• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

attolmo

Second Lieutenant
86 Badges
Feb 27, 2012
www.youtube.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • 500k Club
vampkingdomsbanner1.jpg

Greetings friends,

So way back in CKII 1.0..x or something, I reworked Mr. Capiatlist's mod "Glorious Knights and Terror in the Night" with some additions. Well I had some free time and have, after a long hiatus, updated my Vampire Kingdoms mod to a 2.0 version that is compatible with CKII 2.3.3 (I hope ... heh).

A link to the old 1.0 version thread on the paradox forums can be found here:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?675539-MOD-Vampire-Kingdoms-GKnTN-redux

Anywho, what does it do? Basically it adds a rather nice version of vampires into the game. Details are below.

* Become a vampire! There are four different types of vampire. The first three are the Tarsas (schemers and seducers), the von Tannenfels (rulers and Vlad the Impaler types) and the Haineux (warrior vampires). The fourth, the Puternic are not available to become as basically you're a nosferatu type vampire. There will be AI controlled ones though of the fourth type. You can either wait for a special event to pop up which might lead you down one of these paths (these are multi-step storylike events) or there is a Decision to become one. You start with your vampiric nature hidden (so a Tannenfels vampire will have the trait Princely rather than the Tannenfels trait), but you can choose to "come out of the coffin" so to speak. Doing so opens a whole array of further options.

* Your fertility is obviously in the crapper as a vampire (though you are technically immortal). You can spread your vampirism to courtiers or you have a choice to groome a Childe. This spawns a youth of your dynasty whom you can eventually turn into a vampire to succeed you.

* There are two mutually exclusive undead kingdoms that can be formed. The Kingdom of Morthal and the Kingdom of the Darklands are now creatable by vampires with CoA and stuff and things. You can't form both, so choose wisely. Not that there's much of a difference (at the current release).

* There are two Holy orders available and two Merc groups available (though the Merc groups won't be available if you are too far away from Eastern Europe ... I think). Once you are a King of either Morthal or the Darklands, you can also spawn zombies and skeletons. Its expensive to summon them, but they can be worthwhile (I have nerfed them since 1.0 though). As you're hated by people around you once you're a revealed vampire, expect Holy Wars, Crusades and Jihads against you. Its not easy being a bloodsucker. So the ability to raise zombie and skeleton armies to serve you in a pinch will come in handy.

* Welcome to the religion of the vampires! Would you like some cookies? The Morthali religion of the Sanguine group now has a religious head. The Dracul of the Cult of Blood is a landless, titular title based in a county in Transylvania (which one depends on the mod you're using, but it should be Feher). The Dracul *should* be able to call a crusade (called The Blackening) but I don't know how to trigger this to test to see if it works. Invasion CB and Holy War CB work fine though.

* There are lots of other scripted events and flavour stuff ... like vampiric taint spreading through you realm, instilling fear in the peasants and the like. Enjoy!

I'll post links to a dropbox download of the mod below as well as a list of things I intend on working on. As well as some bug like issues. So far, it seems to run just fine. As it doesn't replace any files, just adds to them, it should be compatible with just about any mod *crosses fingers*. It used to be compatible with Lux Invicta, Project Balance and the like, but I haven't tested it yet with the updates to all of those. So enjoy and please report to me if you find anything of note.

Enjoy!

Download Direct: https://www.dropbox.com/s/np99z4oyt7bip97/vampirekingdoms.2.0.3b.zip?dl=0
Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406897680

Last edited:
Issues Wanting to Resolve
So these are primary issues I want to address first.

1. Make it so the Dracul (religious head) is created with one of the vampire traits or attains it rapidly upon succeeding.

2. So right now, the commanders of the two mercenary groups (the Flesheaters and the Bonemen) and the two holy orders (The Blood Knights and the Knights in Black) are not vampires. I can't seem to make the game have them be created as vampires. Thoughts on how to do this?

3. I need to test to see if the Dracul will call a vampiric crusade (the Blackening). Not sure how to force this so it tests. If someone is able to make it fire off, let me know.

Ideas for Future
A list of things I'd like to expand on, but are not primary issues.

