• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

diceyy

Captain
63 Badges
Dec 20, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
By the time I got to play my current character (previous ruler lived to 85) the ai had given him a -1300 relations modifier for unfaithful letcher with his wife and -100 with most of the kingdoms dukes for shtupping their spouses and getting caught. Oh and he'd married his own first son to a lowborn courtier with dreadful stats.

What do you have to thank paradox for today?.

My son going to the varangian guard and coming back as an Orthodox Zealot.

When my daughter became queen at 35, I has suprised to know that she was the most hated womam in the world. All her 3 sons are bastards and of difrent dinasties and her husband incapable. Now, only a few years until she cant have more children or to be brutally murderered by a mob of angry housewifes, what ever comes first...

Being late this morning because I lost too much time on CKII yesterday...

To seriously thank for: A game that despite all its flaws I continue to play for long, long hours, usually enjoying the time, though often more thanks to the theme and atmosphere than the design/programming.

To thank for in the same sense you did in the OP (if I read you right, but I may be wrong): A long list, and I would be banned for it. Suffice to say I'm generally dissatisfied with the quality of the game and especially the company's approach to it, notably as regards quality assurance and quality control in post-release changes to the game.

Thanks paradox for wasting 93 days, 14 hours and 9 minutes of my life! (2247 hours)

Thanks, Paradox, for allowing me to carefully cultivate a lustful, genius heir, married to a lustful, genius wife of the same age, and then allowing him to be assassinated months after I gave him a county at the age of 22, and allowing me to ragequit to the last autosave and not give him a county, instead keeping him safe in court, where I could watch him become a debauched seducer whose wife has a -100 opinion of him, where he died anyway at the age of 26 of disease after spinning off two legitimate children and eight bastards. The guy had quite a career.

Thanks, Paradox, for allowing me to carefully cultivate a lustful, genius heir, married to a lustful, genius wife of the same age, and then allowing him to be assassinated months after I gave him a county at the age of 22, and allowing me to ragequit to the last autosave and not give him a county, instead keeping him safe in court, where I could watch him become a debauched seducer whose wife has a -100 opinion of him, where he died anyway at the age of 26 of disease after spinning off two legitimate children and eight bastards. The guy had quite a career.
Hopefully one of those kids had the genius trait so you can try again ... but thanking the programmers means that you got no genius and a couple of imbeciles instead. :)

Thanks for giving me the chance to see what it's like to vassalise both the antipope and the pope at the same time (after subjugating the antipope, thus taking him away from his old liege).

While I respect Paradox's need to do other stuff, I'd really appreciate them sparing a minute to fix depose antipope.

Thank you for reminding me that being the second strongest king on the map doesn't mean anything to my kids apparently.

(Your heir has become decedent)

Stop it

(a week later)

(Repeat 15 times for heir who has no negative stats.)

Lets see between him and his brothers I've had to knock sense into them probably around 46 times combined. I'm about to convert to something else at this rate then they can screw up as much as they like.

Aye, it be dangerous times to be giving ones heir a county. Dangerous times indeed. Best to keep him firmly rooted in your court with no freedom whatsoever, lest the AI choose for him seduction focus which brings nothing but bad traits, diseases and hatred from ones peers. Or lest he be abducted and blinded/castrated for no reason at all by another landed fellow who has the intrigue focus.

You have no one but yourself to blame. YOU are the one who failed to realize how worthless your heir was. Part of playing this game is constantly keeping an eye on who your heir is and how they're fairing. If you have a crappy heir, you do something to get a different one. There are many options. (imprison/execute almost always works, and if you're almost dead the -50 opinion for tyranny has no bearing whatsoever)

Im really not trying to be rude here, but this sounds like a "L2P" issue more than anything.

Last edited:
Thanks for giving me the chance to see what it's like to vassalise both the antipope and the pope at the same time (after subjugating the antipope, thus taking him away from his old liege).

While I respect Paradox's need to do other stuff, I'd really appreciate them sparing a minute to fix depose antipope.

I made a thread about that a while ago, disputing the assignment of low priority to this bug.

Thank you for reminding me that being the second strongest king on the map doesn't mean anything to my kids apparently.

Stop it

(a week later)

(Repeat 15 times for heir who has no negative stats.)

Lets see between him and his brothers I've had to knock sense into them probably around 46 times combined. I'm about to convert to something else at this rate then they can screw up as much as they like.

Yup that's basically why nobody likes playing as muslims! Only a true masochist would stay muslim all game, I recommend Nestorian!

By the time I got to play my current character (previous ruler lived to 85) the ai had given him a -1300 relations modifier for unfaithful letcher with his wife and -100 with most of the kingdoms dukes for shtupping their spouses and getting caught. Oh and he'd married his own first son to a lowborn courtier with dreadful stats.

Which is why I never land my heirs.

My son going to the varangian guard and coming back as an Orthodox Zealot.

At least he came back "intact." Sometimes they come back blind and neutered....

When my daughter became queen at 35, I has suprised to know that she was the most hated womam in the world. All her 3 sons are bastards and of difrent dinasties and her husband incapable. Now, only a few years until she cant have more children or to be brutally murderered by a mob of angry housewifes, what ever comes first...

While I dislike all the affairs, one good use for them is when husband becomes Celibate after joining a Holy Order. At least that way, you can still continue the "line" (in game terms, not in "true parentage" terms).

You have no one but yourself to blame. YOU are the one who failed to realize how worthless your heir was. Part of playing this game is constantly keeping an eye on who your heir is and how they're fairing. If you have a crappy heir, you do something to get a different one. There are many options. (imprison/execute almost always works, and if you're almost dead the -50 opinion for tyranny has no bearing whatsoever)

Im really not trying to be rude here, but this sounds like a "L2P" issue more than anything.

Don't you mean L2P Gamey. Some people don't like executing their own children.

Don't you mean L2P Gamey. Some people don't like executing their own children.

That's why they invented Blinding and Castration options.

But seriously: Between sticking people in a church, letting them join a holy order, changing religion, and/or changing succession law, you do have some options.

There are plenty of interesting stories (both historical and game related) about rulers realizing their heir sucks, and trying to change succession law in time.

Plenty of players have tried to go Elective, Ultimogeniture, and even Seniority to get away from a bad heir.

Worst case, you can always go Muslim (Open) or Buddhist/Jainist (for heir selection).