• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Due to the massive amount of traffic to the forums following the Cities: Skylines launch, we decided to postpone this a week. So the new dates for this is 23/3-27/3 unless something else is communicated! Thanks for your patience!

Hi guys!

The future is upon us! Through out the years vBulletin has served us well! Time has come for change however, and in two weeks we will be moving over to be using Xenforo instead. We've planned for about a week where the forum will be running on less than optimal grounds due to us having to tweak things, correct bugs etc. We ask for your patience and understanding during this time! We plan for this to happen the week between the 16th and 20th of March 2015!

The new forum will come with a bunch of new features (of which we may remove/disable any at any time should they prove to not work out well) such as:
- Developer post filtering (you can filter a thread to only show the developer posts in there)
- Post and thread tagging/rating to help you find what you seek faster!
- Improved account handling. We will move over to be using only Paradox Accounts which will make things run a lot smoother as today's double account system is cause for much dismay and confusion (Don't worry! You will appear exactly like you did on these forums still. Same display name, post count, registration date etc)
- Much improved mobile compatibility
...and more!

How will this affect you?
- You will have to merge your forum account with a Paradox Account! We ask you to do it before we move to the new forums for an easier time for both you and us! You will still be given the same opportunities in the new forums if you didn't merge your account in time. To encourage this we will soon be removing the old login method and trigger everyone to be asked to merge once more.

During the transition phase:
- We will be keeping this old forum open in parallel during the transition phase. Please note that any posts made after March-16 on this forum will not be available on/copied to the new forum. We intend to keep the old forum open only to be able to communicate with you.
The stages will be:
1. This forum stops saving new posts/edits
2. The new forum appears on forum.paradoxplaza.com - it will look very similar to the old ones using the Deep Blue Edited skin (the most commonly used one)
3. The old forums will still be available, still in no saving mode on another domain that will be communicated to you
4. When we are confident the new forum works properly we will put the old ones in a read only state. They will still be accessible on a URL communicated later, but only to read. No new posts can be made.

Please note that you will keep the same forum name and PM restrictions on the new forums! No need to ask about that. Maybe it will change at some point, but not right away.

Thank you!

/Bjorn

Castellon Edit:
Popular questions:
Q1) Have I merged my account?
A)If you log in with your e-mail as user name then you have merged your account, If you log in with your forum nick then you have not merged your account. There is only those 2 situations. ie if you have merged your account the forum will not let you login with your forum name anymore.

Q2) How do I merge accounts?
A)
Log out of the forums, then log back in with the black Paradox login button, on the pop up will be an option to register, during the registration it will prompt you with your forum name if it has the same associated e-mail address. otherwise you need to tell it what your forum name is, make sure it is your correct name otherwise you will lose access to your account.

I have also turned off the ability to post attachments on this forum now and posted a warning to that effect.
We have also shut off new member signup and registering games until the new forum is active.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
"Developer Post Tagging" sounds like a winner to me! :) Q however, "Developer" is not the same thing as "Paradox Employee" - So will it pick up posts from non-developer employees, e.g. Susana and Fred?

Looking forward to a seamless changeover! ;)

Will everyone be sent an email about the change or will you display a 'warning' at the top of the forum ?
Will you have notices in subforums ?

Aside of that, looking forward to the new forum....and the obligatory complaints thread. ;)

People working for Paradox will have the choice of tagging a post as official information or just regular banter with other users. So there will be posts made by employees not filtered out in here. This should enable any Paradox employee to be active on the forums while still letting people find official information easily. With official information I mean news, posts like #1 in this thread, patch notes, announcements etc.

Scary :eek:

No chances for user made polls? :p
Good to have thread ratings back.
And still no custom avatars, say for people with over 20000 posts? :happy:

Ok, do stored personal messages get carried over? Along with some... eh, infractions/warnings? (castellon day soon...! :))

Change and decay in all around I see...

No chances for user made polls? :p
Good to have thread ratings back.
And still no custom avatars, say for people with over 20000 posts? :happy:
And still no ability to change username? :huh:

As long as we keep our forum icons it is fine with me. =p

df0ff33f266f32214d219b927452e45fc1dffeaee2a32c2df03cac793d08d36a.jpg

While we can keep our current username, will we be able to change our username?

Hi guys!

The future is upon us! Through out the years vBulletin has served us well! Time has come for change however, and in two weeks we will be moving over to be using Xenforo instead. We've planned for about a week where the forum will be running on less than optimal grounds due to us having to tweak things, correct bugs etc. We ask for your patience and understanding during this time! We plan for this to happen the week between the 16th and 20th of March 2015!

The new forum will come with a bunch of new features (of which we may remove/disable any at any time should they prove to not work out well) such as:
- Developer post filtering (you can filter a thread to only show the developer posts in there)
- Improved account handling. We will move over to be using only Paradox Accounts which will make things run a lot smoother as today's double account system is cause for much dismay and confusion (Don't worry! You will appear exactly like you did on these forums still. Same display name, post count, registration date etc)
- Much improved mobile compatibility
...and more!

