• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

timfrombriz

Second Lieutenant
24 Badges
Mar 29, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities in Motion
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
From http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...Really-!!!&p=18144915&viewfull=1#post18144915
There are so many legal obstacles to open sourcing Cities in Motion that it's not something we can consider at this time.

Cities: Skylines is a different game than Cities in Motion for sure. However if we're successful with it, maybe it opens doors to continue developing Cities in Motion games as well. We can't do it all at once and even if we have the will we are sadly missing the means at this time.

Early 2014 from CO_Martsu; when approached about improvements to CIM2 privately;

Thanks for your suggestions, we have noticed them on the Forum. We're working on something rather big at the moment and all of our time is going to that. So unfortunately we haven't had a chance to take on any requests. We'll be looking into further development after we're done with the current one, but basically it all comes down to publisher's priorities and how we get to push for the suggestions. We'll do our best though!

And thank you for your support and dedication to our game!

Cheers,
Mariina

And back in January this year Mariina said on the paradox forums...
I think there are 10 game ideas for each of the developers here and probably in all possible genres :D My personal wish is continuing Cities: Skylines and Cities in Motion in the future and maybe make some awesome simulation games about amusement parks and ponies and maybe a historical city builder at some point.

And I have a plan to making all this happen: So if all the people in the world get a copy of Cities: Skylines we will be able to grow Colossal to a super mega simulation game development corporation making all the games we have ever wanted to. Until that happens we just need to work on one game at a time...

The tone here in the forums as of late has been quite angry, entitled and even though it may be warranted due to the lack of attention given to CIM2 after release, it has no positive effect on the future of the franchise. In my opinion, it only serves to deter the CO team to come back to the series as it would be like opening a can of worm of whingers. C:SL has sold exceptionally well, and the CIM series is close to the heart of the core CO team. This is a game they would want to play themselves, and is where they started as a team. However its market appeal is vastly smaller than other genres of simulation strategy games, and this may very well influence the decision to invest in the series. CO_Martsu has in the past been vocal about her want to improve the series, and paradox has a strong influence on that decision.

Perhaps CO_Martsu (who I know searches these forums for her username ;P) will provide us with a more updated detail about the future of the franchise.

Last edited:
I really want a CiM3 to happen. I killed so much time with this game, despite every bug and every poor design decision. I think CO learned pretty well from their faults in their previous games and these new experiences led to the very successfull Cities:Skylines.
My hope is, that CO takes these experiences as well to serve the best Cities in Motion game ever made. Hope dies last.

I'm with ya too!