Will Germany be getting t38 tank when they take over Czechoslovak

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

comander455

Corporal
22 Badges
Jul 16, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pride of Nations
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Will the Germany be getting the T38 Tank & all the tank types from assault guns to tank hunters that come out of the family off tanks when they over Czechoslovak as part of there tech tree.

I believe one of the devs has said that they are considering it or would like to implement taking a countries pool of weapons when they surrender, but nothing is finalized there yet.

Haha I know, but they weren't much good against the t34's.

The tank was in use on the eastern front until 1942.
It's variants were produced until the end of the war (The Hetzer TD used the Panzer 38(t) chassis).
So, I hope that they are represented in the game.
Furthermore, I hope that having too many different tank models has negative effects.
Once Czechoslovakia is annexed, that would give Germany the option to continue building the Panzer 38(t) (more tanks, but problems due to having too many models) OR to retool to Mark III / Mark IV (less tanks due to conversion time, but later a more uniform tank force).

Furthermore....the old Panzer 38(t) could still be used for training. If they are classified as medium tanks, I could imagine creating an armored division with Panzer 38(t)s, train it to the highest level (regular?) and then switch to Mark III/IV/Panther.

Pz 38(t) Not T-38. T-38 was a Soviet amphibious scout tank.

It would possibly have had the designation LT-38 in the Chechoslovakian army had it not been annexed before reaching active service.

Will the Germany be getting the T38 Tank & all the tank types from assault guns to tank hunters that come out of the family off tanks when they over Czechoslovak as part of there tech tree.

You could have simply asked this in one of the other 4897 tank threads.

To answer your question: Nobody knows. Germany could also just get some extra brigades of Panzer 2/3s. No need to complicate things. It's a grand strategy game.

It would be great if a dev could answer the Beutepanzer question.

What do folks think would be the best way to implement this? An event that would only apply to annexing CZ or a generic mechanism for any country you annex?

generic mechanism for any country you annex?

This.

When you defeat and occupy a country you should get your hand on all the stockpiled Equipment, (get half of the "currently used Equipment"), and inherit the currently working line of production, that you can reassign or keep them working at the same efficiency.

You know, kind of how it worked with ressources and T38 brigade in HOI3 !

When you defeat and occupy a country you should get your hand on all the stockpiled Equipment, (get half of the "currently used Equipment"), and inherit the currently working line of production, that you can reassign or keep them working at the same efficiency.

What if you don't get 100% of the factories from an occupied country? Then you would have to decide which existing production lines are reduced or non-functional.

In HOI3 you got 75-90% penalty on IC. Probably similar mechanics in HOI4 to avoid making Axis too strong, so I don't see how could you retain 100% production lines.

What do folks think would be the best way to implement this? An event that would only apply to annexing CZ or a generic mechanism for any country you annex?

IMO, mechanics which gives conquering nation stockpile of defeated nation and 30% of equipment in its units (low % representing sabotage of equipment by troops of defeated nation). Same 30% would be also captured, if you force units surrender (overrun, encircled etc.).

I think there should be production lines up and running for panzer 38 T so you can build the marder III both with the Russian 76mms guns and the pak40s later on as well as the hetzer as well in the game .

Last edited:
I hope so. I also hope that AI Germany takes over Sudetenland and Czechoslovakia in the first place! I'm not sure how many HOI IV games will actually look and feel like WW2.

Last edited: