25 tiles mod works. Next up: 81 tiles mod

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for this video, didn't expect this mod to come out this fast.
I have heard the person saying it used 2.8GB of ram with 25 tiles and that the CPU usage was 60% i have no idea what kind of cpu or gpu he has.

lol Im glad we already have this mod even before the release. XD

But you can see that he lag a bit even if most of 25 titles are empty. I wonder of anyone will be able to run the 25 titles when they are all full of buildings and cars and stuff.

lol Im glad we already have this mod even before the release. XD

But you can see that he lag a bit even if most of 25 titles are empty. I wonder of anyone will be able to run the 25 titles when they are all full of buildings and cars and stuff.
That may be as much due to streaming as actual lag.

I'd guess the next evolution in 'mods' is to just do away with the whole "tiles" thing altogether and just have whole maps of various sizes that are completely open to build on.
Course, only the government can afford the computer it would take to run it.
(I can hear the "Never say never" and "I can dream, can't I?" crowd now).

You can try it, but better you than me.

25, 36, 49, 64, 81, 100, etc..

it's all fine, but also on ultrafast engines only if the tiles are not full as one city - maybe a good thing to build more cities in a region etc.

*edit*
how big is the region around the 9 or 25 tiles? i mean, how many tiles are max possible on the whole map/region?

Last edited:
25, 36, 49, 64, 81, 100, etc..

it's all fine, but also on ultrafast engines only if the tiles are not full as one city - maybe a good thing to build more cities in a region etc.

*edit*
how big is the region around the 9 or 25 tiles? i mean, how many tiles are max possible on the whole map/region?

Default game: you can unlock up to 9 out of 25 selectable tiles in a 5x5 tile grid.
25 tile mod: unlocks all 25 selectable tiles = 5 tiles x 5 tiles = 10km x 10km

I think whole maps, including areas outside the 25 tiles is 18km x 18km, which brought me to the idea that people will try to turn that into 9x9 tiles as the next step with mods.

Default game: you can unlock up to 9 out of 25 selectable tiles in a 5x5 tile grid.
25 tile mod: unlocks all 25 selectable tiles = 5 tiles x 5 tiles = 10km x 10km

I think whole maps, including areas outside the 25 tiles is 18km x 18km, which brought me to the idea that people will try to turn that into 9x9 tiles as the next step with mods.
yes, that makes sense...

I have heard the person saying it used 2.8GB of ram with 25 tiles and that the CPU usage was 60% i have no idea what kind of cpu or gpu he has.
@ around 15:45 he says 8.5gb ram and 30-40 cpu (keep in mind he's only at ~55k pop, and he's got streaming\encoding overhead)