How will this affect you?
- You will have to merge your forum account with a Paradox Account! We ask you to do it before we move to the new forums for an easier time for both you and us! You will still be given the same opportunities in the new forums if you didn't merge your account in time. To encourage this we will soon be removing the old login method and trigger everyone to be asked to merge once more.

- We will be keeping this old forum open in parallel during the transition phase. Please note that any posts made after March-16 on this forum will not be available on/copied to the new forum. We intend to keep the old forum open only to be able to communicate with you.
The stages will be:
2. The new forum appears on forum.paradoxplaza.com - it will look very similar to the old ones using the Deep Blue Edited skin (the most commonly used one)
3. The old forums will still be available, still in no saving mode on another domain that will be communicated to you
4. When we are confident the new forum works properly we will put the old ones in a read only state. They will still be accessible on a URL communicated later, but only to read. No new posts can be made.

Please note that you will keep the same forum name and PM restrictions on the new forums! No need to ask about that. Maybe it will change at some point, but not right away.

Thank you!

/Björn

To be totally blunt, as certain things have indicated that if we/I don't give feedback, Paradox may not be aware of it.

There are two things I want in a new forum. One of them I addressed yesterday, specifically outlining I'd still want it today, and the other is the ability to change my username.

Xenforo
Never heard of it. This makes me a bit nervous as to the quality.

Developer post filtering
Given the huge unique avatars the Devs have, this, IMO, is of limited use. Don't get me wrong, it is of use, it is a good idea, but it's not really the 'best thing since sliced bread'

Post and thread tagging
I am a bit confused as to exactly what this would mean. If it means I can click an icon to somehow personally sticky certain things, I'm all for it; but it seems to be the ability to add a word tag, which is of far less use.

Improved account handling
I hope this means the ability to change your username. If I understand how this might work, your "official" forum name would become your PDX account, but, that would be 'invisible' to everyone. For example, your PDX username might be xo~Bjorn_Bjornsenson~ox but only you would ever know that as you'd forever appear as "BjornB" What I hope is that since your "official" name is that long thing, you could change your username to "BjörnB" as your username only becomes what is 'visible' and your account name is stable.

Much improved mobile compatibility
To be honest, I don't care. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to sound rude, but I do not use mobile devices. Sure I know many people do, but I don't. This point does not 'sell' to me, and as outlined, none of the above do either. Leading me to...

...and more
Please outline some of these. As mentioned, none of the above really makes me think this is a good thing for me. Sure it's your forum, you are the owner, and can do whatever you want with it, but it sounds like you are trying to 'sell' people on the change - a logical move - but I am not 'sold'

Great! Looking forward to this. Hopefully it will be warned properly on these forums though.
EDIT:
To be totally blunt, as certain things have indicated that if we/I don't give feedback, Paradox may not be aware of it.

There are two things I want in a new forum. One of them I addressed yesterday, specifically outlining I'd still want it today, and the other is the ability to change my username.

Xenforo
Never heard of it. This makes me a bit nervous as to the quality.

Developer post filtering
Given the huge unique avatars the Devs have, this, IMO, is of limited use. Don't get me wrong, it is of use, it is a good idea, but it's not really the 'best thing since sliced bread'

Post and thread tagging
I am a bit confused as to exactly what this would mean. If it means I can click an icon to somehow personally sticky certain things, I'm all for it; but it seems to be the ability to add a word tag, which is of far less use.

Completely disagreeing with above post though. Personal stickies? meh, would cause confusion and be a big hassle. Word tags? Great! Dev post filtering? My dream! Xenforo? Good!

...and more
Please outline some of these. As mentioned, none of the above really makes me think this is a good thing for me. Sure it's your forum, you are the owner, and can do whatever you want with it, but it sounds like you are trying to 'sell' people on the change - a logical move - but I am not 'sold'
Sold? You choose to use the forum, and it won't be reverted. To me, this is not tempting people, only information.

Last edited:
I am a bit wary of the rating. What does that mean? Does it mean that if many people downvote your post it will be hidded/deleted? Because that would be horrible and really detrimental to the forum, since it can stiffle discussion if a majority just downvotes the disagreeing minority.
The stages will be:
Does this mean that everything posted in that week won't be saved? Or can we post in the new forum during that week and have it saved there?
As far as I understood on Castellon as recently as a few days ago, the posts made during the transition will be moved too, but edits won't. That has changed? Why?
Also you won't transfer all old the old posts to the new forum?

Improved account handling
I hope this means the ability to change your username. If I understand how this might work, your "official" forum name would become your PDX account, but, that would be 'invisible' to everyone. For example, your PDX username might be xo~Bjorn_Bjornsenson~ox but only you would ever know that as you'd forever appear as "BjornB" What I hope is that since your "official" name is that long thing, you could change your username to "BjörnB" as your username only becomes what is 'visible' and your account name is stable.
I certainly don't hope that they allow changing usernames on a whim, since that will break continuity on the forums and at least partially break the community. People know each other here which allowing changing usernames on a whim would start undermining. Furthermore allowing the change of usernames on a whim would make trolling easier, since you just change your username to something and then troll under that and then change back to your own.

Great!

Will thread-marking be added?

Status
Not open for further replies.