• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ben606

Comrade
80 Badges
Nov 24, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
DEMOCRACY IN AMERICA
A Semi-Interactive Kaiserreich AAR

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
- President Abraham Lincoln

Welcome to Democracy in America, a reboot of my first real attempt at an AAR. I was unable to continue or really even start my first attempted AAR due to technical probelms with my old computer. I am hoping that almost a year later and with all those technical problems sorted out that I can get back on the horse. This ARR will follow the endeavours of America through the years of the Second Weltkrieg as directed by you, the people. Every decision made available to me in the game will be presented before the forum and then voted upon, including which faction to play as during the Second Civil War, should it occour at all. In this way, you the people will guide the course of the nation, while I will concern myself with directing your will. I will begin by posting a prelude, which I actually managed to put out on my first attempt, and then if any interest for this reboot is shown, I will begin! This ARR is quite obviously inspired by Tommy4ever's Blood and Iron, which you can check out here.

THE RULES
- I reserve the right to veto for any reason whatsoever, though I will only do so in the most dire of situations, if not at all.

- This is not an ARR for roleplay. The interactive nature of the ARR only goes so far as you being able to vote upon the direction of gameplay. Thus, you may not create political parties, characters, or anything else of the sort. I do encourage you to debate decisions on the thread, yet without any roleplay aspect.

- Maintain civility. I don't want to have to ask a moderator for help and to tell you the truth I don't quite know how to.

- You may make proposals to me concerning the direction of the gameplay. If I believe they have merit, I will put them to a vote. Sometimes I will put my own proposals, mostly concerning military tactics and production, to a vote even though there is not really a decision available in game.

- When a vote takes place I will have a header above a picture of the decision or a description of voting options. All votes must be in BOLD. This is so I know it is a vote to avoid confusion.

- Since we can only really do one vote at a time, and there will be many of them, the duration in which voting will be open will always be at minimum 24 hours.

- There may be periods of time in which I am unable to work on this ARR for a plethora of reasons. I apologize for this in advance.

illustration-of-submarine-warfare-P.jpeg

Let it begins, I will support Huey Long no matter what

I'm in.

Not to nitpick, but did you get a mod to approve this? It is required and most people name the mod who approved it in their opening post to avoid having the thread closed. Otherwise, I will be following. KR is the best mod IMO.

I'm in, like Flynn.

Let it begins, I will support Huey Long no matter what

Same here:
Commune of France/Internationale delenda est.

Finally some Huey Long supporters appeared :v

I'm in! Go CSA! Viva la proletariat!

Hmm... the CSA path is heartwarming but kinda overdone, the federal government path is bland and has also been done before... Going with Huey Long would be fun if you are good at writing political intrigue and personal dramas, that kind of stuff...

But hey, why not PSA, actually? Hasn't been done much before, a bigger challenge than any of the three main factions with very distinct gameplay. Its leadership might be a bit bland at first sight, but it could probably be spiced up.

Not to nitpick, but did you get a mod to approve this? It is required and most people name the mod who approved it in their opening post to avoid having the thread closed. Otherwise, I will be following. KR is the best mod IMO.

AHH! I completely forgot about this and have already sent a message to a moderator. The AAR fits under the category of "mildly" interactive so I do not think there will be a problem, though I will refrain from holding any votes on anything until I have approval for it. I only thought it wasn't necessary because I started my last AAR attempt and even held a vote without anybody asking about it or any moderators freezing the thread. Sorry about this guys! I will post a prelude probably sometime today or tomorrow while I wait for approval.

AHH! I completely forgot about this and have already sent a message to a moderator. The AAR fits under the category of "mildly" interactive so I do not think there will be a problem, though I will refrain from holding any votes on anything until I have approval for it. I only thought it wasn't necessary because I started my last AAR attempt and even held a vote without anybody asking about it or any moderators freezing the thread. Sorry about this guys! I will post a prelude probably sometime today or tomorrow while I wait for approval.

Unfortunately, you need approval even for mildly interactive/something as simple as voting. My current one (United No Longer) is roughly the same in that I hold votes on my custom events...and it needed approval for that.

If you've messaged a mod though, there shouldn't be an issue provided they say yes.

Also, subbed.

This will really be an election between the CSA and AUS. Who would vote for the Republicans or Democrats? Or the California secessionists?

If Kurt can join, so can I. Looking forward to this kicking off.

Well, assuming you get it -- I'm in!