• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and now the launcher crashes all the times I try to play the game :(

Yeah, me too. I start it through Steam and next thing is launcher pops up and immediately goes blank with popup EU IV has stopped working.

EDIT: Ok, got it working again by disabling cloud sync. At least my current ironman save is local so I can continue playing. :)

Last edited:
Well, that removes any desire for me to buy the DLC then. I'll continue playing the 1.3 version I've been playing over the past year, as I don't like a lot of the changes made since then, most importantly the Colonial Nations.

Really? You rather play with the old revolt system for the sake of not playing Colonial Nations? and dont even get me started on those damn pirates.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or my computer, but when I remove a province from my custom nation, it freezes (the time it's frozen depends on how many provinces the country has)

Yeah, me too. I start it through Steam and next thing is launcher pops up and immediately goes blank with popup EU IV has stopped working.

EDIT: Ok, got it working again by disabling cloud sync. At least my current ironman save is local so I can continue playing. :)
I can't get past about 10 seconds after I hit play when the game crashes. Other steam games work fine. Any ideas?

Both... we felt it was mostly just confusing to the player to have decisions like Form Prussia when it wouldn't switch ideas.
Are you serious? A major part of the reason I was interested in this feature was to play standard countries with NI's of my choice without the hassle of modding the NI's.

And you seriously think the player base for this game is going to be confused by increasing the number of arbitrary rules details from 856,251 to 856,252?
You can mod them back in if you want.
Well, sure, but if I'm going to be modding whether I pay you $16 or not, why should I pay you $16?

EDIT:
To expand on that, what I was hoping to get out of this feature was:
1. Convenience
2. The ability to play custom nations (including formable nations from custom nations) in multiplayer
3. The ability to talk about the game with other players on the Internet on the basis that we're all playing by a standard set of rules.

The moment I start modding, all three of these features are GONE.

I'm fully aware that all I need to do to mod this is: copy a file; comment out one line in that file; create the appropriate directory structure and place the file in it; create the appropriate .mod file; zip the .mod file and the directory structure; mail the zip'd file to my friends whom I'm going to be playing multiplayer with; and walk any of them who don't know how to mod EU through the procedure of installing the mod over the phone.

Last edited:
To expand on that, what I was hoping to get out of this feature was:
1. Convenience
2. The ability to play custom nations (including formable nations from custom nations) in multiplayer
3. The ability to talk about the game with other players on the Internet on the basis that we're all playing by a standard set of rules.

The moment I start modding, all three of these features are GONE.
Same here. I modded it out locally (btw, it's two lines per file rather than one, lol), but playing in non-Ironman mode just doesn't feel right anymore.

What's left for now is just playing the first 70 years and waiting till it gets re-fixed. I see no reason to keep it that way; hardly anyone asked for it and the rest are dissatisfied.

Dear PDS, as much as I love You, still why the hell every second patch needs a hotfix, and another "full patch" to make the game really fun to play? I understand that Your Q&A team can't do everything, but You, propably more than anyone else, have a large group of loyal fans, who would not have a problem with playing at least one full beta-test game. For free. Just give us the possibility to do this (not like it's right now, either I "beta-test" it by playing the upgraded version, or I don't get achievements [and yes, I know that I can still get achievements with 1.9, but it was stated that its unsusal situation]) and You won't need hotfixes. [similary, I asked in separate thread, why the hell do You have "free weekend" right after a patch when You know it would be buggy as hell itself?! Is this how You want to attract new customers?].

Next Hot fix if possible:

Please fix the nudge tool. If the El Dorado DLC is checked in the launcher then nudge will not open and the game crashes immediately crashes. This is with no mods of any kind. Nudge does open with 1.10 with no El Dorado DLC checked.

Also fix the crash on leaving nudge that has existed for a long time.

Also fix the launcher in general. Starting with 1.10 the launcher repeately crashes each time a mod is updated. So when 1.10 was first installed I had the launcher crash 5 times or more in a row then things repeatly worked fine. Today the launcher crashed once as apparently another mod updated.

...you know, one idea I had (just checking to see if it's already there... okay it isn't!)... would it be possible to allow players to do two things.

1) Allow you to, instead of defining your own entirely new idea group, simply pick a pre-existing one. So, let's say you want to make a new Japanese Daimyo, just allow you to pick the Japanese Daimyo idea group.

2) On a related note, instead of creating your own new countries, allow you to customise an existing country. Make Shimazu a Western Catholic with more provinces, for example.

Just some stuff I thought might be cool.

Next Hot fix if possible:

Please fix the nudge tool. If the El Dorado DLC is checked in the launcher then nudge will not open and the game crashes immediately crashes. This is with no mods of any kind. Nudge does open with 1.10 with no El Dorado DLC checked.

Also fix the crash on leaving nudge that has existed for a long time.

Also fix the launcher in general. Starting with 1.10 the launcher repeately crashes each time a mod is updated. So when 1.10 was first installed I had the launcher crash 5 times or more in a row then things repeatly worked fine. Today the launcher crashed once as apparently another mod updated.
Bug Reports forum please, if not there already.
pls fix colonial flag bug
Bug Reports forum please, if not there already.

...you know, one idea I had (just checking to see if it's already there... okay it isn't!)... would it be possible to allow players to do two things.

1) Allow you to, instead of defining your own entirely new idea group, simply pick a pre-existing one. So, let's say you want to make a new Japanese Daimyo, just allow you to pick the Japanese Daimyo idea group.

2) On a related note, instead of creating your own new countries, allow you to customise an existing country. Make Shimazu a Western Catholic with more provinces, for example.

Just some stuff I thought might be cool.
Suggestions forum please, if not there already.

why is there some cultures in the game that never appear? Like Mayan for example, it seems kinda pointless. Even if you form Maya, your primary culture doesn't change to mayan??? (I know now they can be used for nation designer).

why is there some cultures in the game that never appear? Like Mayan for example, it seems kinda pointless. Even if you form Maya, your primary culture doesn't change to mayan??? (I know now they can be used for nation designer).

I'm pretty sure Mayan is just a legacy feature from back before they split up the Mayan culture. It has no place in EU4 now, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.