IMPORTANT - Patch 1.10 will break Ironman saves - revert patch level to finish them

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Hi guys!

Unfortunately it seems that Ironman saves from before won't work in 1.10. So if you have old saves you want to complete before embarking on the search for El Dorado, please revert back to the previous patch (1.9.2) level and complete the games you started.

Your old saves might still work. But we strongly recommend finishing off any old saves in the previous patch level before updating.

You will still be able to get achievements. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused!

Code:
[b]How to select a previous patch level[/b]
1. Right click the game in Steam
2. Select Properties
3. Go to the tab BETAS
4. Select desired patch level in the drop down list
5. Download update

EDIT - Some nifty information on previous patch levels etc: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...atch-levels-of-Europa-Universalis-IV-How-to-s!

Best Regards
Björn

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I was on good progress towards the Danelaw/Electable achievement, bad to see I cant complete it with El Dorado. I'll stick to 1.9.2 until done.
Anyway, thanks for telling us in advance, you saved a campaign for me ;)

what were the settings in steam to deactivate autoupdate? i dont see in the prop/autoupdate window this option?

Well, I was on good progress towards the Danelaw/Electable achievement, bad to see I cant complete it with El Dorado. I'll stick to 1.9.2 until done.
Anyway, thanks for telling us in advance, you saved a campaign for me ;)
The only way to prevent 1.10 coming down when you next play the game is to take Steam offline or don't run it. And both those stop all achievements. So you'll have to let it update to 1.10 then manually roll back to 1.9.2 as described.

Just ironman won't work, or do some of the changes cause problems in all saves?
Almost invariably there will be some other issues, how serious we simply don't know as yet.

2 questions, will you be able to use el dorado in 1.9.2? 2nd question can you play a bit of 1.10 and then go back to an old campaign and finish off the achievements?
You can't use DLCs released after any patch when playing with that patch. The code to support that DLC is simply non-existent in eu4.exe until it is updated to the version that was released with the DLC.

So we should revert using the beta system right?
He explicitly described how to do that in the OP. I'm really not sure how that was unclear?

This is frustrating for working parents.

So the Beta-Old Version 1.9 will still allow achievements (the older ones don't iirc)? How long is this gonna be the case?

Yes, achievements will continue to work. It should work at least until the next patch.

EDIT - Achievements added with 1.10 will of course not be obtainable in 1.9.2. But all that existed before will continue to work

It's great that you let us know this beforehand and not tomorrow :)

Otherwise it feels like this:

tumblr_m31rfa1JJo1qd8tfx.gif

Good "heads up", saw it on facebook, would have missed it on steam and wouldn't have checked the forums until I would have ran into the issue :).

Pfew, might have been days before I continued that save game and it would have taken me some time before realising what was going on...

Just ironman won't work, or do some of the changes cause problems in all saves?

Regular saves should be fine, but as always it's not guaranteed.

So the Beta-Old Version 1.9 will still allow achievements (the older ones don't iirc)? How long is this gonna be the case?

Old achievements always work with old betas.