• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, the new way did the impressive task of making exploration more tedious using naval units. You get range 9+ and you get an enormous list of possible places to explore (in an inefficient manner) and no way to automate or conveniently sort it, such that it takes longer to find the freaking province you want without committing to some pathing that will kill your navy than just queuing orders.

Anti-micro features shouldn't introduce extra micro :/.

Agreed. Although land exploration is great, there you get to know all provinces in America in 20 years.

Meanwhile navy takes +fourty years simply because you don't always want to micro and simply clicking top list the list takes you from north to south and america's to india (continent is in tooltip but I don't always recognize the neighbouring sea)

I think 2 things should change when it comes to exploration.
1) land exploration should be twice as long. Maybe slow down the explorers or whatever, in my spain game i had all of the new world explored before 1520 except alaska.
2) expand how much is explored by ships. Aka, each mission discovers more land instead of targetting the one sea zone it uses now (or something like that.) I dont want a complete automation, since then it would be too fast.

Maybe make it so that you map out like half a colonial region's coast? half a trade company? or chain the missions together, like click "map la plata" and it will embark on several successive missions to do so on its own.