1. Create some interesting count/ducal titles that are vampiric based.

2. Create some minor/court titles.

3. Create a means of creating "ghoul" families (perhaps the baron level families).

4. Fix the religion so that its possible for any vampiric ruler to be elected the Dracul. So something like HRE type thing, but for a religious head title. Possible?

5. Test out all of the various story events (this is something users can help me with) and create new ones.

6. Play around with the vampire traits so there's more RPish like interaction between vampires of different clans. Perhaps create a few more clans. DEFINITELY want to create a couple cultural clans for muslims, norse and India. Will be getting on that soon.

I'm trying to stay away from using things like World of Darkness material. Prefer the original stuff that MC initially came up with and I've expanded upon.

Verson 2.0.2

BUGS

- Puternic vampires will no longer be on permanent pilgrimage.
- Added a few missing localizations.
- Changed Events designations from 1000093000-1000093999 range to vampkings.93000-vampkings.93999

GENERAL

- Changed AI opinion modifiers for outted vampires to -50 (there was nothing there before). For those sharing the same vampire trait, the same_opinion is now 75 for a net of +25, which is where it was before.
- Head of religion, mercenary and holy order heads will be set as vampires (around Jan 20th) soon after the game starts.

RELIGION

- Morthal religion now has the following attributes to it:
- Women can now hold temples and have no negative to opinion for doing so
- Followers of religion may now designate their heir (in accordance with their succession laws).
This gives vampire lords the ability to designate their Childe as their heir if they so wish.
- Priests are now called Primogen (I know its a WoD title, but its a great word *grin*)
** This is not working for some reason. I can't see what the problem is. If someone wants to peak into the religion and locatlization files, please let me know if you see the problem.
- All existing vanilla kingdoms now have a crusade weight on them for the Morthali religion, so technically the Dracul might call a crusade any time after the end of the 11th century. Again, this needs tested.

EVENTS

- If one succeeds at inviting the Haineux vampire to court and he becomes your champion, he now gaines a new trait called 'Vampire Champion' which has bonus opinion for the liege and makes a good commander.

REALMS

- King/Queen of Morthal is now called the Blood King/Queen
- King/Queen of the Darklands is now called Ur-King/Queen

Version 2.0.1
- Groom Childe decision will now, if successful, create a child of your dynasty.

Last edited:
Any chance kingdoms could be transformed into empires or perhaps create an event to form an empire of darkness? Some events stop working after you switch from kingdom to an empire.

So, when I tried to groom a childe, it produced an heir that was not of my dynasty -- I should probably note that I'm playing as Adele Karling, the last Karling Countess.

Hey Morissette and scanty. I will get to those two issues when I get home Sunday night. The grooming a Childe one in particular is troubling.

Thanx MC. That's the great thing about CK2. Not all that complicated. I'm the furthest thing from a coder and I get it ... sort of. :)

Ooooo I've been hoping this mod, or something like it, would one day return. So happy.

What is exactly the problem with making mercenary leaders et aliud into vampires? Assigning the trait ingame or setting up the character history for them?

As for the religious head and religión in general:

-I don't know how heavy do you plan this mod to become, but it would be reasonable to hace at least one vampiric religión per vanilla religious group. Also, if the idea is that vampirism only start spreading after you start playing, the most inmersive approach would be yo start as an unreformed headless religión that can be reformed one you met whatever conditions, making yourself the head. Given that the holder is immortal, if you want a particular succession the Best would be to handle the title by event on ruler death (e.g. To the oldest or most powerful vampire of the religión, in terms of number of holdings).

I' looking forward to what can you come up regarding to lore these vampires lore. I think in general I'm too influenced by WoD to make original imput on that.

Generally speaking: Good luck!

Edit:
Some minor imput:
-in the steam page there is a link not to this page, but to an old 2013 thread
-the file vampire_objectives inside common/objectives is empty
-You would eventually want to convert the "bite" minor titles into triggered decisions.

Last edited:
For mercs/holy orders/religious heads to get a random vampire trait, I imagine this kind of event would work:
Code:
event name = {
                       trigger = {
                                 OR = {
                                      title = d_black_knights
                                      title = d_blood_knights
                                  }
                                  NOT = {
                                         has_character_flag = vampire_trait
                                  }
                        }
                        mean_time_to_happen = {
	                         days = 1
                        }
                        random = {
                        add the vampire traits you want and character flag vampire_trait
                        }              
}

So I don't post much on the forums, but I felt the need to post here to show how much I enjoy this mod. I'm currently playing a custom ruler of Venice, who is the "Ruler" archetype of Vampire, and its been loads of fun. The mod blends well with vanilla and adds tons of flare to vanilla. I've been playing for 5 hours now, and I only stopped playing my character to post this. For such a simple mod, and not in a bad way mind you simplicity is key in my humble opinion, it changes so much on how I roleplay and my long term goals (I like to RP my characters). Anyway, good luck on continuing the project and I hope this post didn't bore you guys too much.

Last edited:
Question, what expansions, if any, does one need to play this?

Just a quick update....

2.0.1 available via Steam or dropbox on first post

Fixed the whole childe your groom not being your dynasty thing.

Its just a quick fix. I have a bunch I was working on, but somehow my flags got shifted, so they're all off by like one or something and showing the wrong ones (with one of them showing some randomly generated coa).

Once I fix that little tid-bit, I'll have a better update to post, but I know the child/dynasty one was of particular note to get fixed.

Last edited:
Right. Another update, this one a bit bigger. Download link on first post.

Verson 2.0.2

BUGS

- Puternic vampires will no longer be on permanent pilgrimage.
- Added a few missing localizations.
- Changed Events designations from 1000093000-1000093999 range to vampkings.93000-vampkings.93999

GENERAL

- Changed AI opinion modifiers for outted vampires to -50 (there was nothing there before). For those sharing the same vampire trait, the same_opinion is now 75 for a net of +25, which is where it was before.
- Head of religion, mercenary and holy order heads will be set as vampires (around Jan 20th) soon after the game starts.

RELIGION

- Morthal religion now has the following attributes to it:
- Women can now hold temples and have no negative to opinion for doing so
- Followers of religion may now designate their heir (in accordance with their succession laws).
This gives vampire lords the ability to designate their Childe as their heir if they so wish.
- Priests are now called Primogen (I know its a WoD title, but its a great word *grin*)
** This is not working for some reason. I can't see what the problem is. If someone wants to peak into the religion and locatlization files, please let me know if you see the problem.
- All existing vanilla kingdoms now have a crusade weight on them for the Morthali religion, so technically the Dracul might call a crusade any time after the end of the 11th century. Again, this needs tested.

EVENTS

- If one succeeds at inviting the Haineux vampire to court and he becomes your champion, he now gaines a new trait called 'Vampire Champion' which has bonus opinion for the liege and makes a good commander.

REALMS

- King/Queen of Morthal is now called the Blood King/Queen
- King/Queen of the Darklands is now called Ur-King/Queen

I just downloaded 2.02 and there's a problem with the Dracul position, the dracul becomes a vampire like he's supposed to but then he loses the dracul spot and another person gains it, then that person loses it, then a new person and so on. No Dracul lasts more than two or three days before they're replaced

I just downloaded 2.02 and there's a problem with the Dracul position, the dracul becomes a vampire like he's supposed to but then he loses the dracul spot and another person gains it, then that person loses it, then a new person and so on. No Dracul lasts more than two or three days before they're replaced

Hrm. I think I know what's going on there. Will get to it pronto.

Bug Report:

IDK if this is intentional, but I saw random human rulers with some of these. One was a catholic arch-bishop. Another was a hindu baron. More importantly, neither of these vampire champion characters had revealed themselves to be vampires., yet still had the trait vampire champions.

** Also, I keep seeing random vampires without any education traits of any kind.

** Finally, there's an event that can net you a kid -- except, it isn't of your dynasty. :(

Opinion/Suggestion:
Also, aren't the vampires starting off with rather large stat/opinion bonuses? From what I gathered, vampires seem to get regular events for their stats raising; Would be nice if age = power.

Would really like to see an empire level title, too. Doesn't need anything special yet, it's just so you can keep getting the events/flavor from the king level titles without missing out on the empire perks.