• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Brama

Private
11 Badges
Feb 26, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
I noticed one of my County Capitals that I own (the Castle Holding) has a negative -50% Penalty to the Tax Income, it says because I Sold off land to Burgher.

Why is this?
How did this Happen?
Can I fix this this?
if So How do I fix it?

Notes: I own the Kingdom of Ireland
My King has like 2,000 Gold so I dont see why I ever would need to sell anything. I always keep a positive income and when I raise levies, I never recieve any sort of notifcation or interaction that this happened, So Idk what caused this at all.

P.S. Sorry if this is some where in the forum, I tried using search I couldnt find anything. and I tried googling but couldnt come up with anything relating to this specific matter.

You sold land to some commoner scum so the nobility hates your guts and won't pay. And don't try to claim otherwise - that modifier appears only if you said yes in the event.

You sold land to some commoner scum so the nobility hates your guts and won't pay. And don't try to claim otherwise - that modifier appears only if you said yes in the event.

I never had that event pop off. But I did do a Mass revoke title with my last king, and I appointed Duchyies, Counties and some Holding to my Dynasty, Then I appoint the rest to people in my court.

So is it possible that someone I gave land to in this paticular county is low-born. I think it may have been the high Martial character I gave the new Castle I built to. Either way I never go any notifcation or warning of this.

Wow wtf is good with you People. You dont know how to act or talk to people u dont need to reply. U can take your shitty attitude elsewhere

Or whoever held the county before you did did it. Suck it up and deal, it's not that bad.

No the Holding that has the Penalty is the County Capital. and My King before owned it. But I did recently build a New Castle holding with in the County and gave it away to a character with High Martial skill cause I was over my demense cap.

No the Holding that has the Penalty is the County Capital. and My King before owned it. But I did recently build a New Castle holding with in the County and gave it away to a character with High Martial skill cause I was over my demense cap.

Nope, it's specifically an event where the Burghers come to you and offer you 150g (?) in exchange for some of your land. Then you get the income penalty for x amount of years (10?). Either you or a former holder of this county accepted the deal.... either that or it's a bug that nobody else has come across yet?

Nope, it's specifically an event where the Burghers come to you and offer you 150g (?) in exchange for some of your land. Then you get the income penalty for x amount of years (10?). Either you or a former holder of this county accepted the deal.... either that or it's a bug that nobody else has come across yet?

Well I loaded a save with my Old king that was a few years back, Had same Penalty. So im guessing the Owner before I conqured the land made the deal, cause the penalty only last for a few more years. I actually saw the red chest indicator under my avatar when looking at the property. Thank you. I will just wait this out.

By the way does anyone know if selling the land only has the stated effect or whether it has a chance to set off a longer event chain to screw you over?

My paranoid self makes me feel like its a trap event, but my min-maxer self says I should calculate the yearly income of the holding.

I've done it twice, no negatives either time. I calculated it out and it was almost exactly the same.... but not sure if it varies with how built up your lands are?