively poor monarchs, no events and muslim tech-group, so they are atleast not going to keep up in technology.

Well yea, but I cant avoid getting a kind of creeping feeling that when you have eliminated one turkic nation another one just line up in front of you... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mudder
Does Karaman have CBs on the OE's old provinces? If not, Karaman might let rebels take a few provs, than after a couple of years, the OE might re-appear. Yoghurt, you might have to help out your hated allied enemy with the rebels. One nearby enemy is bad, two close enemies is worse. On the bright side, you are using the (somewhat) fail-safe strategy of being in an alliance with your muslim enemy, aka the BYZ survival strategy. You should be able to pick up a few provinces from BYZ when Karaman declares war on them.

mud

Dont think they do and thanks for tip... I think I will do just that... after all the Emperor have become an heretic and should be punished for that :rolleyes: :D ;)

Originally posted by Anibal
Why don't you strike albania, the knights or some other small neighbour? Well, good AAR!

Cause Im afraid it will destroy my relations with other catholic nations and possible allies and only give me satisfaction for a short term but be punished in the long term. Im waiting for some other neighbour to annex them, then I can strike at that nation instead and incorporate territory without having to annex :)

[Dark Silence]. I hope Yoghurt didn't get "hurt" :D while battling the overwhelming hordes of unwashed heathens, infidels, and assorted unbelievers.

Originally posted by mudder
[Dark Silence]. I hope Yoghurt didn't get "hurt" :D while battling the overwhelming hordes of unwashed heathens, infidels, and assorted unbelievers.

Nope, but I have reentered the rpg 1420 here on the forum so I have spent some time to get my things togheter over there lately :D You should enter it to, fun like hell... :D ;)

I´ll try to pull myself togheter soon and update this AAR aswell ;)