• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
tbh I don't quite get what the kingdom of ruthenia is meant to represent. Was there even a guy who styled himself King of Ruthenia? in almost all games, kings of Rus and kings of Ruthenia appear almost right of the bat, while historically iirc the "Kingdom-tier" Rus only appeared in 15th century and Ruthenia I never even heard about.
Perhaps it would unfold more history-like if Ruthenia and Rus were merged into one huge de jure Rus? At least it would be more difficult to form it.

tbh I don't quite get what the kingdom of ruthenia is meant to represent. Was there even a guy who styled himself King of Ruthenia? in almost all games, kings of Rus and kings of Ruthenia appear almost right of the bat, while historically iirc the "Kingdom-tier" Rus only appeared in 15th century and Ruthenia I never even heard about.
Perhaps it would unfold more history-like if Ruthenia and Rus were merged into one huge de jure Rus? At least it would be more difficult to form it.

They just should use the Grand Principialities as kingdoms... They were very much kingdom tier historically.

I like it, actually.
1. Localising East Slavic kingdoms as "Grand principalities"
and
2. Renaming Ruthenia to Kiev, Rus to Vladimir
sound very nice and plausible to me.
3. Splitting Novgorod into a separate one, with Polotsk thrown in for weight seems like a bit of strecth but still ok.
Personally I'd have liked if Novgorod was duchy-tier, and the kingdom-tier title was only formable with additional requirements, like being a republic and holding 100% territory, but that's certainly fancyful.
4. The real cherry of the cake would be indeed to implement realm naming after capital province for Russians.
I like it, nice thread you've linked here.
That'd mean no more stupid Kings of Ruthenia in the 8th century, no more "3rd Ruthenian subjugation of Rus" that I'm sure everyone has grown weary of, and very few actual time-requiring or game-altering changes.

Though sadly Novgorod/Holmgard can't be a (playable) republic since it's not coastal.

This whole thread for a troll post... OP didn't even reply once, was probably too busy giggling as he looked at everyone being butthurt over nationalism.

Have seen this same vitriol somewhere else too....hmmm...oh yeah! Just replace Russia with Estonia.

So why did the Rurikids used Norse names in there first generations? ;) I'm pretty sure it's fact that the Rurikids were Norse

Most of the world usually accepts that Rurik and those first rulers of Russia were Norse. But then there's Russia and their... creative relationship with history.

The first Rurikids were possibly Norse, but they assimilated quite quickly, something which never happens in CKII.
Instead, Igor (who, it should be mentioned, is a kinsman of Rurik, not his son) either dies or converts to Norse, or someone else just goes apeshit all over Russia.

Most of the world usually accepts that Rurik and those first rulers of Russia were Norse. But then there's Russia and their... creative relationship with history.
They're hardly the only ones. ;)

Is the Rota system capable of being done in the current engine? Tributaries are must and not just for Russia though.

Russia is one area that could use some attention, I will agree with that.
Effectively it could be a succession law that alters between gavelkind and seniority if I recall correctly. I've put this idea forward before, quite doable and it'd have nearly the same effect.